Master's Degree @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cristina Dolan is an MIT Media Lab alumna and Internet pioneer with over two decades of experience building software, content, and Internet based products and businesses. She was a co-founder of OneMain.com, which grew to be the 10th largest ISP after a successful IPO. (Acquired by Earthlink) As Geographic Communities Division President and Strategic Alliances Officer of
Cristina Dolan is an MIT Media Lab alumna and Internet pioneer with over two decades of experience building software, content, and Internet based products and businesses. She was a co-founder of OneMain.com, which grew to be the 10th largest ISP after a successful IPO. (Acquired by Earthlink) As Geographic Communities Division President and Strategic Alliances Officer of OneMain she conceived and built the OneMain cornerstone, the Geographic Communities, into a profitable business in only five months. The board of venture backed Wordstream brought Cristina in as President and CEO to commercialize the company, where she also raised financing and closed initial sales. At IBM and Oracle she led sales, business development and product marketing, where she won numerous leadership and sales awards. She was a senior executive in lead technology roles on the founding teams that launched the first Hearst Magazine site (HomeArts) and several ABC/Disney Internet properties. Cristina is currently leading content partnerships and the development of content, community and communications products at TradingScreen, a software company serving institutional financial traders. Cristina has been an investor and advisor to several startups and MIT spinouts and was a Rudyard Partners, General Partner. Currently Cristina serves on the MIT Enterprise Forum board and the MIT AA Selection Committee. She is the former President of the MIT Club of New York and served on the MIT Global Enterprise Forum board. Cristina has a Master of Media Arts and Science from the MIT Media Lab, where she also took courses at Sloan and HBS. She also has a Master of Computer Science Engineering and a Bachelors of Electrical Engineering with concentrations in Computer Science, Communications Technologies and Business. Cristina is a former member of the US Bobsled and Skeleton team, placing first in the US nationals and 2nd for women in the World Championships. She is fluent in Castillian Spanish.
Head of Content, Communities & Communications Products @ Head of product management, product marketing, software development, sales training and QA for Content, Community and Chat products.
Leading content distribution strategy, partner selection, contract negotiations and integration of content within the TradingScreen platforms.
Also the Head of Corporate Marketing, Social Media and the Learning Management System. From 2009 to Present (6 years) Dream it. Code it. Win it. Coding Contest Organizer @ Organized and launched 'Dream it. Code it Win it.' (Working with TradingScreen and volunteers from the MIT Club of New York, MIT Enterprise Forum.), to celebrate creativity in the craft of Computer Science. Launched a submission page application at FACEBOOK.com/dreamITcodeITwinIT on January 9th, 2014. The finalists will be invited to an event in New York City on the evening of April 30th 2014, where they will be awarded a total of $60,000 in cash and prizes. (Dream it. Code it. Win it. is a non-profit run by volunteers and in-kind services.) For more information visit the webpage at dreamITcodeITwinIT.org or to read recent articles visit the blog at
or the Wikipedia Page at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_it._Code_it._Win_it.
Dream it. Code it. Win it. - MIT Club of New York Newsletter - http://newyork.alumclub.mit.edu/s/1314/images/gid24/editor_documents/2014_fall_newsletter.pdf
Invited to speak at TEDxStuyvesant on June 13, 2015.
http://www.tedxstuyvesanths.com/speakers/ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Management Consultant @ Assisting companies with business development, sales, creation of business plans, implementation of go-to-market strategies and establishing distribution channels. Companies have included VeriSign, Motorola, Thunderhouse, Redwood Partners (Contracted by Fortune 50 Tech company to help spin off IP.) Sector Inc. (SIAC and NYSE subsidiary) and beingmeta (MIT spin-off supported by the MIT Venture Mentors.) Adviser to technology startups including RelevantKnowledge. (Acquired by MediaMetrix and later ComScore.), dMetrics (NLP MIT Spinout focused on extracting customer decisions from social chatter.) and a later stage international customer loyalty company. From June 1994 to Present (21 years 7 months) Advisory Board Member @ From March 2001 to Present (14 years 10 months) General Partner @ Specializing in the rapid launch of technologies and businesses. Our passion is the creation, rediscovery and deployment of many forms of ubiquitous network access. We advise our companies to think beyond the device and service provider so that consumer becomes the apex of consideration. As a result of our focus, we reduce the time to launch strong businesses and their corresponding funding needs. From November 2007 to 2012 (5 years) MIT Club of New York President @ The MIT Club of New York serves a community of over 10,000 local alumnae and alumni.
- Organized approximately 80 events per year providing education through the MIT comes to NY series with MIT Faculty and many special industry, career and social events.
- Increased attendance and grew club membership and profitability to highest recorded level in club history. Recruited volunteers and participated in succession planning.
- As VP of Communications, created the new brand and logo for the MIT Club of New York and launched the bi-yearly newsletter that reaches over 10,000 alums in the New York tri-state area. From July 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 1 month) CEO & President and Director @ • Brought in by Board to commercialize the five year old research focused software company offering patented approach to the creation of multilingual information and multilingual search.
• Created new business plan, productized the software, raised financing and sold solution to first customer.
• Led product and software development for product commercialization
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2000/11/20/daily1.html From September 2000 to October 2001 (1 year 2 months) Co-Founder, Division President Geographic Community Portals, Content and Strategic Alliance Officer @ • Conceived and launched the cornerstone of OneMain, the Geographic Communities, which were local community web portals for OneMain subscribers. This business unit reached profitability in only five months after the initial launch.
• As the Strategic Alliances Officer, Identified and negotiated over 40 strategic partnerships.
• Developed a new subscriber CD to automate adding new subscribers to the 43 non-integrated ISPs within three months, on time and budget.
• Presented at global IPO roadshow and quarterly analyst presentations the Geographic Communities results. (10th largest ISP in US)
Prior to Earthlink acquisition http://apps.shareholder.com/sec/viewerContent.aspx?companyid=ELNK&docid=1017030 , OneMain, was a public company and one of the ten largest Internet service providers. From September 1998 to September 2000 (2 years 1 month) Director of E-Commerce for the Americas @ • Led 19 regional Internet and e-Commerce Business Development Managers in the development and implementation of a sales and business development strategy across American.
• Worked with industry analysts to attain product coverage and recommendations.
• Identified replicable custom solutions and worked with sales, marketing, consulting and industry analysts to resell into industry verticals. From September 1997 to January 1999 (1 year 5 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Internet Technology and Operations @ Various projects leading strategy, software development and implementation for ABC TV and News sites, Academy Awards and the Disney Family site. Negotiated agreements with vendors including RealNetworks Video Streaming to provide services for highly publicized television events including the Oscars and Sweeps. Microsoft Advisory Board Member. From March 1996 to September 1997 (1 year 7 months) Director of Operations @ Led technology and operations implementation for launch of the Hearst HomeArts flagship website in the early Internet days. Created strategy, hired team, defined process and contracted vendors and launched site within budget in only four months. From February 1995 to March 1996 (1 year 2 months) MultiMedia Business @ Lead sales and consulting efforts for multimedia client projects: SNET Interactive Television Business, and PAMEX Global Purchasing System based on client/server Internet architectures. Led requirements analysis, user interface design and software development team.
Company later acquired by Razorfish. From July 1994 to February 1995 (8 months) Marketing & Sales - Communications & Finance Industries @ Generating over $850M in revenue leading projects and sales teams with fortune 100 banking, securities and telecommunications firms. Won numerous honors and awards, including IBM Hundred Percent Clubs, Regional and Branch Manager Awards and the American Express Chairman's Quality Award from a customer. From January 1984 to July 1994 (10 years 7 months) Student, Research Assistant @ From September 1992 to June 1994 (1 year 10 months) Member of the US BobSled and Skeleton Team @ http://bit.ly/tkelY5
1st in the US Nationals, March 1992
2nd (woman) World Championship, February 1989 From October 1988 to March 1994 (5 years 6 months)
Master's Degree, Media Arts and Sciences, Graduate School @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1992 to 1994 Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1992 to 1994 Bachelor's Degree, Bachellor of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, College @ Electrical Engineering & Computer ScienceMaster's Degree, Computer Science Engineering, Graduate School @ Master of Computer Science Engineering Cristina Dolan is skilled in: Online Communities, Computer Science, Digital Media, Telecom Technologies, TradingScreen, Financial Markets, New Venture Development, New Business Development, Entrepreneur, Connector, Venture Capital, Educational Technology, Spanish, Digital Photography, Calligraphy