As the Director of Human Resources and member of the Senior Management team, I provide visionary leadership and strategic direction for all HR initiatives and operations, planning, budgeting and ROI. I have lead the development and implementation of human resource policies, programs and practices for four affiliated companies including: employee relations, compensation, training and development, organizational development,
As the Director of Human Resources and member of the Senior Management team, I provide visionary leadership and strategic direction for all HR initiatives and operations, planning, budgeting and ROI. I have lead the development and implementation of human resource policies, programs and practices for four affiliated companies including: employee relations, compensation, training and development, organizational development, diversity and inclusion initiatives, ADP Comprehensive services implementation and benefits administration. I provide executive coaching to the CEO and COO as well as all senior level management to ensure consistent and sound HRM adherence to internal policies, as well as local, state, and federal regulations. I have a consultative and strategic business partnership approach to the business. Negotiated and strategized as a business partner with brokers to ensure smooth benefit, renewals and execution. Evaluate headcount reports and metrics in relation to departmental goals; assist management in developing action plans to address gaps. With over 18 years in Human Resources across various industries, I have directed and coordinated human resources activities that support vital business operations including philosophy, objectives, and legal requirements. I have recommended and directed the implementation of programs and policies that create or reinforce a positive organizational culture. I have a consultative and strategic business partnership approach to the business.
Specialties: HR Strategy, Leadership Development Programs, Mergers & Acquisitions, Talent Acquisition, Regulatory Compliance, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Succession Planning, HR Policy Development, Benefits and Compensation, 401k, HRIS and Payroll Implementation.
Director of Human Resources @ Successful, multi-talented Human Resources Director reporting Directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer with close to 100 employees nationwide, 6 direct reports. In addition to my previous experience, I have:
• Developed and managed Human Resources process, practices and policies on a National level to support the overall business strategy across companies.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
• Provide executive coaching to leadership that impacts the overall business strategy of the organization.
• Built business partnerships with brokers in order to develop cohesive benefit strategies that enhance employee engagement. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) HR Director America Region @ SML is a global apparel branding and packaging group of companies serving an international clientele consisting of top fashion brands and some of the largest retailers in the world. Our wide range of high quality products include woven and printed fabric labels, RFID and EAS labels, heat transfers, printed paper products, variable data tags and labels, packaging, specialty trims, etc. With presence in over 30 countries, we are committed to effectively and efficiently serving the worldwide needs of our clients and exceeding their expectations in quality, price, service and speed.
As the HR Director at SML (USA) Inc, I managed the HR function across the Americas Region (USA & Central /South America). This consisted of supporting a growth of the company thru Acquisitions, Talent Acquisition strategies, Talent & Performance Management, Change Management while maintaining company culture, Organizational & Development, Policy & Procedure Development, Employee Relations, Vendor Relations, Benefits and Payroll. From July 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 9 months) Greater New York City AreaHR Manager @ [Duane Reade is the fastest growing drug store chain in NYC with over 258 retail stores and approximately 7,000 employees and is a member of the Walgreens family of companies.]
Work collaboratively with Corporate, Field, and Pharmacy Management teams to identify, update, and implement HR strategies to support business operations. Support corporate vision by providing expertise in leadership and organizational development, talent acquisition, employee relations, and succession planning. Manage full life recruiting for Duane Reade, focusing on exempt, nonexempt, and intern positions. Supervise team of 4 trainers, 2 recruiters, and a receptionist. Participate in developing and managing HR programs, procedures, and guidelines to align workforce with strategic goals of company. From January 2009 to June 2012 (3 years 6 months) Greater New York City AreaTraining & Development Manager @ Responsible for managing a team or three trainers and two support staff. In addition I conduct needs assessments, design, implementation and measurement of learning solutions to meet business needs at Duane Reade. Lead, manage and create training initiatives for Leadership within all business units (corporate and field). Develop and coach staff to create and facilitate curriculum that engages adult learners. Maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to create cost-effective training processes that align with business and financial goals and initiatives. From January 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 10 months) Greater New York City AreaAlumni & Special Events Director @ Handled Alumni Relations and Special Events. From August 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 5 months) HR Business Support Manager/ Organizational Development @ Provided comprehensive HR guidance and consultative leadership to senior management on developing strategic and operational HR plans to support multiple business areas for 2 business units with approximately 400 employees, including employee relations, employment law, recruitment and retention, performance management, base compensation and benefits, and diversity and other training. Managed recruitment strategy by developing innovative hiring strategies at the international level. Coached managers on HR policies, conflict resolution, and resolving employee disputes. From October 2000 to June 2006 (5 years 9 months) Greater New York City AreaNational Technical Trainer @ Built company’s Training Department and managed regional training operations for various Kaplan hubs nationwide on proprietary software and Microsoft Office training. Performed needs analysis, evaluated training software, and managed outside vendors. Provided ROI training and managed follow-up sessions.
• Provided training courses on proprietary software and Microsoft products.
• Created training documentation consisting of Quick Reference Guides, Participants Guides, and Leaders Guides for various technical training classes.
• Composed training proposal for Wide Area Network (WAN) implementation to 152 Kaplan Centers nationwide and project managed rollout of training strategy. From May 1999 to October 2000 (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaLearning Specialist @ • Designed and delivered Technical Training classes within ServiCenter divisions increasing employee performance by 50% when processing complex transactions.
• Implemented marketing strategy for CBT Learning Lab, maintained materials and managed schedule for Windows 95 programs which provided employees the opportunity to enhance skills.
• Developed and maintained relationships with client groups.
• Supported conversions and handled conversion issues while managing multiple projects for senior management.
• Worked with displaced managers on job search techniques.
* Trained branches and Central Control staff on Food Stamp reporting and regulations.
• Managed ATM Fraud project, which resulted in savings of over $35,000 in potential fraud in a five month period.
• Trained over 200 employees on policies, procedures, sales philosophies, and First Union branch systems.
• Investigated and authored policy and procedures for multi state branches.
• Trained branch management in various states on effective and efficient staffing methods. From 1988 to 1999 (11 years)
Ocean County College From 1986 to 1989 St. Rose High School From 1982 to 1986 Human Resources Management and Services @ Thomas Edison State College Suzanne Lazarchick, PHR is skilled in: Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, Hiring, Coaching, Vendor Management, Interviewing, Succession Planning, Vendor Relations, Team Building, Change Management, Talent Acquisition, Leadership Development, Strategic Planning