Providing more than fifteen years of System and Network Design and Administration with a strong background in network and system security and systems programming, Mr. Rosenberg has experience with many UNIX platforms, MS Windows (server and desktop), Cisco, Citrix, Extreme Networks, Juniper and other network routers and switches, secure data distribution via the Internet, and LAN design
Providing more than fifteen years of System and Network Design and Administration with a strong background in network and system security and systems programming, Mr. Rosenberg has experience with many UNIX platforms, MS Windows (server and desktop), Cisco, Citrix, Extreme Networks, Juniper and other network routers and switches, secure data distribution via the Internet, and LAN design and configuration. He possesses strong communication skills and demonstrates effective technical leadership in his work. Mr. Rosenberg also has heavy experience with high availability environments including failover clusters, load balancing, SAN storage, backup and recovery and disaster recovery techniques.
Senior Unix Systems Engineer @ From October 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAVP / Senior UNIX Systems Engineer @ • Responsible for operating system and application configuration, patching and maintenance on ~3800 servers running Solaris 8-10, AIX 5.1-6.1, and Redhat Enterprise Linux 4-5.6.
• Project lead to implement an automated cross-platform patching and deployment system in the UNIX environment
• Project management on enterprise wide patch level remediation
• Perform process reviews to improve the processes and procedures of the organization
• Perform training and provide guidance on new technology and processes for other members of the organization From June 2001 to October 2011 (10 years 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSystems Engineer @ • Technical Lead on a project to provide auto-provisioning for a web hosting environment.
• Routine administration of Apache web servers running on Solaris
• Ordering and installation of CA-signed secure certificates for web servers
• Last line of technical support for web hosting customers, by phone and email From September 2000 to January 2001 (5 months) Network Administrator @ • Systems and network administrator supporting 90,000+ websites on 300+ servers running FreeBSD
• Responsible for monitoring network and system performance and security
• Implemented several new security measures including stricter firewalls, process monitoring, and port scan detection and prevention
• Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Cisco routers and Cisco, Extreme Networks, 3Com and HP switches
• Administration of apache web servers, ncftpd ftp servers, bind DNS servers, and both sendmail and qmail SMTP servers
• Designed and implemented a secure POP-before-SMTP mail relay system
• Helped implement a customer auto-provisioning system for websites, ftp and email.
• Customer support via email From July 1998 to July 2000 (2 years 1 month)
Computer Science @ Carnegie Mellon University From 1997 to 1998 Computer Science @ Rochester Institute of Technology From 1995 to 1997 Les Rosenberg is skilled in: Unix, System Administration, Servers, Linux, Network Administration, Chef, Puppet, Disaster Recovery, Firewalls, DNS, Solaris, Windows Server, Networking, High Availability, Perl
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension