Bachelor's Degree @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Engineering Manager - Dispatch Platform @ Building the platform which connects riders and drivers on millions of trips each day. From March 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ From September 2014 to February 2015 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaEngineering Manager @ Led the infrastructure and API teams in development of
Engineering Manager - Dispatch Platform @ Building the platform which connects riders and drivers on millions of trips each day. From March 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ From September 2014 to February 2015 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaEngineering Manager @ Led the infrastructure and API teams in development of Treasure Data's cloud data analytics platform
* Grew annual revenue from customer subscriptions 5x
* Maintained and grew the cloud infrastructure to process terabytes of input data per day.
* Integrated Facebook's Presto query engine into the platform, with specific emphasis toward performance optimizations when running in AWS
* Development on Hadoop and Hive/Pig to improve performance in a cloud setting
* Hiring and mentoring engineers in both the US and Japan From January 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaFounding Engineer @ First engineer at Vurb, worked with a team of four to build the product into a $1.5m+ seed-funded startup. Full-stack engineering with focus on backend architecture, also worked on product, marketing, and wore many different hats.
Vurb is funded by Max Levchin, Drew Houston, Naval Ravikant, CRV, and Atlas Ventures. Winner of Techcrunch Disrupt NYC 2014.
Technologies: Node.js on the backend, backbone/jquery on the frontend. From December 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ Worked on a yet unreleased enterprise social network product, aimed at connecting colleagues to the latest professional news and updates. Also made contributions to the company portal page, which allows businesses to promote their products and career opportunities.
Technologies: Java, Scala, Voldemort, Kafka From July 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTrading Analyst @ Developed trading strategies for the Asian markets, with specific focus on Nikkei futures, Hang Seng futures, and Kospi options. Worked extensively with raw market tick data using columnar database (Kx Systems) and statistical analysis package (R). From July 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 1 month) Greater Chicago AreaSoftware Engineering Intern @ Improved Google Calendar's product experience for blind users with screen reader software (through numerous accessibility change). On a different front, revamped the meeting scheduler tool for enterprise customers.
Technologies: C/C++ From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months) Greater Seattle Area
Master's Degree, Computer Science, 5.0/5.0 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science & Mathematics (Double Degree), 4.8/5.0 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 2004 to 2008
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension