I work to increase efficiencies of all maintenance processes and promote equipment reliability for the entire plant. My main focus has been around leading the entire maintenance team to optimize maintenance processes to ensure quality reliability data is captured and analyzed along with utilizing SAP to remove barriers for the team (such as scheduling, storeroom workflows, procurement
I work to increase efficiencies of all maintenance processes and promote equipment reliability for the entire plant. My main focus has been around leading the entire maintenance team to optimize maintenance processes to ensure quality reliability data is captured and analyzed along with utilizing SAP to remove barriers for the team (such as scheduling, storeroom workflows, procurement workflows, etc.). Those processes are developed and optimized using Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance. I aggressively promote safety in everything I do which also promotes a risk based culture in how we approach maintenance. I also work with the engineering and production teams with equipment selection, modifications, root cause analysis, and drive/develop key reliability based projects to solve bad actors.
Sr. Mechanical Reliability Engineer @ From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Houston, Texas AreaMaintenance Reliability Engineer II @ • Implemented SAP (Plant, Property, and Equipment) processes in maintenance departments across five business units as the Change Communication and Education Lead, User Acceptance Testing Lead, end user trainer, and Business Simulation Lead
• Served as the interface between maintenance and operations and worked with cost center owners by providing information to help them make better business decisions
• Managed and improved PdM, PM, QPM, and lubrication programs
• Managed and improved storeroom processes such as kitting, receiving, refurbishment, storage, and material master data
• Managed and improved planning processes such as BOM’s, maintenance plans/strategies, task lists, and routes
• Implemented Cargill’s Mechanical Integrity program with the process engineer and integrated with the site’s PSM program
• Developed reports in SAP that deliver metrics such as asset health, costs of asset ownership, storeroom turns, etc.
• Directly supervised the planner, storeroom lead, lubrication technician, and vibration technician; indirectly supervised 7 crafts
• Increased wrench time by 30% by instituting disciplines at the work execution level
• Measured QPM and PM effectiveness based on follow-up work and repeatability and reproducibility studies; adjusted job plans and frequencies accordingly
• Conducted cause maps with both operations and maintenance teams
• Led FMEA's for large capital projects
• Facilitated safety meetings
• Worked with project engineers to develop commitments and make equipment/component recommendations
• Actively participates in turnaround planning and budgeting From January 2013 to February 2015 (2 years 2 months) Sioux City, Iowa AreaProduction Supervisor I @ • Responsible for managing production and expense budgets.
• Designed and executed projects to increase production capacity, increase maintenance reliability, and increase energy efficiency.
• Operated and maintained key environmental regulatory equipment within a title V facility.
• Troubleshot production issues which varied from making immediate decisions to making long-term solutions.
• Asset owner facility's dry processing equipment, about $7 million present value.
• Led and developed 8 operators responsible for all dry-salt processing equipment; developed leadership skills.
• Developed operators to optimize their performance.
• Developed from people who work in other areas in the plant such as: QM, buying, accounting, and upper plant management.
• Assessed risk associated with equipment failure, personal safety, food safety, and quality.
Responsible for training end-users in the PLTP process area.
Troubleshot issues with SAP functionality with the local processes during hypercare.
Refined communication skills from giving presentations.
Composed job aids now used for training purposes for specific tasks within SAP. From July 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 7 months) Project Engineer @ Helped to develop a program to test the critical control devices in the gas boiler.
Trained in Maximo to enter work orders and to look up vendor, asset, inventory, and project information. From June 2010 to July 2010 (2 months) Production Engineering Intern @ Interned at a vegitable oil refinery.
Researched and networked with experts outside of Cargill to compile information to properly
maintain, diagnose, improve efficiency, and worked with Cargill management to downsize the hydrogen plant.
I compiled a binder with diagnosis information, recommended maintenance schedule, and a quick reference.
Led a safety program for a plant shutdown which resulted in zero accidents.
Learned the importance of safety and the importance of high employee engagement.
Learned how to prioritize projects to be a more productive production engineering intern. From May 2009 to August 2009 (4 months) Production Engineering Intern @ Interned at a soybean crush plant.
Optimized the flaking mill aspiration system by redesigning the duct without increasing the
fan size. Resulted in increased air flow and thinner flakes for max oil extraction.
Designed an aspiration system for belt conveyers in the headhouse.
Learned how to manage projects with day-to-day issues. From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months)
Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering @ Purdue University From 2007 to 2010 Paul McCain is skilled in: SAP, Training, Energy, Process Improvement, Engineering, Budgets, Testing, Leadership, Project Management, Project Planning, SAP trainer, SAP expert in PLTP operations, Budget Management, SAP PM Module, Reliability Centered Maintenance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension