I am an IT professional passionate about people, technology and delivering products to market that solve a problem or create an opportunity. I love working in fast paced, dynamic environments with emphasis on iterative development and continuous delivery. I believe in reducing waste, increasing efficiency & ultimately decreasing time to market. This allows ideas to be tested
I am an IT professional passionate about people, technology and delivering products to market that solve a problem or create an opportunity. I love working in fast paced, dynamic environments with emphasis on iterative development and continuous delivery. I believe in reducing waste, increasing efficiency & ultimately decreasing time to market. This allows ideas to be tested and validated, and encourages innovation and creativity within Product & Engineering teams.
People are the biggest asset in any company. As a leader in the IT industry, I believe in empowering teams and ensuring they have the right tools to do their job. If I were to describe my leadership style, I would say it is akin to 'Servant Leadership', which talks about a balance between leader and servant. For anyone who hasn't already, I strongly suggest you have a read: http://www.skipprichard.com/9-qualities-of-the-servant-leader/
I love what I do and I'm at my best surrounded by smart, hard working & passionate people. When you spend more time at work than at home it's crucial you enjoy what you do and you are able to have fun with the people you work with. And I strive to do just that.
Head of Engineering @ nearmap provides high resolution aerial imagery within days of capture. With capture in Australia and the US, the Engineering team are responsible for delivering high quality, innovative product features that give businesses the ability to survey a location without being on site.
As Head of Engineering at nearmap my responsibilities include:
- Site performance, stability and up time
- Design, development, QA and release of all products & features
- Ensuring timely customer support and a world class support website
- Establishing strong relationships with all parts of the business, reporting to Executive
- Leading and managing a high performing team of Software Developers, QA, DevOps, IT Ops, Desktop Support & Technical Support From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Sydney, AustraliaTechnology Manager - Digital Technology @ Responsible for the Enablers Domain my role was to drive the delivery of the Digital roadmap and initiatives within that domain, whilst supporting all other teams within Digital Technology.
• Ownership and accountability of delivery and operations within the DevOps & Enablers teams
• Responsible for AWS infrastructure and capability within Digital
• Providing technical guidance, decision making and support for all teams within the domain
• Responsible for Digital Architecture team
• Process improvement, particularly around vendor engagement and delivery across wider IT
• Drive culture of continuous improvement for delivery and operations
• HR responsibility for a team of 25, including permanent resources & contractors From April 2014 to October 2014 (7 months) IT Director - Sydney @ At the Wotif Group I was responsible for two development teams in Sydney (Flights & Activities, Corporate) as well as the delivery of major projects such as Dynamic Packages (including Lion King & Bali packages) and the Wotif.com Accommodation Refresh project.
• Supporting rollout of Lean Agile Methodology & Continuous Delivery
• Managing small cross discipline development teams
• Project resource allocation
• Working with architecture to look at how we can move legacy applications forward
• HR responsibility for team of 20 Engineers, BAs and Testers
• Management of offsite development teams
• Executive and Board level reporting From August 2012 to April 2014 (1 year 9 months) Sydney, AustraliaProduct Director @ Promoted to Product Director at technology start-up Community Engine, I managed five product teams who were responsible for building and launching communityengine.com.au (now selz.com).
• Working with stakeholders to produce product roadmap
• Supporting rollout of Kanban, looking at how we could decrease time to market
• Being part of Executive team, reporting on progress and deliverables to Board
• Producing Lean Canvas for problems and new opportunities From February 2012 to July 2012 (6 months) Sydney, AustraliaProduct Manager @ Employed as Product Manager for the Transactions team, we were responsible for delivering all eCommerce functionality and back office support for the online community at communityengine.com.au (now branded as selz.com).
• Writing user stories, producing wireframes
• Iteration management
• Release management (weekly release schedule)
• Delivery of roadmap features, as well as continuous improvement and production support
• Ensuring agile rituals were held – daily stand ups, retro’s, planning, kick off From June 2011 to February 2012 (9 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Business Analyst @ Short term contract role.
• Producing User Interface Specifications and Wireframes for new products
• Working with Google Android operating system and applications
• Assisting User Testing and analysis From March 2011 to June 2011 (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaProduct Manager - Flights @ Promoted from Senior BA, the Product Manager role is responsible for the Flights Platform used by three of the Wotifgroup brands – www.lastminute.com.au, www.travel.com.au and www.wotflight.com. As Product Manager I was also responsible for ancillary products on all three brands (insurance, cruises, car hire, packages) and the Activities platform (godo.com.au, distributors and vertical sites). Using Agile Methodology the team was accountable for all project delivery and production support for these brands.
• Producing roadmap for Flights Platform and Activities Platform with business owners
• Achieving Flights & Activities Platform KPIs
• Working with User Experience and Innovation team to complete designs/specifications
• Working with Architecture team to determine solution for Flights Upgrade Program
• Working with external suppliers (Amadeus, Jetstar, Virgin, Affiliates)
• Project Management for Flights Upgrade Platform and Data Centre Migration
• Production Support for Flights and Activities Platform (including legacy applications)
• Prioritisation of development tasks, according to roadmap and platform KPIs
• Facilitating workshops, iteration planning sessions, kickoffs, retro’s, walkthroughs
• User Story creation
• Management of Flights software development team
• Management of two offsite software development teams
• Management and Board level reporting From October 2009 to March 2011 (1 year 6 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Business Analyst @ Senior Business Analyst for the Flights Platform. Primary responsibility was to work on the Flights Upgrade Program which was to re-engineer the flight search and book process.
• Mapping ‘as is’ process for flights and identifying gaps and issues
• Business case for Flights Upgrade Program
• BA for SEO optimisation project for travel.com.au and lastminute.com.au
• BA for Flights Affiliates project (SEM) for travel.com.au and lastminute.com.au
• Training and post release support
• Production support
• System and data analysis (SQL Databases, Omniture, legacy systems)
• Process mapping and re-engineering From May 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 6 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Business Analyst @ During this 6 month contract role, I worked within the Churn User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team for Telstra’s Transformation Programme. From November 2007 to April 2008 (6 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Business Analyst @ During my time at TalkTalk I worked as a Business Analyst on two major Programmes - the Local Loop Unbundling Programme and the Connect Programme.
The Local Loop Unbundling Programme was established to implement all network and systems changes necessary to provision TalkTalk customers via the LLU network.
The Connect Programme was established to address the operational issues that arose during the ‘free broadband’ campaign and improve the overall customer experience. This programme was made up of a number of tactical and strategic software development solutions. From May 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomBusiness Analyst @ From August 2005 to January 2006 (6 months) Sydney, AustraliaBusiness Analyst @ From December 2004 to July 2005 (8 months) Brisbane, AustraliaIT Tutor/Trainer @ From March 2004 to September 2004 (7 months) London, United KingdomProject Coordinator @ From February 2003 to February 2004 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomBusiness Analyst @ From November 2000 to January 2003 (2 years 3 months) Brisbane, Australia
Arts, Administration & Human Resource Management @ University of Tasmania From 1996 to 1998 Bachelor of Arts (BA) @ University of Tasmania Leah Rankin is skilled in: Product Management, Mobile Internet, Negotiation, Quality Assurance, Social Media, User Acceptance Testing, Stakeholder Management, E-commerce, Agile Methodologies, Leadership, Strategy, Staff Management, Agile Project Management, Software Development, Project Management, Analysis, Project Delivery, User Experience, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension