Head of Talent & HR @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Yoga Sculpt Instructor @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Director, Talent Management @ Avant is an online lending platform that is changing the way consumers obtain credit by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing. Utilizing big data and machine-learning algorithms, the
Head of Talent & HR @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Yoga Sculpt Instructor @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Director, Talent Management @ Avant is an online lending platform that is changing the way consumers obtain credit by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing. Utilizing big data and machine-learning algorithms, the company offers a unique and highly customized approach to streamlined credit options. At its core, Avant is a tech company that is dedicated to creating innovative and practical financial products for all consumers. After securing more than $1.4 billion in funding, Avant was the most funded company in Chicago in 2014. More than 180,000 loans have been issued through the Avant website. Avant has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg and Crain’s Chicago Business. Avant was named to Forbes America's Most Promising Companies list for 2015 as well as Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups list for 2015. Loans through Avant are available in 46 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. Find out more at www.avant.com. From July 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 3 months) Director of People @ • Develop and drive the overall People strategy for Belly, owning the implementation and execution of various people focused initiatives that are time and size appropriate in a high-growth organization.
• Grow the Belly team by hiring, onboarding, training, and managing world-class talent, developing programs and processes that encompass the entire employee lifecycle.
• Oversee all facets of HR, including Talent Acquisition and Retention, Training and Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Benefits/Payroll/Compensation Administration and Compliance.
• Partner with the CEO to build a “Best Places to Work” culture, developing programs to attract and retain top talent at the Chicago headquarters and in multiple markets across the United States. From July 2013 to July 2014 (1 year 1 month) Adjunct Instructor @ Startup Institute is the #1 career accelerator, helping individuals gain the skills, mindset, and network to succeed in jobs at startups and high-growth companies. The full-time, immersive, 8-week program is offered in Berlin, Boston, Chicago, and New York.
As an instructor for the Core Track, I lead interactive sessions around interviewing at startups. I supported students individually to think critically, apply concepts, and dive deeper into the topic. From October 2013 to November 2013 (2 months) Vice President of Empowerment @ • Joined PaySimple as one of the company’s initial employees and have created and owned the Empowerment (Human Resources) function and corporate culture. PaySimple was voted one of the Best Places to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal multiple years in a row.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of recruiting duties, including writing ads, placing ads, utilizing referrals, prescreening, interviewing, contract negotiating, and making offers and final placements (hired 100+ people, from entry-level to executive positions in both technical and non-technical roles).
• Direct overall human resources management, including benefits coordination, team member training and performance reviews, compensation analysis, and payroll administration.
• Create and maintain the PaySimple culture by constantly communicating and living PaySimple’s core values and planning company events and group activities
• Manage team member empowerment and development by working with team members to find ways to help them grow both personally and professionally. From November 2006 to June 2013 (6 years 8 months) Greater Denver AreaFirm Administrator @ • Managed the administrative side of the firm, such as handling financial, human resources, and marketing duties.
• Interacted with vendors, courts, clients, opposing counsel, and the wide variety of people who called the firm.
• Internalized the details of a heavy load of complex litigation cases and helped attorneys keep track of them, cite checked complex briefs, and drafted procedural motions. From August 2005 to September 2006 (1 year 2 months) Greater Denver AreaMediation & Arbitration Clinic Coordinator @ • Established and maintained contact with the City Attorney’s office and the Denver community to help bring cases to the Mediation & Arbitration Clinic.
• Organized paperwork received from student mediations and entered case information into the database.
• Provided general support to clinic supervisor Professor Jeff Hartje by completing courthouse scheduling, investigating possible conflicts of interest, and tracking the progress of cases. From August 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 1 month) Greater Denver AreaLaw Clerk @ • Assisted attorneys in the pre-litigation department with tasks including interviewing potential clients, contacting insurance companies, corresponding with hospitals and treatment facilities, and preparing demand letters.
• Contacted and assisted clients with issues relating to their cases. From August 2003 to August 2004 (1 year 1 month) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology, Business, Legal Studies @ Washington University in St. Louis From 1999 to 2003 MSLA, Legal Administration @ University of Denver - Sturm College of Law From 2004 to 2005 Elissa Beckman is skilled in: Salesforce.com, SaaS, Strategic Planning, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Vendor Management, Microsoft Excel, Thought Leadership, Social Media, Recruiting, Marketing Strategy, Customer Service, Management, Microsoft Word, Marketing, Human Resources, Interviews, Team Building, Employee Benefits
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension