VP, Software Engineering and Architecture @ Super League Gaming
Distinguished Engineer @ Ticketmaster
Bachelor of Arts - BA @
University of California, Riverside
Proven IT project management, software development and support specialist with over 20 years of experience enhancing performance of diverse employers by aligning technical resources with organizational needs. Reputable for improving corporate profitability, efficiency, and technical infrastructures through expert development, implementation, integration, and oversight of advanced systems and applications. Experienced leader with history of successfully recruiting, training, mentoring
Proven IT project management, software development and support specialist with over 20 years of experience enhancing performance of diverse employers by aligning technical resources with organizational needs. Reputable for improving corporate profitability, efficiency, and technical infrastructures through expert development, implementation, integration, and oversight of advanced systems and applications. Experienced leader with history of successfully recruiting, training, mentoring and managing high-performance technical teams.
Specialties: Project Lifecycle Management, Business Solution Development , Software Engineering, Software Implementations, Software Architecture, Systems Analysis & Integration, Systems Integration Application & Infrastructure Development, Sales & Marketing Liaison, Change Management, Vendor Management, Performance Monitoring, System Enhancements & Upgrades, Process & Procedure Development, IT Compliance Management, Team Building & Leadership
Distinguished Engineer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaHead of Technology @ Head technology group for Mobile Advertising division. Provide leadership for software development, cloud services, and data science teams. Systems and services respond to over 13 billion requests per day and processing over 1 terabyte of data per day. Heavily leveraged AWS for EC2, EMR, ElasticCache, CloudWatch, RDS, S3, and Redshift. From April 2015 to October 2015 (7 months) VP, Software Engineering @ Lead definition, architecture, design, implementation, quality, and delivery of the Identity and Access Management, Inventory, Catalog, and Integration systems for the “Jetson” Commerce Platform. Provided leadership for 3 manager-of-manager-level and 2 architect direct reports and managed 2 offshore vendors.
• Lead engineering integration work-stream for new ticketing “Concerts” program, providing next-gen “mobile first design” commerce services for global ticketing. This includes new ticketing and commerce services for Ticketmaster, Box Office, TicketWeb, and TicketsNow.
• Continued Leadership for the Architecture, Design, and Development of the Unified Inventory and Catalog Management System for integrating with disparate internal and 3rd party inventory systems.
• Continued Leadership for Identity and Account Management Services for both the B2B Client Services and B2C Fan Services (My Account). These efforts include social login, account linking, federated single sign on across consumer and business assets, and social data collection for CRM and Marketing. Migrated from Oracle IAM solution to internal home-grown solution providing continuous integration, continuous delivery, and a more secure identity and access management solution. From June 2013 to April 2015 (1 year 11 months) Sr. Director, Software Engineering @ Lead definition, architecture, design, and implementation, where applicable, of the Java Development Platform, as part of the Live Nation Re-Architecture Program. Provide leadership for 4 management-level direct reports and manage 2 offshore vendors.
• Provided Architectural guidance for Enterprise Event Driven SOA, defining ESB, Service Discovery Service, Service Registry, Message Bus, Rules Service, and BPM services for the organization. Lead selection process for deciding on implementations for specified technologies.
• Manage the Architecture, Design, and Development team for the Consolidated System of Inventory and Catalog Management System for integrating with disparate internal and 3rd party inventory systems.
• Lead the specification and implementation of the organizations new SDLC, documenting and streamlining the process, leveraging the best of breed Agile practices.
• Defined and managed the implementation of a Development Architecture supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, using Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, RunDeck, and a custom Configuration Management solution, for the organization.
• Manage implementation team for Identity and Account Management Services, using Oracle Identity Solutions, including OAM, OIM, and OVD. Architecture includes custom bridge service for integrating with and allow lazy-migration of several existing internal identity solutions. Identity and Account solution includes integration with Facebook and Twitter.
• Manage implementation team for the Platform Services including, Logging, Monitoring, Configuration Management, Distributed Caching (Data-Grid), Distributed Session Management, Persistence, Sharding, Notifications, Auditing, Tracking, and other crosscutting framework components that need to address high-scalability and active/active Geo-Redundant deployment strategies.
• Actively evangelize the Platform to other engineering teams, for global utilization. Provide roadshows and developer guides. From January 2011 to May 2013 (2 years 5 months) Sr. Manager, Software Engineering and Development @ Serve as primary leadership force for cross-functional team of 6 management-level direct reports in solutions architecture, development, release management, and database engineering. Spearhead numerous technical projects designed to improve company operations and increase offerings to customers; coordinate efforts of systems, operations, quality assurance, and program management teams to assure timely completion. Build technical teams; recruit, coach, and deliver performance assessments. Identify and contract with 3rd-party vendors when necessary. Assure PCI and SOX compliance of all code.
• Increased company offerings by supervising design and development of high-profile projects such as Clear365 Portal, ClearMedia Service Broker, and the Rover 4G Pay-As-You-Go Platfform.
• Delivered hands-on support to architecture and development for Java-related projects including ClearMedia Content Management System and 3rd Party Ingestion Services.
• Achieved Around the World in 80 Days Award for exceptional leadership in developing and implementing Rover 4G Pay-As-You-Go Platform with significant cost savings. From January 2008 to January 2011 (3 years 1 month) Software Development Manager, Web Applications @ Directed operations of 12-person development and project management team in software development and production. Consulted with marketing department regarding engineering specifications of key products and services. Recruited, mentored, and assessed employees. Developed and coded Mac applications.
• Expanded website services by leading development of key features including PhotoStamps e-commerce site, Print Operations Systems, e-mail marketing, and affiliate tracking. From November 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 3 months) Sr. Manager, Engineering and Technology Production @ Supervised the development of Disney.com and other Disney-related Web Sites. From May 2006 to November 2006 (7 months) Software Development Manager, Mobile Platform Services @ Spearheaded mission-critical development and production support activities as leader of 10-person software engineering team. Allocated engineering resources to support large-scale efforts led by Program Managers; maintained integrated master schedule to maximize efficiency. Assembled cross-functional teams; managed recruiting, training, mentoring, performance reviews, and performance metrics. Conducted hands-on Java development of V4 mobile content distribution and billing platform components as necessary. Oversaw corrective, adaptive, and perfective maintenance projects for Platform Services, including Content Management, Catalog Management, Merchandising, Media Distribution, eCommerce, and Billing Systems for Mobile Media, including Ringtones, Wallpapers, and Mobile Games.
• Boosted team productivity 20% and reduced ongoing maintenance costs 50% by implementing company-wide task management tool, resource plan, and refactoring code-base to support a more extensible and maintainable platform.
• Improved system quality and ease of maintenance by incorporating documentation, peer reviews, and unit testing into development lifecycle without adversely impacting schedules.
• Orchestrated key projects including integration with T-Mobile Content Provider Gateway,
• Improved billing, subscriptions and delivery through platform enhancements for B2C storefront and integration with Mobile Media, and wMode.
• Dramatically increased revenue by implementing Motricity’s FUEL API, facilitating sales of InfoSpace, Inc. content through Cingular storefront. From March 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 3 months) Senior Applications Architect @ Performed as Web Services Technical and Functional Lead overseeing team of engineers playing key role in support of Future Combat Systems (FCS).
• Increased company income by serving as Vis Online (VOL) Technical Lead and Sales Engineer, developing VOL and VOL 3-D geo-spatial data mapping software released commercially.
• Improved ability of military clients to receive reconnaissance feeds by leading the development of the web-based visualization and GUI components for World Wide Web National Reconnaissance Organization (W3-NRO) contract.
• Enhanced military communications by developing messaging and collaboration API designed for use in FCS war-fighter machine interfaces.
• Co-authored the War-fighter Machine Interface proposal, including detailed analysis and report on Boeing’s testing and integration processes. Proposal won and was Boeing was awarded over $100-million contract.
• Improved military management of visual data by developing application for distributed data visualization, allowing remote clients to receive and see raster and entity data in 2D and 3D.
• Elevated Boeing sales by developing upgrades to FCS demonstration prototypes in support of Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR) and Littoral Combat Systems (LCS) demonstrations.
• Improved military ability to locate combat survivors by providing expert mentorship to Java developers in support of Combat Survivor Evader Locator project. From January 2002 to March 2005 (3 years 3 months) Senior Staff Software Engineer @ As the 4th employee, played critical role in design and development of Roamable system. Developed transport plug-ins utilizing modular architecture.
• Assisted in the development of the HALiBOT demonstration service assembling and communicating data for over 100 topics over HTTP, SMTP / POP3, and WAP.
• Developed content management system attracting several high profile clients, including MSNBC.com and MTV.com. From August 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 5 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Collaborated in design and development of Worksolv project management application designed to integrate with web-based time and billing product Timesolv. From May 2000 to October 2000 (6 months) Software Engineer (Consultant) @ Recruited to architect, design, and develop Scorecard web-based financial reporting system delivering in-depth, drill-down analysis resources for financial data reporting at any level or region.
• Chosen to mastermind architecture and development of Personnel Assessment Management System streamlining employee evaluation and reporting. From June 1999 to May 2000 (1 year) System Administrator @ System Admin for Desktop and Back Office systems comprised of a mix of Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Material Control and Accounting Specialist @ Served as enlisted soldier in National Guard.
Provided Warehouse Supply Management for a Tank Maintenance Group.
Provided food and shelter assistance during Northridge Earthquake aftermath in 1994. From 1991 to 1999 (8 years) Software Engineer @ Software Engineer and Program Analyst for the Safe School Bus Clean Air Fuel Efficiency Program, to determine the economic viability of alternative fuel vehicles. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Software Engineer @ Software Engineer assisting with the development and deployment of Inventory Control and Point of Sale systems for Retail stores. Incorporated the use of C, C++, Visual FoxPro, dBase, and VBA in solutions, depending on vendor and retailer needs. From 1993 to 1995 (2 years) Computer Information Systems Tutor @ Assist students and faculty learn C, C++, Word Perfect, dBase IV, Windows, DOS, and other software applications. From 1993 to 1994 (1 year)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Administration and Management, General @ University of Phoenix From 2012 to 2016 B.S., Business Adminstration @ University of Phoenix From 2002 to 2005 Professional Development, English, History, Computer Science @ University of California, Riverside From 1995 to 1999 A.A., Liberal Studies @ Victor Valley Community College From 1992 to 1995 Kenneth Riggio is skilled in: SOA, Motivational Leadership, Project Lifecycle Management, Business Solution Development, Software Engineering, Software Implementation, Software Architecture, Systems Analysis, Systems Integration, Application Infrastructure Development, Sales & Marketing Liaison, Change Management, Vendor Management, Performance Monitoring, System Enhancement & Upgrades
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension