ITSM Program Manager and Enterprise Change Manager @ United States Department of Agriculture - Animal Plant Health Inspection Service
Central North Carolina Local Interest Group Communications Chair @ Information Technology Service Management Forum
Communications Information Systems Officer @ Headquarters, United States Marine Corps
Master of Sciences in Information Systems, 4.0 @
The American University
Visionary change agent and intrapreneur with 25 years experience in information technology (IT) leadership and management in large public / private multi-division organizations. Led and managed multi-million dollar IT operations, programs, and projects at the national and start-up levels. Designed and managed the implementation of technology projects directed at enhancing business value. Ability to manage complex organizational
Visionary change agent and intrapreneur with 25 years experience in information technology (IT) leadership and management in large public / private multi-division organizations. Led and managed multi-million dollar IT operations, programs, and projects at the national and start-up levels. Designed and managed the implementation of technology projects directed at enhancing business value. Ability to manage complex organizational initiatives involving multiple functions and business areas.
ITSM Program Manager and Enterprise Change Manager @ * Provide IT strategy, guidance, recommendations, and plans to both the USDA & APHIS executive IT leadership.
* Lead and manage the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Program and Chair the Enterprise Change Advisory Board.
* Developed a Business Case for a "Cloud" based ITSM solution to support the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) set of best practices that was accepted by the executive IT leadership, was piloted to prove value and is awaiting funding.
* The ITSM Program will provide value to customer support, business support systems, administrative systems, applications development, financial systems, infrastructure support, telecommunication services, IT Security and will provide reporting and analysis capabilities to all organizational stakeholders for decision support.
* Successfully led and managed the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite upgrade project from 7.0 to 7.6.04.
* Led the establishment of an ITSM program based on the ITIL framework. Achieved top down management commitment and support. Established an education and awareness program of ITIL. Assisted in the procurement and implementation of the BMC\Remedy solution for process deployment.
* Assisted in achieving USDA, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) wide adoption of ITIL processes and the tools to support those processes. Collaborated with both private and public (State of North Carolina and Federal Departments) sector organizations in establishing a USDA Enterprise ITSM program.
* Led the design, development, implementation, and support of IT networks and support systems for approximately 3000 Eastern Region (ER) APHIS customers.
* Led a regional team of computer specialists (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Tier), and approximately 40 ER IT professionals.
* Served as the primary ER APHIS IT lead for 5 emergency agriculture programs. From October 1999 to Present (16 years 3 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaCentral North Carolina Local Interest Group Communications Chair @ Served as the Communications Chair for the Central North Carolina, Information Technology Service Management Forum, Local Interest Group (LIG). Our LIG won "Rookie of the Year" in 2007 by the National Association. Previously served as the Secretary of the LIG as well. From July 2007 to August 2009 (2 years 2 months) Communications Information Systems Officer @ * Provided IT strategy, guidance, recommendations, and plans to both the United States Navy and Headquarters, Marine Corps (HQMC) executive IT leadership.
* Managed the 4000 user National Capital Region, HQMC, enterprise IT infrastructure at 50% less cost than comparable systems. Led a team of 30 IT professionals.
* Developed the draft regional plan for the rollout of a satellite based Information Management Dissemination System to the United States Atlantic Command Sub and Surface Fleet.
* Developed an Executive Information System cost/benefit analysis using data warehousing/mining technology of which Oracle was selected.
* Developed and executed plans for upgrading multiple aging large-scale networks to state-of-the-art infrastructures at the Pentagon, HQMC, and Quantico, VA.
* Successfully reorganized two units into self-managed network support teams, which reduced the number of daily trouble calls pending by 90%.
* Established the first Marine Corps Modeling & Simulation Management Office at Quantico, VA. Coordinated Marine Corps wide simulation activities and facilitated contractual agreements.
* Developed employee training strategic designs, curriculums, and training programs. From June 1980 to October 1999 (19 years 5 months) Senior Project Manager @ * Developed winning technology proposals for multiple North Carolina statewide personal computer, networking, and development contracts.
* Evaluated Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Interaction Systems for implementation. Member of the management evaluation team.
* Developed and submitted a proposal to upgrade a regional bank’s 700 Branch Wide Area Network that was selected.
* Implemented a network for a state-of-the-art technology Magnet High School. From April 1997 to August 1998 (1 year 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaFlorida Branch/ATM Cash Control Manager @ * Managed 2000 teller and Automated Teller Machines cash-in/cash-out.
* Led a team of 11 cash control associates.
* Implemented Quality Action Teams that reduced the number of discrepancies by 30%.
* Completed 12 weeks of cross training throughout the operations center and a year long Management Associates Program.
* Participated in the development of an employee end-user computing training strategic design for Bank of America. From August 1989 to August 1990 (1 year 1 month) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
CGCIO, Certified Government Chief Information Officer @ University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill From 2009 to 2009 Master of Sciences in Information Systems, 4.0 @ The American University From 1994 to 1995 BSBA, Marketing & Computer Information Systems, 3.7 @ East Carolina University From 1985 to 1989 David Farris is skilled in: Program Management, ITIL, IT Service Management, Project Management, IT Strategy, Management, Change Management, Governance, Strategy, Cloud Computing, People-oriented, Infrastructure, Team Leadership, Process Management, Customer Service