Senior Software Engineer @ Hotel Ninjas (Booking.com)
Application Developer Manager @ Citigroup Chile
General Certificate of Education Advanced Level, Math, Computer Studies @
David Game Tutorial College, London, England
A highly experienced and results-focused Software Engineer, with an extensive background in Java programming. Specialises in delivering cost effective, secure and user-friendly solutions using Agile methodologies. Confident leading the full system development life cycle, from requirements definition through design, coding, testing and support. Communicates effectively at all levels of business, breaking technical jargon into concise English in
A highly experienced and results-focused Software Engineer, with an extensive background in Java programming. Specialises in delivering cost effective, secure and user-friendly solutions using Agile methodologies. Confident leading the full system development life cycle, from requirements definition through design, coding, testing and support. Communicates effectively at all levels of business, breaking technical jargon into concise English in order to engage stakeholders and business teams. Consistently delivers complex projects within demanding time and cost constraints, demonstrating excellent problem solving and decision making skills. Combines technical and commercial acumen with a comprehensive understanding of web applications, database design and search engine optimisation. Considered to be a user-oriented and knowledgeable professional.
Senior Software Engineer @ Currently working on the third party integrations team, creating a new micro-services architecture based on Spring Cloud and Netflix OSS. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Barcelona Area, SpainSenior Software Engineer @ Participating in the construction of a Hotel Property Management System in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team. More than 12 nationalities distributed through Barcelona, Seattle, Amsterdam and Palo Alto.
System Owner and Backend Developer for the Folio and Adaptor Gateway Systems in a microservices architecture communicating through REST API. Responsible for design, developing, unit testing, deploying and documenting the systems. Both systems were built from scratch focusing on extensibility and performance.
Collaborating in sprint planning, estimation, sprint reviews and retrospectives. From July 2014 to March 2015 (9 months) Barcelona Area, SpainApplication Developer Manager @ • Leading software development projects across the Latin America region
• Analysing functional requirement documentation and generating technical design documents
• Estimating using function points for L0 and planning poker throughout the project implementation
• Facilitating daily SCRUM meetings to resolve problems and drive progress
• Delivering status updates to all stakeholders
• Payments printing service: delivering scalability and security mechanisms for client systems, in a system
that generates cheque printing instructions from payment details
• Mobile wallet: developing an application to store searchable regional data for the processing of money
transfers for mobile devices
• Transaction Initiation: developing a front-end operation users application for initiating customer payments From January 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 6 months) Applications Development Manager @ • Successfully maintaining in-house applications
• Leading the design, development and testing of bespoke applications in line with user specifications
• Providing guidance during the requirement definition phase
• Collaborating with users to plan scheduled releases based on a Request for Change priorities
• Developing positive professional relationships with vendors of packaged applications From April 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 10 months) Software Developer Consultant @ • Providing strong leadership and direction to the Distributed Systems CEM team
• Writing software requirement and design documentation, based on agreed business requirements
• Leading development and testing activities
• iTrig: Facilitating the monitoring of changes in consumer financial status by developing a front-end
application to configure, install and maintain the Triggers Automation Mainframe application
• FileOne phones: Enhancing the performance of the MetroNet FileOne phone search through
• Augmented address: Adding a new data source to the CEM application and automatically verifying
• Washington State phone suppression: Meeting regulatory requirements by modifying the CEM
application to suppress Washington State cell phones From May 2007 to May 2011 (4 years 1 month) Senior Project Leader @ Project leader for the New York Treasury, designing and developing systems destined for the New York and London Citigroup treasuries.
• Resolutions: Developing a system to create and maintain agreement documentation, enabling
generation of PDF documents and handling multiple versions, signatures and change tracking
• DRAMS: Developing a new debt reporting and analysis management system to query and maintain
• Long Term Sources and Uses: Migrating legacy reporting systems to a web platform, enabling
calculation of monthly forecast deal and transaction levels for New York Treasury From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Co-Founder and CTO @ Responsible for defining the product business requirements, technical design and construction.
• TodoMercado.com -Online ecommerce mall with private and commerce product listings, optimized for Search Engines.
• E-Shop - An e-commerce shopping cart solution which integrates to TodoMercado.com.
• Prepay - Virtual Line, Sixbell S.A.: Web application for the administration and control of mobile telephone systems From 2002 to June 2004 (2 years) Senior Software Engineer @ Leading the development of home banking systems for BCI Bank.
• Online Payment Button for the e-commerce
• Graphical make over of the banks enterprises web site.
• Participated in the design and development of the banks online consolidated statement.
• Maintenance of various products From September 2000 to 2002 (2 years) System Analyst @ Development of prototype and documentation for the migration of the client server platform to a web platform.
Part of the Jaguar CTS technical evaluation teem. The goal of the evaluation is to determine the feasibility of the transactional component engine as a platform for web applications. From 1999 to September 2000 (1 year) Software Developer @ Maintained in house developed shipping tracking applications as per user requirements. From 1990 to 1993 (3 years)
Ingeniero Civil en Informática, Computer Engineering @ Universidad de Santiago de Chile From 1994 to 2000 General Certificate of Education Advanced Level, Math, Computer Studies @ David Game Tutorial College, London, England From 1987 to 1990 General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level, Maths, Physics, Computer Studies, Spanish, Technical Drawing @ Holland Park School, London, England From 1986 to 1988 Bishop Gore School, Swansea, Wales From 1979 to 1985 Oreste Luci is skilled in: Microservices, Software Development, Java, REST, Git, AngularJS, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Object Oriented Design, Scrum, Solr, ElasticSearch, ITIL, Heroku
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension