Covered California Certified Enrollment Counselor @ Berkeley Free Clinic
Research Intern at Asian American Research Center on Health (ARCH) @
Recent UC Berkeley graduate with a passion for clinical and translational research, for emergency medicine, for seeking solutions to improve health care quality and access with particular emphasis on vulnerable populations, and for addressing the social determinants of health in order to reduce health disparities. Seeking an internship or job opportunity in research or in the health
Recent UC Berkeley graduate with a passion for clinical and translational research, for emergency medicine, for seeking solutions to improve health care quality and access with particular emphasis on vulnerable populations, and for addressing the social determinants of health in order to reduce health disparities. Seeking an internship or job opportunity in research or in the health field that will allow me to gain experience and network with professionals in that area of expertise.
Emergency Department Scribe @ - Accompany ED Physician into patient exam room and transcribe patient history, physical exam, lab and radiological results as dictated by the ED provider.
-Facilitate acquisition of diagnostic test results from ancillary departments. Compile results for provider review and action. Record Test results on medical record.
- Record in real time the actions (physical exam and procedures) and words of the physician. Typical procedures documented include suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, lumbar punctures, reducing dislocations, intubations and central line placement. Obtain provider's ED signature on every chart. Record the discussions with medical consultants and between the ED provider and patients' family members.
- Continually check the status of pending studies in order to decrease patients wait time and increase efficiency of the department.
- Record discharge and aftercare instructions into the medical record. Ensure complete and legible documentation of the patient encounter, which may include triage and nursing documentation for completeness.
- Perform other duties as requested. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Covered California Certified Enrollment Counselor @ - Serving as a health insurance navigator for upcoming Covered California open enrollment period to provide free and subsidized insurance to underserved communities.
- Using excellent communication skills to inform clients about the Affordable Care Act and provide in-person counseling and assistance to uninsured individuals in need of help with applying to health insurance through Covered California programs. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Research Intern at Asian American Research Center on Health (ARCH) @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Research Assistant @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) CHORI Research Intern @ - Research program intern through Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute. (CHORI)
- Assisted Dr. Lela Bachrach with a clinical research study on the educational benefits of student scribing for CHORI and the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical program at the Children's Hospital Oakland Claremont Teen Clinic.
- Reviewed and involved with submission of IRB research protocol to Children's Hospital Oakland IRB committee.
- Helped develop and administer qualitative surveys via Qualtrics to on average 10 to 15 patients and 15 to 20 caregivers a day before their visit to determine patient attitudes towards having a medical student as a scribe or health coach during their visit.
- Analyzed and presented findings at the 2015 CHORI Summer Research Symposium on August 14th, 2015. From June 2015 to August 2015 (3 months) Youth Martial Arts Program Coordinator @ - Developed martial arts program curriculum and instructed youth between the ages of 6 to 15 basic and intermediate techniques in self-defense, core martial art values, and self-discipline. From May 2008 to December 2011 (3 years 8 months)
Bachelor’s Degree, Public Health @ UC Berkeley Michael Sharp is skilled in: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Stata, Community Health, Prevention, Health Management, Health Policy, Research, Data Analysis, Statistics, Teamwork, NMR, IR spectroscopy, Gas Chromatography
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension