Vice President and Head of Environmental Affairs @ TD Bank
Head of Americas, Credit Suisse Enviornmental Investment Group, now known as EBG Capital @ Credit Suisse
Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
I am an experienced business leader with recognized expertise in energy, environment & sustainability, including shale oil and gas/hydraulic fracturing. I have improved business performance and increased investor returns by defining strategy, realigning companies, and leading change. I am particularly adept at increasing visibility, differentiating brands, and engaging customers and investors, while concurrently building robust organizations (people,
I am an experienced business leader with recognized expertise in energy, environment & sustainability, including shale oil and gas/hydraulic fracturing. I have improved business performance and increased investor returns by defining strategy, realigning companies, and leading change. I am particularly adept at increasing visibility, differentiating brands, and engaging customers and investors, while concurrently building robust organizations (people, product, processes) organically and via acquisition. As an innovator, I combine business know-how with broad geopolitical and science perspectives to solve complex problems. I am a sought-after public speaker. I have worked across the US and internationally.
BUSINESS LEADERSHIP AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT
• Build and market entrepreneurial departments and enterprises that generate shareholder value by boosting brand and external recognition, increasing revenue and efficiency, and changing culture
• Lead high-performing, diverse, cross-disciplinary teams that deliver measurable results
• Align and inspire employees, customers, investors, non-profits, and Boards.
STRATEGY AND EXECUTION
• Increase share price by positioning companies for customers and investors/Wall Street analysts.
• Define market and investment opportunities to maximize business and societal value
• Drive execution to scale businesses for next stage of growth: e.g., by defining strategy and rallying core teams, functions and processes; while building out environment and social responsibility platform
PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND PUBLIC SPEAKER
• Expert on shale oil and gas environment risks and opportunities
• At the forefront of sustainability and corporate social responsibility: Coined "Chief Sustainability Officer 2.0(sm)". Created methodology to systematically engage diverse audiences, transform culture and measure business results.
• Sought-after public speaker cited in The Economist, Forbes, The Guardian, and The Washington Post.
CEO and Founder @ Established C-suite consultancy that partners with investors and CEOs on company strategy and execution, customer and investor positioning, and sustainability to maximize returns. Clients have included corporate, private equity, family office, and government entities.
• Retained by incoming President of a Fortune 500 company’s global energy services division to turn around negative Wall Street Analyst perception. Partnered with him to review strategy and profit assumptions, senior management capabilities, and investor narrative.
• Engaged by private equity firm to assess if global energy services portfolio company had any value and to resolve standoff with CEO over strategy, then went into company to align functions with revised strategy in preparation for anticipated IPO.
• Retained by high-net worth investor to increase share price of his holdings. Assist his CEOs by using sustainability to increase customer and investor visibility and attractiveness. From July 2005 to Present (10 years 6 months) Head of Environment @ As first head of new department in Top 10 US retail bank, led team that transformed the bank’s environmental reputation among customers, communities, government officials, media, and NGOs.
• Led design and execution of high-profile, award-winning integrated marketing, PR, donations and thought leadership campaign that engaged customers, enhanced the brand, and exponentially increased favorable media impressions.
• Led award-winning 26,000 person bank-wide employee engagement program that pushed out the frontier of corporate social responsibility by generating quantitative business results while instilling a culture of environment.
• Authored “Environmental Employee Engagement Roadmap: How to Build a Streamlined Program That Quickly Delivers Business and Environmental Results”.
• Protected and enhanced bank's reputation by building NGO relationships, educating its investor team on perceptions versus reality of hydraulic fracturing, and as a media spokesperson when activists targeted bank, From July 2011 to July 2014 (3 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaHead of Americas, Credit Suisse Enviornmental Business Group, and its spinout EBG Capital @ Hired to run Americas business for new “impact investing” group that spun out of CS as independent company.
• Participated in developing private equity investment products customized to meet “triple bottom line” objectives of Swiss family offices and sovereign wealth funds.
• Products focused on global cleantech, energy efficiency, green real estate, water, sustainable timber, agriculture, and biodiversity sectors.
• Acknowledged in retrospect as having been an astute board voice advocating cash preservation ahead of downturn, and for recognizing CEO candidate strengths and weaknesses.
• Developed investor presentations and called on dozens of investors and consultants as part of successful team effort to win initial mandate for new firm and create going concern during Great Recession. From January 2008 to July 2011 (3 years 7 months) Director @ Grew from entry-level consultant into multiple general management roles in $13 billion global professional services firm.
• On leadership teams of two business units serving Fortune 500 C-suite and private equity clients.
• Sold engagements, played central role developing and launching new product, held leadership roles in recruiting, talent development, and mentoring people of color.
• Led 50+ high-performing, diverse teams that delivered broad range of services including: international market entry strategy, business plans, operations restructuring, cost reduction, M&A diligence, and valuations.
• Hand-picked to work with PwC’s future CEO on C&L’s global strategy based on ability to navigate 100+ international partnerships.
• Managed significant parts of PwC’s merger integration/cost reduction and divestiture activity. Led global cross-function team that successfully transferred $743 million in contracts in 39 countries within 45 days, considered the most challenging closing condition for the $3.5 billion PwC Consulting sale to IBM. From August 1995 to July 2005 (10 years) Business Development/Strategy Planning Associate @ Built valuation models and supported four merger integrations for $50 million revenue biotechnology company that modified DNA for agchem and pharmaceutical clients. From 1990 to 1992 (2 years) Associate @ Conducted strategy analyses, diligence, and valuations for private equity and corporate clients. From 1988 to 1990 (2 years)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ Harvard Business SchoolMaster of Public Administration (M.P.A.), International Political and Economic Development @ Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of GovernmentZoology/Animal Biology @ University of OxfordBachelor’s Degree, Biology @ Yale University Diana Glassman is skilled in: Management Consulting, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Sustainability, Private Equity, Consulting, Investments, Renewable Energy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Environmental Awareness, Venture Capital, Change Management, Energy, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension