Senior Director, Solutions Marketing @ Rocket Fuel Inc.
Technische Universität Berlin
Success building global technology businesses. Contributed to IPO’s and other exits. Extensive background with marketing cloud, including big data, adtech, analytics, PR, website development, SEO, SEM, publishing and content technology. Plan and execute all marketing and product marketing activities from business plan, product marketing, technology development to successful customer introduction and revenue growth. Bilingual - English and
Success building global technology businesses. Contributed to IPO’s and other exits. Extensive background with marketing cloud, including big data, adtech, analytics, PR, website development, SEO, SEM, publishing and content technology. Plan and execute all marketing and product marketing activities from business plan, product marketing, technology development to successful customer introduction and revenue growth. Bilingual - English and German.
• Translate Corporate Strategies into Marketing Tactics and Execute Successfully
• Position, Define, Develop, Test & Launch Brands, Products, Solutions and Services
• Communicate with Customers, Users, Developers, Board, Analysts, Investors, Employees, Press, Community
• Drive full funnel marketing ROI, including brand impact, lead generation and sales
Marketing @ Performance Horizon, the leading provider of SaaS solutions for digital partner marketing, enables brands to directly connect with their marketing partners to dramatically increase customer acquisition and drive high margin revenues from online marketing channels. With offices in the U.S., U.K., Japan and Australia, Performance Horizon's platform drives $3B+ in advertiser top line revenues across 120,000 marketing partners in over 170 countries processing payments in 50 currencies and providing support in 80 languages. From June 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco, CASenior Director, Solutions Marketing @ Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Technology Company focusing on digital advertising
Rocket Fuel delivers a leading programmatic media-buying platform at Big Data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to improve marketing ROI in digital media across web, mobile, video, and social channels. Rocket Fuel powers digital advertising and marketing programs globally for customers in North America, Europe, and Japan. Customers trust Rocket Fuel's Advertising That Learns® platform to achieve brand and direct-response objectives in diverse industries from
luxury cars to financial services to retail. Rocket Fuel currently operates in more than 20 offices worldwide and trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "FUEL." From 2011 to 2015 (4 years) Redwood City and San Francicso, CAHead of Marketing and Business Development @ Digital media and market intelligence company in the green/cleantech/sustainability space.
• Successfully raised funding from a variety of angel and institutional investors, including WSGR.
• Built marketing strategy, incl. defined products and product positioning (complete product management lifecyle), designed and led website development efforts, including SEO (page rank 5 within 6 month) and SEM efforts for traffic generation.
• Led organization from zero to first sales of market intelligence services to Fortune 500 customers, such as Diageo (Guinness, Jose Cuervo, Smirnoff, etc.), PG&E, and others.
• Defined content usage and user/subscriber interaction, incl. newsletters, press releases, social media promotions. From April 2009 to June 2011 (2 years 3 months) Los Gatos, CASVP, Business Development, Sales and Marketing @ Semantic Intelligence and Predictive Analytics Solutions for ad networks, web publishers, and ad agencies From July 2008 to March 2009 (9 months) Charleston, SCVP, Business Development, Corporate and SaaS Solution @ The leading industrial B2B digital media and technology organization with a B2B usage of more than 40 million user sessions and 100 million conversion actions.
Led sales and business development for SaaS based content management solutions for industrial and manufacturing oriented companies, including Alcoa, Parker Hannifin, Swagelok, ITT, etc. From November 2001 to July 2008 (6 years 9 months) New YorkSenior Vice President, Sales @ Mobile applications and infrastructure software solutions deployed by large financial organizations for use by their business and retail customers, including Merrill Lynch and others as well as Fedex' first mobile tracking app. From January 2001 to July 2001 (7 months) VP, Sales and Marketing @ Budget management software application used by General Motors, Fleet Bank, Caterpillar, U.S. Navy, DHL, among others. From October 1997 to December 2000 (3 years 3 months) Vice President, Sales @ WAN and Telecommunications products (ISDN, T1, E1) developer and manufacturer (various form factors) used by Motorola, Nortel, Ericsson, Shiva, etc. From July 1996 to September 1997 (1 year 3 months) Vice President (various titles) @ FTP is recognized for pioneering TCP/IP networking products for PCs. Directed engineering and product marketing resources supporting OEM business worldwide.
• As Director of Technology Partnership and VP of Asia Pacific Operations, managed sales in six offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
• As Sales Director of The Americas, directed large corporate sales team in driving business throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America. Launched both telemarketing and maintenance sales groups.
• As EMEA Regional Sales Manager, grew sales by 75% within one year. From January 1994 to July 1996 (2 years 7 months) GM, International Division @ Directed all facets of international business for leading project management software developer, incl. sales, marketing, technical support, localization, etc. From November 1989 to December 1993 (4 years 2 months) Director, VME @ Promoted cooperation, education and training for young executives of VC and high-tech firms in Germany and the US. The special project was part of the global traineeship exchange program that is center to AIESEC's mission of fostering global understanding. From 1986 to 1987 (1 year)
MBA, Industrial Management @ Technische Universität Berlin From 1984 to 1986 B.S., Business Administration and Mechanical Engineering @ Technische Universität Berlin From 1981 to 1984 Erik Mikisch is skilled in: SaaS, Team Building, Messaging, Leadership, Employee Benefits, Employees, Functions, Lead Generation, Online Advertising, Strategic Partnerships, SEM, Salesforce.com, New Business Development, Business Development, Management, Start-ups, Mobile Devices, Cloud Computing, Web Analytics, Enterprise Software, Sales, Strategic Planning, Strategy, Marketing, Digital Media, E-commerce, Product Development, B2B, Advertising, Social Networking, Business Planning, Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Email Marketing, Analytics, Mobile Applications, Product Marketing, Product Management, Digital Strategy, B2B Marketing, Mobile Marketing, CRM, Entrepreneurship, PPC, Competitive Analysis, Social Media, Mobile Advertising, Integrated Marketing, SEO, Go-to-market Strategy