Bachelor of Arts (BA), English @
Brigham Young University
Performance-driven Senior Executive who achieves revenue, profit, and strategic growth in highly competitive environments. Proven results through sales acceleration, operational improvements, customer experience enhancement, organizational restructuring, consolidation and rapid growth. Valuable depth of experience leveraging leadership skills in cross-functional roles to deliver business improvement while leading national organizations scaled with $12B+ in revenue, 15,000+ employees, and/or 3,000
Performance-driven Senior Executive who achieves revenue, profit, and strategic growth in highly competitive environments. Proven results through sales acceleration, operational improvements, customer experience enhancement, organizational restructuring, consolidation and rapid growth. Valuable depth of experience leveraging leadership skills in cross-functional roles to deliver business improvement while leading national organizations scaled with $12B+ in revenue, 15,000+ employees, and/or 3,000 branded retail locations. Change agent who thrives in challenging, fast-paced organizations.
Specialties: • P&L Financial Management
• Cross-Functional Teams
• Sales Management
• Operations / Customer Service Management
• Change Management / Business Improvement
• Project Management / Technology
• Strategic Planning
Senior Vice President / General Manager, Mobile Computing Product Marketing @ Overall responsibility for the success of Samsung's mobile computing business in US--product marketing for tablets, wearables, PC's, and cameras--product management and strategic positioning, value propositions, go-to-market plans, market intelligence, customer positioning, marketing, channel sales, new product launches and refreshes. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Vice President, Channel Sales and Retail Operations @ Expanded role to include sell-out activity and store-in-store operations across all Samsung products, from smartphones to televisions to home appliances. Leading retail integration to provide a single brand in-store retail experience. From June 2014 to November 2014 (6 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Vice President, Channel Sales & Retail Operations @ Lead all sell-out activity through various sales channels including carrier partner stores, dealers, national retailers, and Samsung's own retail store-in-stores located in Best Buy locations across the country. Direct impact delivering very significant increase in y/y revenue, consumer Net Promoter Score, and retailer in-store brand recommendation rate (specifics currently confidential). From June 2013 to May 2014 (1 year) Senior Vice President, National Field Sales and Operations @ Lead 15k+ field sales and operations employees nationally, including all retail stores (2000), branded partner stores, other partner distribution and B2B sales. Additionally, direct-report VP/GM's were T-Mobile's cross-channel, cross-functional market leaders representing the brand across the country. Achieved company's first quarter of positive customer growth in four years and best customer churn (attrition) in five years. From June 2012 to May 2013 (1 year) Greater Seattle AreaSenior Vice President, South Area @ Leads $5B P&L for the South Area cross-functional business unit. From December 2010 to June 2012 (1 year 7 months) Regional Vice President @ Executive leading sales for the South Region of the US. From November 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 2 months) Founder/CEO @ Hands-on manager of startup portfolio of businesses and investments across several industries, including oil and gas exploration, natural products retailing, e-marketing, land development, and tax preparation franchises.
• Launched start-up natural products retailer, currently board member of growing company.
• Identified acreage with $60 million revenue potential in natural gas, recruited partners, and negotiated with various stakeholders for operations targeted to achieve $2.5 million in net profit. From 2007 to November 2009 (2 years) CEO @ International company providing in-country compatible wireless voice and data services to global travelers.
• Increased gross margin from 47% to 52% through margin analysis of each major supplier and B2B relationship, and then identifying opportunities to consolidate and renegotiate relationships.
• Reduced year-over-year attrition 50% by implementing regular team meetings, supervisor leadership training, regular employee communications, and increasing employee recognition.
• Realized $350K first-year profitable revenue through Latin American expansion primarily from Brazil, Mexico, and Ecuador by analyzing market opportunities, hiring tri-lingual Business Development Director, developing and executin key strategies and tactics. From January 2005 to October 2007 (2 years 10 months) Region President, VP, Director, and others @ Region President
Managed 1,000+ employee organization with P&L accountability for all functional areas in most of Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana region through all distribution channels.
• $175 million revenue increase, from $475 million to $650 million, achieved by rebuilding leadership team, identifying growth areas, adding additional sales executives, developing strategic alliances, and adding retail locations.
• Grew add-on revenue ratios 100% through leading effort to develop new selling methods, provide additional recognition, generate competition, and execute accountability standards.
• 100% Y/Y revenue growth achieved through B2B sales team.
• Reduced customer churn 40%.
• Led strategic effort for the approval and build-out of 350 additional cell sites with $87.5 million capital requirement.
VP, Messaging Services
Business Unit president managing 2,000+ employees and overall P&L for North American paging/messaging subsidiary with three million customers and $350 million in annual revenue.
• Spearheaded reorganization of underperforming national business unit through creation of new vision and led organization through complete overhaul, improving operating cash flow 25% to best ever of $137 million.
• Netted immediate $1 million cost savings after strategically absorbing operations from recently acquired business.
• $18 million annual savings produced from regionalization effort.
Additional roles and detail available. From 1988 to 2004 (16 years)
MBA, Business Administration and Management, General @ University of California, Berkeley - Walter A. Haas School of Business From 1990 to 1993 Bachelor of Arts (BA), English @ Brigham Young University From 1982 to 1988 Gary Riding is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, Change Management, Customer Relations, P&L Management, Operations Management, Business Reviews, Project Oversight, Call Center, Strategic Leadership, Senior Executives, Wireless, Telecommunications, Mobile Technology, Strategy, Start-ups
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension