P&G trained consumer marketer. Demonstrated expertise developing strategic vision & brand strategy grounded in consumer insight and company systems & culture. Expert developing brand positioning, marketing, innovation and execution to drive financial results. Success in delivering competitive advantage via large-scale, multi-functional projects in a matrix environment. Effective Organizational Change Leader and Talent-Developer with a proven track record
P&G trained consumer marketer. Demonstrated expertise developing strategic vision & brand strategy grounded in consumer insight and company systems & culture. Expert developing brand positioning, marketing, innovation and execution to drive financial results. Success in delivering competitive advantage via large-scale, multi-functional projects in a matrix environment. Effective Organizational Change Leader and Talent-Developer with a proven track record of developing employees and creating and deploying best practices that facilitate organizational change. Successful record managing world-class Advertising and Brand Design agencies.
Specialties: Brand Management • Strategic Planning • Innovation • New Product Development • Product Launches & Commercialization • Consumer Research • Segmentation • Data Analysis • P&L • Brand Positioning • Brand Architecture • Marketing Strategy • Advertising • Hispanic Marketing
Director Of Innovation @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Director, Brand Marketing @ Developed and managed marketing calendar, advertising campaigns and media plans. Day-to-day management of General Market Ad Agency, Hispanic Ad Agency and Kids & Family Agency, worked with Digital & PR agencies. Produced over 60 TV spots, 100+ radio ads, and several multi-million dollar digital & PR programs. Managed internal cross-functional team of 34 people.
• Concurrently led and directed all marketing activities including all advertising for $1 Billion Premium Chicken Sandwich category, $250 million Kids Meal category, and for $1.1 Billion Hispanic market.
• Developed and launched new Premium Chicken Sandwich products and advertising campaign, delivering 80% incremental volume to category and highest category volume in 7 years in 2013, resulting in +9% category growth in 2013 vs. 2012.
• Developed Kids’ meal marketing plan, licensing strategy, and advertising. Increased FY 2013 Sales +14% vs. 2012.
• Created and implemented Hispanic marketing strategy, marketing calendar and new advertising campaign. Resulted in Hispanic 2012 Net Sales growth at 103 index vs. Company and FY 2013 Hispanic Net Sales at a 105 index vs. Company. From August 2011 to March 2014 (2 years 8 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaSenior Brand Manager @ Established brand vision, strategy, positioning, visual identity, brand and product development guidelines, packaging strategy and architecture to create and launch 4 mega-brands: 1) Simple Truth® Organic brand, 2) Kroger Fresh Selections®, 3) Kroger [email protected]®, and 4) re-launch $1.2 billion Private Selection® premium brand. Responsible for $15 million marketing budget and $41 million in CRM loyalty programs. Day-to-day management of Brand Design Agencies. Managed team of 12 direct reports.
• Simple Truth® brand launch resulted in a $1 Billion Brand that is now the largest organic and natural brand in the USA, setting Kroger up to surpass Whole Foods® as the #1 organic food retailer.
• Kroger Fresh Selections® brand generated $200 million incremental sales in the produce department.
• Kroger [email protected]® brand delivered $47M incremental sales on $400 million total sales in the deli department.
• Private Selection® re-launch drove $84 million in incremental growth across 1,050 SKUs in 103 categories.
• Created, implemented and trained 60-person department on new brand management system and business planning process, delivering 12% growth in FY2009 total Corporate Brands annual sales and 5.6% growth in FY 2010. From 2007 to September 2011 (4 years) Asst. Brand Manager @ Assistant Brand Manager, Jergens Lotions
Drove Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizers innovation, including concept development, launch plans, marketing plans, TV, print, and in-store advertising development. Administered $190 million P&L and budget planning process. Captured sales revenue and profit targets by directing multi-functional team to achieve timely product development and launch milestones.
• Expanded Jergens Natural Glow franchise in FY2008 and FY2009; delivered concept qualification business case, product development and initiative launch plans, and commercialized Jergens Natural Glow Express.
• Innovated launch of 2 new product lines in January 2007; met all concept qualification, product performance, volume projections, internal margin, and retail margin launch criteria.
• Impacted delivery of 100% of Jergens Brand net sales and profit targets in FY2006 and Jergens Natural Glow Face retail sales growth of 30% year-over-year from FY2005 by developing and implementing new product initiatives; achieved dollar share greater than any other competitive entry. From June 2005 to May 2007 (2 years) Business Owner @ From January 2004 to April 2005 (1 year 4 months) Assistant Brand Manager @ Assistant Brand Manager Folgers New Product Development
Led multifunctional team in development and testing of commercial potential of new-to-the-world product. Directed opportunity analysis, including development and execution of learning plan and competitive landscape assessment for national launch of new product entry.
Assistant Brand Manager Pampers Diapers U.S. Hispanic Market
Engaged in startup effort to develop business in US Hispanic markets, representing highest long-term growth potential for brand. Provided creative and managerial direction for integrated marketing and media plan development. From June 1999 to February 2004 (4 years 9 months)
MBA, Finance and Marketing @ The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business From 1997 to 1999 B.S. @ University of Michigan From 1988 to 1992 Jesus Valdez is skilled in: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Portfolio Management, Product Innovation, Product Development, Commercialization, Training, Segmentation, Data Analysis, Brand Positioning..., Brand Architecture, Marketing Strategy, Advertising, Shopper Marketing, Hispanic Market, Consumer Products, Market Research, Integrated Marketing, Brand Management, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Strategy, Brand Equity, Product Launch, Creative Direction, Management, Customer Insight, Forecasting, Business Planning, Media Planning, Business Strategy, Start-ups, Brand Development, Consumer Insight, Social Media, Digital Marketing, P&L Responsibility, marketing structure &..., Cross-functional Team...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension