As an entrepreneur Randy has partnered in a pool service and supply company, helped build a virtual trade show business and launched a strategic sales consulting firm. He has a long family history of successful innovation and entrepreneurship – including a great, great grandfather who built a nationally recognized food ingredient company from a small local Washington,
As an entrepreneur Randy has partnered in a pool service and supply company, helped build a virtual trade show business and launched a strategic sales consulting firm. He has a long family history of successful innovation and entrepreneurship – including a great, great grandfather who built a nationally recognized food ingredient company from a small local Washington, D.C. bakery.
Randy has pursued his passion for general aviation where he has accumulated more than 1,500 flight hours, earned instrument flight privileges and logged one trans-Atlantic flight on the Concorde. He bridges his years of piloting experience with his entrepreneurial background to present, consult and speak to organizations about "Leadership Lessons from the Cockpit."
He currently works with businesses ranging from 10 to 250 employees and $2 to $50 million in revenue to help their leadership teams achieve their vision, gain more traction and become a stronger, healthier and cohesive organization.
• Executive Consultant: "Leadership Lessons from the Cockpit"
• Certified EOS Implementer (Entrepreneurial Operating System®)
• Aviation Experience to Help Navigate Corporate Leadership
• Clarity & Alignment of Corporate Vision
• Change Management & Turnaround Strategies
• Business Development & Strategic Selling Systems
Randy is a nationally recognized business and market innovator that brings a record of sustained achievement leading high-impact client engagement programs, expanding domestic and international markets, aligning production processes with customer expectations and building unrivaled customer loyalty.
His international portfolio includes twelve years experience in the pharmaceutical industry serving a range of world-class companies like Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Novartis.
Chief Navigation Officer @ BlueCore Leadership's mission is to help growing entrepreneurial companies take full command of their business. We do this by implementing a full cycle operating system that helps leadership teams achieve a clearer vision, increase traction and build more discipline, accountability and structure into their business. The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) is a complete, proven system that integrates all the moving parts of a business and focuses all energy and resources toward one meaningful direction. Clarity replaces chaos, simplicity replaces complexity, everything becomes more controlled, profit and cash flow improve, and the organization advances as a cohesive team that gains tremendous traction for success. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Certified Speaker @ Leadership Lessons from the Cockpit:
As a seasoned pilot, entrepreneur and business leader, Randy has learned many lessons in the cockpit that lead to effective business leadership. In this workshop, he provides compelling analogies between flying and leading organizations to success. He introduces the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)TM with a powerful set of tools to help leaders gain clarity, align around their vision and stay on course.
Participants in this workshops will:
• Understand the six key components to building a truly great organization
• Roll up their sleeves and confront issues head-on
• Learn how to get everyone focused on achieving a clear company vision
• Begin to instill discipline and accountability throughout the entire organization From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Principal @ Independent Business Development Consultant focused on process enhancement for professional service companies. Services include development of Unique Value Proposition (UVP), building repeatable sales processes and implementation of best practice sales workflow methodology. From September 2010 to July 2012 (1 year 11 months) VP Sales & Marketing @ Responsible for leadership of sales and marketing staff in support of annual trade shows, annual conferences and other specialty events. Responsible for overseeing trade show sales, marketing and operations. Developed and implemented annual marketing and sales plans. Negotiated and managed contracts with vendors and co-location partners. Close collaboration with CEO, Board of Directors and Executive Committee. From March 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 6 months) Founder @ Provided consulting services to help companies streamline sales and marketing activities and develop custom processes to achieve exponential growth. From May 2002 to March 2008 (5 years 11 months) Regional Sales Director @ Hired to build struggling DC sales territory on a part time bases. Increased aircraft sales by 25% within two years. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Vice President, Business Development @ Recruited to this well capitalized start-up firm to lead the selling and business development activities and quickly achieve established milestones. Brought key “anchor” accounts on-board and established crucial industry partnerships to exceed revenue expectations. Established new and innovative eBusiness and advertising products to assure continued growth within difficult market conditions. Partnered with industry leading Trade Association to provide value to Association members and to share revenues. From May 2000 to March 2002 (1 year 11 months) Director of Sales & Marketing @ Promoted to this highly visible position within an established $500 million multinational manufacturing corporation, to rapidly expand into new markets and meet ambitious revenue goals. Built department and managed team of 22 professionals to focus on high return market segments. Reorganized marketing department, leading to rapid access to these new markets. Developed annual sales plan, managed department budget and accountable for P&L results. Directed distribution network of rep organizations and affiliates, both domestic and international. From August 1988 to May 2000 (11 years 10 months)
BSBA, Finance @ University of DelawareMBA, Management @ Rider UniversityHigh School @ Taipei American School Randy Taussig is skilled in: Marketing Strategy, Consultative Selling, Direct Sales, Sales Process, Leadership, Change Management, Business Development, Association Management, Start-ups, Business Planning, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Market Planning, Trade Shows, Executive Coaching