Director of Sales - Brand and Agency @ Blab, Predictive Social Intelligence
No education info found.
Vice President of Business Development, Americas @ I lead the North American Sales Team for Netvibes, managing 2 Business Development Executives and 2 Sales Engineers. My team is responsible for retaining existing Digital and PR Agency and Enterprise Clients, as well as aggressively pursuing new customers. We love helping marketers gain a full picture of their online
Vice President of Business Development, Americas @ I lead the North American Sales Team for Netvibes, managing 2 Business Development Executives and 2 Sales Engineers. My team is responsible for retaining existing Digital and PR Agency and Enterprise Clients, as well as aggressively pursuing new customers. We love helping marketers gain a full picture of their online presence!
5 ways that Netvibes dashboard intelligence helps your business:
1. Personal Corpus: Listen to your own Internet. Cut out the noise; focus on what matters.
2. MisoData: Ask questions of all your data with drag-and-drop analytics
3. PushMail: Deliver automatic, tailor-made reports to anyone--colleagues, clients, etc.
4. AutoSave: Retain the unlimited memory of your business
5. DoT: Automate your business logic with the Dashboard of Things From 2015 to Present (less than a year) San Francisco and SeattleDirector of Strategic Alliances @ I head up Strategic Alliances for Buddy Platform.We serve an important role in the Internet of Things space.
Buddy makes IoT data usable.
Buddy offers a cloud endpoint against which any connected device can stream telemetry data. In real-time, Buddy hosts that data, shapes it and then pushes it into any standard business intelligence tool in the market. Customers use Buddy to take raw data from millions of connected devices in the field, and consume that data using common BI tools From August 2014 to 2015 (1 year) SeattleDirector of Sales - Brand and Agency @ Blab's discovery engine finds non-obvious, yet contextual terms and keywords, then makes predictions on which conversations will increase over the next 24, 48, even 72 hours. Blab understands conversations across the entire social canvas; across text, videos and images, in all languages.
• Responsible for all Brand and Agency Sales
• Led team to first sales wins, including MSFT, P&G, General Mills, Starcom, and Nike
• Closed revenue producing partnership channels with major digital agencies Mindshare, MRY, Razorfish, and M80
• Built and managed Inside Sales team
• Developed lead generation plan, sales materials, and demos
• Sold primarily to CXO, VP, and Director level customers
• #1 revenue producer From February 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 7 months) SeattleSales Director @ Shoutlet provides enterprise social marketing software for companies to engage consumers online and monetize their social media communication. It includes Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube management, Social CRM, a contest platform, HTML5 web app building, social commerce, and real-time analytics in one easy-to-use interface. The platform gives brands and agencies the tools to create, manage, and measure their entire social media communications. From 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Greater Seattle AreaVice President of Sales and Business Development - Co-founder @ Prosodic is a social media predictive analytics and content intelligence platform for large brands, agencies and publishers. Working with leading brands, Prosodic’s software solution provides actionable analytics and content intelligence in real time.
• Identified and closed customer #1
• Closed $100K+ pilot project with major cable network
• Developed beta program, pilot programs, sales materials
• Built revenue models
• Developed sales plan
• Grew pipeline of top agency, publisher, and brand opportunities From January 2011 to October 2011 (10 months) Greater Seattle AreaConsultant @ Sales consultant specializing in jump starting early stage software companies.
Valuevine ● Social media service that helps retailers perform highly targeted marketing campaigns via Twitter and other social media outlets such as Facebook, Linkedin, and Myspace.
• Created enterprise sales framework for direct retail and franchisor programs.
• Cold called and conducted sales presentations.
• Harvested over 10 enterprise-level tier 1 retail and franchisor leads in the first 30 days.
RescueTime ● RescueTime is a web-based time management and analytics tool for knowledge workers who want to be more efficient and productive.
• Launched Managed Services Provider reseller program for this Web 2.0 product.
• Established enterprise sales framework.
• Promoted corporate unity with regard to sales goals, helping employees and management work collaboratively towards financial milestones.
Trada ● Trada has changed the paid search game by assembling hundreds of the best PPC experts throughout the world who generate low-cost clicks and conversions for advertisers.
• Helped inaugural sales team build infrastructure from ground up.
• Provided customer feedback to product and engineering teams. From January 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 10 months) Director of Sales @ Interactive touch screen content distribution software (SaaS).
Pioneered Intava’s worldwide focused sales plan. Developed pipeline management and reporting system. Created tactical list of target customers by vertical, assembled in order of strategic importance. Recommended shift from sole reliance on a product that addressed a relatively small market to a much broader product, enabling the company to tap into a $1 Billion global market.
Demonstrated Corporate Sales Growth:
● Boosted sales by 1,250% in 1st year.
● Generated 90% of company revenue during 5 year tenure.
● Selected to manage $8 million key account while pursuing new targets.
● Outperformed monthly sales quota, consistently averaging 125% of plan.
Innovative Sales Management Leadership:
● Launched, recruited, managed, and trained national sales force, increasing team size by 500%.
● Propelled company to profitability within 6 months of hire date.
● Chosen to spearhead international expansion plans, led efforts while living in London for 2 months.
● Directed major account, inside sales and business development managers while carrying own quota.
● Focused efforts on Fortune 1000 corporations, including Sprint, Best Buy, Cellular South and more. From 2004 to 2009 (5 years) Sales Director @ (Now Nokia) World’s largest archive of encoded digital media
Selected as a key member of a corporate turnaround effort. Collaborated with CEO and other VP level executives to define new product offerings. Revitalized concentrated sales into the online digital music retailer space. Furthered corporate cost-cutting initiatives by providing comments on product strategy, resulting in a course change and progress towards profitability.
Demonstrated Sales Growth
● Consistently exceeded 100% of revenue goals.
● Designated to lead Pan-European partnership with British Telecom.
● Drove complex platform sales in the $50-$500K range, selling at the CXO level.
Innovative Sales Management Leadership:
● Reassessed product focus to maximize rapid revenue generation, resulting in increased sales.
● Formulated innovative program to sell full-song digital music downloads to online retailers.
● Engineered JV with the Head of Music, BT, planning to create a massive mobile music download site.
. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Sr. Director of Business Development @ End to end Internet web infrastructure and monitoring provider.
Senior Director of Business Development
Recruited to illuminate the Appliant business development and partnership programs by leveraging proven industry success and contacts. Pursued an industry triumvirate partnership that would create a panacea for online retailers. The three pillars included deep web user behavior analysis, web server- based Internet performance analysis, and finally, Internet performance metrics from the end user perspective. Managed a business development manager who assisted with smaller, single company partnerships.
Demonstrated Business Development Growth:
● Enlisted to devise and launch Appliant’s inaugural strategic industry partner program
● Assembled best of breed industry partnerships to propel company growth
● Identified and fostered a potential acquirer for company.
Innovative Business Development Leadership:
● Commenced industry first consortium proposal that brought together the three leaders in the space.
● Mentored, trained, and assisted sales staff with sales and trade events. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Regional Sales Manager @ Internet web performance monitoring and measurement service.
Regional Sales Manager
Selected to fill the first sales position of this 12 person startup. Immediately closed large enterprise deals which jump started the company and set the course for success. Cold called, qualified, performed online demonstrations and conducted in-person meetings. Widely recognized as an efficient sales-trip planner, meeting with as many as 5 customers a day in a single city. Trained sales engineers and new sales people.
Demonstrated Sales Growth:
● #1 all time Regional Sales Manager.
● 208% of first year quota.
● Personally closed over 80% of total company revenue before acquisition.
● Closed $1.4m in sales out of $1.8m total year one sales.
● Service Metrics was acquired by Exodus Communications in December of 1999 for $280m. From 1998 to 2001 (3 years) Regional Sales Manager @ Website visitor behavior and analysis software.
Regional Sales Manager
Spearheaded initial company sales at this 4 person startup. Duties included responding to dozens of daily inbound leads while placing targeted outbound calls. Promoted from inside sales to Regional Sales Manager within 6 months of hire date. Presented and demonstrated the product to large audiences, including trade show attendees. Mentored new sales staff.
Demonstrated Sales Growth:
● Generated 100% of revenue stemming from sales contest, creating a 250% lift in company revenue.
● Surpassed sales goals by closing record-breaking deals with Fortune 500 companies.
● Conducted onsite customer sales presentations and log analysis demonstrations.
● Marketwave was acquired by Accrue Software in 1999 for $80m. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years)
Steve Sanders is skilled in: Managing Complex Sales, Social Entrepreneurship, Social Marketing, Managing Agency..., Startup Development, Business Planning, Analytics, Direct Sales, Enterprise Software, Executive Management, International Sales, Entrepreneurship, Lead Generation, Leadership, Management, Marketing Strategy, Product Development, Product Management, Program Management, SaaS, Sales, Sales Process, Selling, Salesforce.com, Strategic Partnerships, Online Advertising, Telecommunications, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension