MSc, Theoretical Physics @
Instituto de Física Teórica
I'm an enthusiast of Data-Driven Products and Data Science. For the last ten years i've been working closing the gap from Data Science, Computer science and management/commercial teams. Nowadays my main areas of activity are in Big Data GIS Systems, User Segmentation and Recommendation, Information Retrieval, among others. Several of this systems are being used by million
I'm an enthusiast of Data-Driven Products and Data Science. For the last ten years i've been working closing the gap from Data Science, Computer science and management/commercial teams. Nowadays my main areas of activity are in Big Data GIS Systems, User Segmentation and Recommendation, Information Retrieval, among others. Several of this systems are being used by million monthly unique visitors on several websites and mobile applications.
My current main purpose is in creating software that is based in complex data basis, adapting for each user and it's needs, bringing together a digital environment and the offline environment.
I manage a high level team, with large experience in software development and scientific works, who works with each project development team leader into creating data based projects, in a plural environment, with designers, programmers, ux specialists and data scientists, since creation, product goals and creating data-driven functionalities.
My secondary interests and in areas like Functional Programming, Quantitative Finance, Scientific Research, Information Retrieval.
Technically I'm fluent em several programming languages like Scala, C#, Java, Python, R. I'm also one of the pioneers users of Big Data tools in Brazilian internet, such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kineses, Big Query and work constantly with large providers, specially AWS and Google, to test/improve this products.
Products Management - Data Science @ Currently I'm responsible for the search product at Booking.com. The team responsible for the search have a strong Data Science background, being responsible for the Search Infrastructure, Search UX on all pages and data modelling for search improvement:
Our main activities include:
- Brick, our in-house Search Platform based on Apache Lucene. Handling billions of search requests per month.
- Data bases design, data based development.
- Booking.com Search Box.Working with designers and UX specialists to develop new ways to interact with the search problem
- Spellchecking models for Search
- Data Science modelling for improvement o Search Action Decision.
- Developing recommendation models for search expansion, giving users great new locations from user features
- Segmenting search result from important data, giving each users a better experience when searching at Booking.com
- developing localisation specific interfaces, adapting the search UX for each specific culture.
Booking.com B.V., part of the Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodation online. Each day, over 650,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. The Booking.com website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for every type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites. Self-catered properties are also specifically a focus of Villas.com, a sister site recently launched by Booking.com. Truly international, Booking.com is available in more than 40 languages, and offers over 800.000 properties in 205 countries.
Booking.com B.V. is based in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and is supported internationally by 130 offices in over 50 countries around the world. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsData Science Mentor @ From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaChief Scientist / CDO @ Apontador is the biggest Local Search in Brazil. Part of Naspers Group, we are one of the TOP 20 (with almost 20 MM unique users monthly) websites in Brazil, providing information to millions users by month.
I'm responsible in leading teams on the following areas
- Research for new models and techniques for web data discovery and data organization
- Data Mining and Web Crawling
- Developing new search and information retrieval models.
- Hadoop / Map Reduce and newer Big Data Tools (such as Spark)
- Developing BI analysis and developing new methods for strategic company decisions.
- Personalized recommendation and advertising algorithms, capable of optimizing income in a flexible and customizable way
- Research in new methods for MapReduce computing. From June 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 9 months) São Paulo Area, BrazilChief Scientist / CDO @ Maplink is the main map solutions in Brazil and is a part of Naspers Group. It's specialized in Traffic Solutions (Real Time, Historic, and Predictive) and developing GIS solutions for B2B.
- Leading the Business unity responsible for our new intelligent Logistic Solution, from product development to sales decisions.
- Predictive and historical traffic research
- Leading the development of newer products based on modern machine learning tools
- Development of new models for the traffic site of maplink group
- Responsible for all scientific and data teams
- Hadoop / Map Reduce and newer Big Data Tools (such as Spark)
- Development of custom Distributed Systems and models.
- Working with comercial teams with the objective of finding client specific solutions for our consulting team. From June 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 9 months) São Paulo Area, BrazilProfessor @ Taught at the extension course "Analise de Big Data" classes about Data Science.
Probability, Bayesian Probability, Recommendation Systems. From May 2014 to May 2014 (1 month) São Paulo Area, BrazilQuantitative Manager @ Responsible for academic research and development of new strategies for Vector's Quantitative High Frequency Fund From September 2008 to June 2012 (3 years 10 months) São Paulo Area, Brazil
Master of Science (MSc), Physics, Mathematics @ Ecole polytechnique From 2006 to 2008 MSc, Theoretical Physics @ Instituto de Fïsica Teórica From 2006 to 2008 BSc, Ingenieur de l'Ecole Polytechnique, Physics, Mathematics @ Ecole polytechnique From 2004 to 2006 Bachelor of Science, Physics @ Universidade de São Paulo From 2002 to 2006 High school @ Colégio Bandeirantes From 1999 to 2001 Caio Gomes is skilled in: Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Physics, Python, Programming, Mathematical Modeling, Hadoop, MapReduce, Statistics, Derivatives, Matlab, Java, Solr
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension