VP Business Development, IR & Operations @ Founded by UCLA and Northeastern University faculty to develop and commercialize novel therapeutics, Immix has developed two first-in-class candidates aimed at improving chemotherapy resistance and potentiating immuno-oncology therapies. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Chairman, Co-Founder/Partner @ H4Y facilitates partnerships to advance medical research through software technology -- partnering
VP Business Development, IR & Operations @ Founded by UCLA and Northeastern University faculty to develop and commercialize novel therapeutics, Immix has developed two first-in-class candidates aimed at improving chemotherapy resistance and potentiating immuno-oncology therapies. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Chairman, Co-Founder/Partner @ H4Y facilitates partnerships to advance medical research through software technology -- partnering with physicians, academic researchers, life science firms, CROs/PROs, EMRs and more. For information on our efforts: http://h4ycorp.com
Advisors include: Dr. Saeed Sadeghi [Practicing Oncologist, Investigator, Asst. Professor (Oncology), UCLA], Kevin Lustig, PhD (CEO of Assay Depot), Eskander Matta (Former VP, BlueShield of CA), Ryan Bethencourt (Venture Partner at Indie.Bio and 10+ year CRO veteran), Ricky Yean (CEO/co-founder, Crowdbooster), Brad Yasar (angel investor and business strategist), Sasha Kusel (Interim CFO and financial advisor for over 25 years at venture-backed companies. Of those companies, four have gone IPO, five have been acquired, and many are still growing.) From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Director of Product & Client Success @ With the team, drove the company to having product-fit for Caredox's Medical Center validated by retained active usage, reference clients, and rapid growth in sales and started defining, tracking and optimizing our client development cycle from on-boarding (configurations, training and integrations) through retained usage/referring. In lieu of this success, we also closed our next, significant financing.
About the co:
Caredox is a care coordination platform helping parents and schools improve the health of children nationwide.
Clients/Users include: Seton Hall Preparatory School (NJ), Vail School District (AZ), Baltimore City Public Schools (MD), Minnetonka Public Schools (MN), Howard-Suamico Public Schools (WI) and many more.
Financiers include: CRV, First Round Capital, Giza Ventures, Band of Angels and more. Advisors include the former CEO of AOL (Jon Miller), Karthic Bala (President of Precision Health Data Institute / sub-division of Everyday Health), Dr. Joe Hairston (former Superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools), Saum Sutaria, M.D. (Sr Dir @ McKinsey & Co). From October 2014 to July 2015 (10 months) Founding CEO @ H4Y facilitates partnerships to advance medical research through software technology -- partnering with physicians, academic researchers, life science firms, CROs/PROs, EMRs and more. For information on our efforts: http://h4ycorp.com
Advisors include: Dr. Saeed Sadeghi [Practicing Oncologist, Investigator, Asst. Professor (Oncology), UCLA], Kevin Lustig, PhD (CEO of Assay Depot), Eskander Matta (Former VP, BlueShield of CA), Ryan Bethencourt (Venture Partner at Indie.Bio and 10+ year CRO veteran), Ricky Yean (CEO/co-founder, Crowdbooster), Brad Yasar (angel investor and business strategist), Sasha Kusel (Interim CFO and financial advisor for over 25 years at venture-backed companies. Of those companies, four have gone IPO, five have been acquired, and many are still growing.)
My Role: Raised financing, built team, went through a few sales cycles, built key partnerships, managed product dev From March 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 7 months) Consultant @ Business Strategy Consulting for Small / New Businesses
Meaningful Use Consulting
- successfully attesting YOY healthcare providers
Web / Software Consulting
• from concept to completion, launched a website for a fantastic urgent care clinic that gets 7.8 to 23 percent conversion rates month-over-month. The variance depends on which attribute of the site you're analyzing. These numbers have not been normalized for our target market.
• kicked off the foundational spec for a pediatric education app
• from concept to completion, designed and built a novel tool to help L1/L2 support personnel and product teams more efficiently translate customer feedback into new developments (I drew it up and wrote the specification; Viktor built the beauty) From January 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 9 months) Member, Consumer Empowerment Workgroup of the Health IT Policy Committee (HITPC) @ Selected/appointed to the CEWG. The Consumer Empowerment Workgroup (CEWG) is charged with providing recommendations on policy issues and opportunities for strengthening the ability of consumers, patients, and lay caregivers to manage health and health care for themselves or others. Examples of issues to be covered include patient generation of their health data, incorporating patient preferences into care plans, and new types/sources of patient data.
The HITPC is charged with making recommendations to the National Coordinator for Health IT on a policy framework for the development and adoption of a nationwide health information infrastructure, including standards for the exchange of patient medical information.
for more: http://www.healthit.gov/facas/health-it-policy-committee/hitpc-workgroups/consumer-empowerment From February 2013 to January 2014 (1 year) Early employee (many hats) @ Duties and Results (with the support of a fantastic team):
• Lead, Meaningful Use Liaison - increasing attestations YOY by over 1,000%
• Implementation and Account Management - onboarding and managing client experiences with our EHR for over 130 practices
• QA, post-production debugging, and escalating bugs
• Suggestion vetting and escalation
• Found beta users for new features and designs
• Managed feedback on usage from beta users
• Worked with users and our engineers to write specifications for new features
• Worked with laboratory vendors to negotiate integration contracts (some BD)
• Screened candidates and hired new employees to break what was initially a broad department (customer support) into the following roles: technical support/QA/PM responsibilities, L1/L2 support, Account Management, and Meaningful Use liaisons.
Company Results during Tenure:
* revenue: over 400% increase
* churn (customers leaving in $ value): over 90% decrease
* team size: over 300% increase
* Meaningful Use attestations: over 1,000% increase
About the co:
drchrono Inc built the first iPad EMR. The company remains the leader in the EMR market on the iPad and expanded, during my tenure, to a fully web-functional product. Their service offers a robust PM (Practice Management), EMR (Medical Records), and RCM (Revenue Cycle Management) system. The company continues to grow very quickly! (I keep up with them at least once a year.)
Financiers include: Yuri Milner, CRV, General Catalyst, Y Combinator and many other strong partners From August 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 6 months) Founder & Executive Director @ My role: spun out this nonprofit, after founding the organization as a subdivision of another nonprofit in the San Fernando Valley. At this organization, we--
• met with federally-elected representatives, where we pitched our proposed legislative solutions and advised on other proposed solutions
• composed and presented education content (i.e., PPTs, white papers and Executive Summaries) to consumers, patients, and federal representatives
• met with patients, physicians, payer representatives, private interests and academics -- where we learned about medical providers', payers', diagnostic makers', therapeutic makers', biotechnologies', laboratories', and regulatory officials' interests, workflows, and ideas
• worked with a team to design and develop a website and logo showcasing our efforts
Areas of Education / Lobby Focus: translational medicine, compassionate use access (single patient INDs and Expanded Access), clinical trials enrollment and processes, molecular-based ("precision"/"personalized") medicine, combination therapies
Innovation and Choice's mission: improve patient outcomes by reducing the diffusion/translation time of innovations in health and medical care to the Standard of Care. Initially started as a lobbying organization, Innovation and Choice's methods to accomplish this mission morphed into providing tools and a framework to empower patients and consumers to make an impact in the field. From August 2009 to March 2012 (2 years 8 months) Client Services @ My role was client ops and profit optimization, leveraging a leading indicator - while keeping the client happy for one of EnviroServ's multi-million dollar projects.
Environmental Recovery Services, Inc. (Enviroserv) was founded in 1988. The vision was to create a company that evolved on the cutting edge of environmental technology. Strategic partnerships were developed with a broad range of disposal facilities to bring the most comprehensive transportation and disposal options to an ever changing and “greener” California landscape. Through these partnerships Enviroserv introduced new treatment, recycle and reuse disposal options and set new industry standards for the environmental management industry.
Today, Enviroserv employs over 85 people in two facilities (southern and northern California) and services over 3,000 customers in the western United States.
Enviroserv services customers in California, Arizona, Washington and Oregon. Our corporate office and receiving facility is located in Gardena and encompasses almost four acres and processes 5,000-7,000 containers every month. From June 2004 to August 2009 (5 years 3 months) Sales, Product and Operational Management @ During the bootstrapping and hustling days of the company, helped in capacities ranging from distribution to sales to product development and content creation.
About the Co:
Currently Celebrity High is the #1 public school magazine distributed directly on school grounds in the L.A. market. Celebrity High is the first magazine written by teens for teens fused with unique distribution focused solely around our audience. Students of all ethnic backgrounds support and read the magazine for sports, academics, fashion, entertainment, and community. The focal point of the magazine is positive achievement amongst teens. In every issue Celebrity High delivers exclusive interviews on celebrities interviewed by teens.
Celebrity High has featured such artist as Twista, Ne-yo, Nick Cannon, Terrell Owens, Mariah Carey, Owl City, Asher Roth, Plain White T's, All American Rejects, Busta Rhymes,Jo Jo, Lumidee, Lil Romeo, Rev Runs Angela and Vanessa Simmons, Diggy Simmons, Marcus Houston, Mya, Mario, Lloyd, Bobby Valentino, Making the Band 4, J Holiday, ABDC Super Crew, Keyshia Cole, Danity Kane, Justin Bieber, Matt Lanter, One Republic, Mindless Behavior, OMG Girls, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and many more including President Barack Obama etc… From June 2008 to October 2008 (5 months) Sales & Client Success Ops @ • Represented RWP at business expos, showcasing the company’s value offer to prospects and sourcing leads for closing
• Assisted in shoots, editing/production and managing client experiences
About the Co:
An award-winning director and producer, Randy Witt has been inspiring audiences with the art of video since 1992, on television, at civic events and award shows, in corporate America, and on the internet.
Clients have included: Fortune 100 co's (e.g., The Walt Disney Company), large real estate development firms (e.g., Caruso Affiliated, Douglas Emmett), the largest landscaping co in the nation (ValleyCrest Landscaping), health systems (e.g., Olive View Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills, Valley Presbyterian Hospital), top education institutions (e.g., the American Jewish University) and many more. From June 2004 to August 2008 (4 years 3 months)
BA, Business Economics; Minor in Biological Sciences @ University of California, IrvineReal Estate Development @ University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business Ryan Witt is skilled in: Healthcare, Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Healthcare Information Technology, Lifesciences, Nonprofits, Health Policy, Customer Service, EHR, Quality Assurance, Sales, Organizational Culture, Strategic Partnerships, Customer Experience
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension