With 2.5 years of experience as a Product Manager (Baidu, Microsoft) delivering multiple products
With 2.5 years of experience as a Product Manager (Baidu, Microsoft) delivering multiple products customers really loved, it has given me an edge of customer empathy and insight alongside my technical strengths.
I am now enthused to get hands-on again as a Software Engineer to leverage my technical strengths and product experience & passion for shipping great products.
Product Manager @ I was a product manager for display advertising, and was responsible for product planning and driving ideas from concept to product launch.
• Led the team to create a new bid strategy to optimize conversion for gaming advertisers. All the gaming clients, including Top-10 web gaming companies in China, soon adopted it.
• Led a project to create a new set of advertisement formats through multiple iterations of experiments (A/B, cohort analysis) and optimization. This project increased revenue by 2%.
• Designed and launched a new set of features to help users create and manage campaigns more efficiently, including a new monitoring and notification system and a new website for users to check FAQs and download product documents. From November 2013 to January 2015 (1 year 3 months) Beijing City, ChinaProduct Manager @ I was the Product Manager for SmartMedia, a guaranteed-delivery ad network for brand customers.
• Designed and launched a key traffic estimation and booking system to optimize the use of ad inventory. It resolved the severe issue of over committing ad inventory to clients.
• Introduced and implemented agile methodologies and testing process for engineering team. From November 2012 to May 2013 (7 months) Shanghai City, ChinaProgram Manager @ Windows Small Business Server was an on-premise and cloud hybrid server for small businesses. I was Program Manager for it and responsible for a set of new features.
• Designed migration and new quick set-up features for users to migrate smoothly from old version to new version, and provided an easy-to-setup product and reduced the setup effort. Led the feature team delivered these features at high quality and in a timely fashion.
• Did user feedback survey and user study to understand customers’ thoughts about future features. From February 2011 to February 2012 (1 year 1 month) Shanghai City, ChinaSoftware Development Engineer in Test @ I worked on Windows Small Business Server and Home Server as a SDET.
• Responsible for a set of new features’ quality assurance, including design test strategies and plans for both manual and automation test. Led test vendors to execute the manual test.
• Focused on implementing test automation using C#, and automation test coverage reached 98%. Drove team-wide effort to increase test coverage of networking features using simulated router hardware.
• Worked closely with engineering team in partner companies and drove the test effort to ensure the quality of the domain name configuration feature built by Microsoft and two partner companies. From July 2008 to February 2011 (2 years 8 months) Shanghai City, ChinaSoftware Developer Intern @ I worked on AutoCAD Civil 3D development, including new feature development and maintenance.
• Developed a group of customized assemblies using VB.net.
• Maintained auto-correction for drawing feature and fixed bugs using C++. From July 2007 to June 2008 (1 year) Shanghai City, China
Bachelor's degree, Computer Software Engineering @ Harbin Institute of Technology Yingyu Ma is skilled in: Python, Django, C++, C#, Software Engineering, Software Development, Product Management, Software Project Management, Software Design, User Experience, Product Planning, Product Design, Display Advertising, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, Agile Methodologies, Testing, User Interface Design
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension