I am an engineer with over eleven years experience utilizing a variety of technologies. I have significant experience working with clients to build relationships to ensure satisfaction and delivery of service. I enjoy working with development and stakeholders to deploy systems in an agile environment for rapid building and prototyping applications. You can find me at Bay
I am an engineer with over eleven years experience utilizing a variety of technologies. I have significant experience working with clients to build relationships to ensure satisfaction and delivery of service. I enjoy working with development and stakeholders to deploy systems in an agile environment for rapid building and prototyping applications. You can find me at Bay Area Hackathons on the weekend having fun, and continuously building things!
DevOps @ • Created playbooks to deploy via Ansible, and scale with AMI, Autoscaling Groups, Ansible-pull, and Jenkins.
• Built and maintained Jenkins for scheduling jobs, CI, and CD.
• Built and maintained multiple services to fit the needs of the organization, including Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, and other data stores.
• Worked with backend team to help establish a microservice architecture and migrated the platform from a monolithic legacy stack to the new platform.
• Created several APIs to help monitor various parts of the stack and integrated with Nagios and Pagerduty.
• Worked with engineering stakeholders to develop vagrants for local development. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead DevOps Engineer @ From December 2014 to March 2015 (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead DevOps Engineer @ • Developed tools to deploy servers via Rake and Web UI (Rails) with Chef.
• Built and maintained Redis Sentinel & Redis Pods for application use.
• Configured and maintained monitoring with Inspeqtor, Monit, and Librato.
• Developed company Dashboards feeding from RabbitMQ to display application highlights.
• Built development Vagrants to be used by the engineering team.
• Upgraded and maintained multiple Postgres Databases for the engineering team. From August 2014 to December 2014 (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior DevOps Engineer @ • Wrote and maintained several application specific cookbooks for Chef, and manifests for Puppet.
• Created several Vagrant boxes for local development testing.
• Maintained multiple sites and centralized logging with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
• Developed Capistrano deployments and tasks to push out Rails, MEAN, and Sinatra applications.
• Developed web applications for internal usage, specifically admin and bug reporting tools.
• Deployed and maintained several cloud based systems via EC2, storage in S3, and DNS via Route 53, and other cloud services (AWS).
• Worked extensively with Redis, Postgres, MongoDB, Sidekiq, Puma, Unicorn, Nginx, Apache, Google Analytics, RMagick, ImageMagick, Carrierwave, and more. From February 2014 to August 2014 (7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTeam Lead, Application Operations @ • Managed deployment of multiple development clusters managed with Chef.
• Designed and implemented multiple tools and scripts with Ruby and Bash to automate the environment.
• Actively worked with Business Partners to establish active monitoring tools such as Nagios and Cacti.
• Worked with development team to establish Jenkins integration services.
• Established version control with development team to manage scripts and tool set deployment with git. From April 2013 to February 2014 (11 months) Regional IT Manager @ • Designed and implemented a helpdesk for over 800 users and 700 pieces of equipment.
• Created a virtualized infrastructure by migrating over 2 dozen servers and 600 workstations with VMWare products, netting a nearly $100,000 cost reduction in year 1 deployment.
• Planned and migrated the change from Exchange 2003 to a hybrid of Linux based email and Exchange 2007.
• Integrated Sharepoint into the user environment, bringing collaborative project management, document control, and a single point of information dispersal online.
• Implemented Mobile messaging with iPhones, Androids, Blackberries, and Palm OS phones throughout the organization.
• Transitioned over 15 sites during the largest automotive retail acquisition in Tennessee, to include all hardware, software, and network devices.
• Worked with the executive leadership to design and implement new application solutions at all sites.
• Significantly increased network and physical security protocols through creation of ACLs, implementation of IPS and IDS systems, and instituting Authorize Use Policies.
• Designed and maintained network topology across a MPLS with EIGRP and HSRP for redundancy. From May 2010 to April 2013 (3 years) Field Engineer @ • On site support services for multiple areas and residents in Middle Tennessee.
• Implemented large scale VOIP and Network rollout at distribution center locally.
• Designed and wrote documentation for several integrated solutions within established infrastructure. From September 2009 to March 2010 (7 months) System Analyst @ • Support and maintain more than 12 major health systems in the United States including critical servers and operating room workstations to ensure maximum uptime.
• Collaborate with multiple technical teams and liaise between different groups of resolvers to roll out system updates including the 2007/8 DST changeovers.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of more than 50,000 Active Directory user accounts.
• Controlled access to various applications through regular user audits to ensure compliance with set security policies.
• Ticket and queue management within the Remedy platform.
• Administer critical issues and the handling of problems by other analysts as a higher tiered analyst.
• Assist in training junior analysts in similar roles.
• Wrote documentation to clearly outline support and technical procedures for the use of my team. From November 2006 to February 2009 (2 years 4 months) Senior Technician @ • Developed and maintained help desk solutions for small to medium size businesses in the Middle Tennessee area.
• Planned, built, and integrated workstations and servers into existing infrastructures.
• Provided technical phone support to service contracted businesses.
• Troubleshot software and hardware problems such as viral and malware infections, network and email issues, damaged or malfunctioning equipment, printers, and scanners. From January 2003 to February 2006 (3 years 2 months) Chaplain Assistant @ From 1997 to 2000 (3 years)
B.S., Information Technology @ Western Governors University From 2009 to 2012 Stephen Brandon is skilled in: System Administration, Virtualization, User Management, Active Directory, VMware, Documentation, Servers, Hardware, Windows Server, Network Administration, A+ Certified, Troubleshooting, Windows Server 2003, Computer Hardware, XP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension