Senior Technical Consultant - Cloud and EUC @ Rainmaker Solutions
No education info found.
Senior Technical Consultant @ Assigned to State Street Bank to provide Technical Support and reccomendation to State Street Technical teams in support of a Global Infrstructure Lifecycle program. The program objective is to uplift Lagacy Standard OS deployments and their workloads/critical applications across the EMEA business.to a supported platform. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) United
Senior Technical Consultant @ Assigned to State Street Bank to provide Technical Support and reccomendation to State Street Technical teams in support of a Global Infrstructure Lifecycle program. The program objective is to uplift Lagacy Standard OS deployments and their workloads/critical applications across the EMEA business.to a supported platform. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) United KingdomHead of Infrastructure @ Hyperion is an international insurance intermediary group with insurance broking and underwriting agency arms. I was responsible for overseeing the Groups IT Infrastructure through one of IT's most busiest times and its Merger with R.K.Harrison. From April 2015 to July 2015 (4 months) London, United KingdomSenior Technical Architect @ Towergate Insurance has grown through acquisition. As such the overall IT Infrastructure has become a series of silo's and is not efficient.
My role at Towergate is to look at all of Infrastructure in a systematic approach starting with DR / BCP for the Business Critical services provided by IT. The bigger picture will include a roadmap of sorts to achieve optimal, flexible and efficient compute within Towergate IT Infrastructure. From August 2014 to April 2015 (9 months) London, United KingdomSenior Technical Consultant @ Hewlett-Packards end client are undergoing a infrastructure transformation to a target Cloud compute architecture. This particular assignment covers architecting / implementation of a Hybrid On-Premise Exchange / O365 with AD Federation for SSO. Approximate number of mailboxes for migration is in the region of 5000 mailboxes. This assignment demands working to extremely tight deadlines/schedule. From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) Norwich, United KingdomLead Wintel Architect @ Tech Mahindra is a leading provider of solutions and services in the Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) industry serving over 500 global customers, including Fortune 500 companies. A USD 2.63 billion company with over 83,000 professionals.
I had been contracted to work on client site (Amlin PLC – Insurance) to provide Senior Technical Support and also Architect / design and manage a technology transformation from a Physical Datacenter model to a flexible dynamic Datacenter model. From October 2013 to February 2014 (5 months) Senior Technical Consultant / Lead TDA @ Orange Business Services (Henceforth OBS) is the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, is the first in Britain to offer superfast 4G mobile services alongside fibre broadband. OBS is adding and improving their portfolio of cloud IAAS (Infrastructure As A Service). These services include Flexible Computing solutions built around VCE, v Block and FlexPod architectures. Deliverables for this assignment were to engage with Heineken (OBS End Client) and hold a series of workshops with primary stakeholders to determine and plan architecture designs for accommodating the migration of Heineken Datacentre resources (Servers/Services) away from a competitors hosted datacentre to a Hybrid OCS Private Cloud /.Hosted platform. The overall solution design included the below technologies/deliverables.:
• High Level Solution Design
• Low Level Solution Design
• Transition / Migration roadmap
• VMware vSphere 5.*
• Cisco Nexus
• Cisco FEX (Fabric Extenders)
• NetApp FAS
• Microsoft AD / ADFS
• Microsoft Lync Edge From July 2013 to October 2013 (4 months) Technical Consultant @ This assignment involved architecture design and delivery of a “Model Office” environment which should represent a “Real world” potential client environment one would expect to find. The Model Office was required by Computacenter to break-fix/test a new (under development) solution which would later become part of Computacenter’s portfolio of products and services. This assignment required in-depth knowledge and a hands on approach with the below technology areas:
• VCE VBlock Series 700
• VMware vCload Director
• VMware vSphere
• Microsoft Server 2008 R2
• Exchange Server 2010
• Microsoft Lync 2010 / Enterprise Voice
• Active Directory 2008
• Server Hardware From March 2013 to June 2013 (4 months) Lead Technical Architect @ One of Eurodata’s end clients asked Eurodata to manage the relocation of their primary hosted Datacentre to Eurodata’s hosted Datacentre environment. Not only am I the lead technical architect for this engagement but am also solely responsible for the delivery of the below technology streams in addition to overseeing the overall transition.
•VMware vSphere 5.1 Technologies
•Cloud and Multitenant Infratrsucture solutions.
•Windows 2003 Active Directory (AD) – Upgrade to 2008 Active Directory
•Exchange 2003 – Upgrade to Exchange 2010
•Symantec Enterprise vault Email Archive – Migration to Mimecast
•File Servers – Migration to 2008 DFS solution.
•Design / Implementation of Microsoft DPM (Data Protection Manager) 2010
•McAfee ePO (ePolicy Orchestrator)
•Microsoft CRM Dynamics From February 2012 to February 2013 (1 year 1 month) Lead Technical Consultant @ Working with both EuroData & Glasshouse Solutions as a consultant sub-contracted to Ad-Hoc engagements . Below are some examples of my responsibilites through engagements, the largest being responsible for the architecture and design of Microsofts largest ever Hybrid Exchange 2003/2010 & Office 365 (Exchange Online) solution to facilitate "25,000" online mailbox’s for the University of Surrey.
• Architecting a high level backup / recovery solution for a bank based in Brussels.
• Technical consulting for “The London Business School” - Exchange 2010 Upgrade.
• Technical consulting for “Marks and Clerk” (LAW) with a Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010. From September 2011 to February 2012 (6 months) Senior Infrastructure Consultant (Short Term Contract) @ I was employed by Logica Via BT Engage to carry out a health check of a partially deployed Exchange 2010 environment and complete the transition as well as make reccomendations for a BES 4.1 to BES 5.0 migration at client site (OfCom). I was also required to ratify Active Directory by way of a health check. From July 2011 to August 2011 (2 months) London, United KingdomSenior Infrastructure Architect Consultant (Contract Term) @ Deliver class leading solution architecture and quality consulting to Glue’s clients. Whilst employed by Glue Reply, I was onsite at Sainsbury’s (Reply’s end client) providing Infrastructure solutions architecture consulting covering the below infrastructure areas:
•Enterprise Storage solutions with EMC DMX and VMAX technology
•Server hardware consolidation with IBM HX5 Blade architecture.
•SPARC Hardware consolidation with Virtualisation for SPARC
•Server virtualisation transformation with VMware hardware virtualisation technology. From March 2011 to June 2011 (4 months) Principle Technical Design Authority (Contract) @ ThruPoint sub-contracted my services to Orange Business Services (OBS), where I was acting as Principle Technical Design Authority for the merger of two large global hedge funds. My role was to design a target IT infrastructure for the merged companies of Equity Trust & TMF. The design was a “green field” solution with final design requirements which had to be compatible with managed services provided by Orange Business Services (OBS). Therefore it had to be designed with the intention that OBS can manage as much of this infrastructure in the future – hence, in line with OBS portfolio of managed services. This project required that I collaborate directly with the end clients to ensure that any proposed solutions satisfied business requirements as well as a modular / flexible solution that is scalable, efficient and supportable. From December 2010 to February 2011 (3 months) Infrastructure Team Leader @ At CMC I was managing the Wintel infrastructure team, defined corporate standards and strategy for Windows based systems (Servers, AD, DFS, SCCM, 2008 Cluster environments, DHCP etc…), managing server hardware (HP Blades and Dell poweredge server), and provided senior guidence to the opperational support teams. My remit also included implementation and ongoing management and support of CMC's Virtual Infrastructure Platform running on VMware technology, and I was pivitol in revamping CMC’s initial sporadic implementaions into a unified structured architechture, reducing the number of ESX hosts, Improving efficiencies, setting standards, user acceptance and much more. From February 2009 to January 2011 (2 years) Sr. Data Services Consultant @ From October 2005 to January 2009 (3 years 4 months) Senior Engineer @ From November 2003 to July 2005 (1 year 9 months) Cyprus
Tony Koumbas is skilled in: Data Center, VMware, Virtualization, VMware ESX, Active Directory, Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Exchange, Servers, VMware Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, SCCM, Cluster, DHCP, vSphere
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension