Bachelor's Degree, Dual-Major in Economics / Accounting and History @
Claremont McKenna College
Having worked with various technologies throughout my career in finance, I often found many of them to be cumbersome and packed with unnecessary complexity. My frustration with these tools and applications led me to my ambitions of creating better implementations for accomplishing similar tasks, but with a focus on simplicity. Subsequently, I sought out the opportunity of
Having worked with various technologies throughout my career in finance, I often found many of them to be cumbersome and packed with unnecessary complexity. My frustration with these tools and applications led me to my ambitions of creating better implementations for accomplishing similar tasks, but with a focus on simplicity. Subsequently, I sought out the opportunity of training at DevBootcamp.
The education I received from DevBootcamp not only introduced me to the vast world of Ruby on Rails web development, but infused in me a passion for collaborative programming. I constantly seek experiences that will further this growth and help me to enhance my skills as a programmer, overall.
QA Engineer @ • Primary test publisher for equity-based crowdfunding platform aimed at financing small-business startups and helping growing companies to find alternative funding avenues.
• Responsible for implementing specs written in Ruby, using RSpec and Capybara for integration and feature testing.
• Worked closely and met regularly with management and development team, using Atlassian task tracking software and remote video communication in accordance with Agile and Scrum methodologies. From 2014 to 2014 (less than a year) Intern @ • Joined a team of developers to assist in final stages of completing video engagement application, to be published on such sites as TMZ, ESPN, Bravo, and Bleacher Report. Brought in to fulfill company needs in polishing UI/UX.
• Tasked to rapidly learn technologies used in production(i.e. CoffeeScript, ImageMagick, Pandastream, and Pusher). From 2013 to 2013 (less than a year) Teaching Assistant @ • Volunteered as an assistant to bootcamp instructors, fielding questions from students regarding final projects/presentations built with Ruby on Rails.
• Sought additional business by generating leads through existing clients and contacts.
• Demonstrated proactive attitude by seeking duties outside job function to assist other account managers and junior processors. From 2010 to 2013 (3 years) Loan Processing Associate @ • Processed loan files from application/commitment to funding, gathering and reviewing all pertinent loan information.
• Recorded and analyzed borrower and vendor information to ensure investor guidelines and regulatory compliance.
• Worked with vendors including but not limited to appraisal, title, and escrow.
• Identified customer issues and offered solutions and options to fulfill customer’s expectations and needs.
• Assisted in tracking and updating loan originator system with pertinent dates, and updated borrower/vendor documentation. From 2009 to 2010 (1 year) Tax Accounting Associate @ • Extensive experience in tax preparation for all types of business structures, ranging from flow-through entities (i.e. S-Corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies) to large multi-state corporations with assets totaling over $85 million.
• Performed duties in strategic tax planning and preparation for numerous high net-worth individuals with filing requirements of varying complexity.
• Researched Federal, State and local tax statutes and laws; explored compliance issues to advise companies of the impact of such rules and regulations.
• Guided newly hired accountants in company procedures for preparing tax workpapers and various returns. From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Account Manager / Underwriter @ • Ensured all loan production activities adhered to company guidelines, investor requirements, and overall standard of excellence for quality of loans.
• Communicated with all channels of loan process (e.g. management, sales executives, brokers, and internal production).
• Evaluated accuracy and fairness of residential appraisals for subject properties of managed accounts.
• Verified consistency of information in file against loan application, preliminary title report, and appraisal.
• Performed complete credit analysis of all applicants’ trade-lines to determine suitable mortgage program eligibility.
• Selected as Learning Path Expert to instruct trainees in underwriting and funding procedures.
• Graduated with honors from program designed for mastery of mortgage loan process. From 2002 to 2007 (5 years) Analyst – Health & Benefits Practice @ • Provided consultation, examined costs, and determined employee healthcare rates for clients to improve human resource efficiency.
• Corresponded daily with healthcare providers (e.g. Aetna, CIGNA, Kaiser Permanente) and clients (e.g. TDK Semiconductors, City of Hope, and County of Orange) on relevant healthcare issues.
• Member of recruiting committee, responsible for interviewing and evaluating prospective employees of Mercer. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension