Sr Tools Development Engineer @ HP Enterprise Security
El Rancho High School
With thorough knowledge in several software practices, I am a “generalist” software engineer with experience in development, devops, automated testing, and quality control, along with co-developing and enhancing Continuous Delivery systems for Apollo Group and HP. At Intuit, I am currently a multi-role engineer, working for CICD and Tools Engineering. I like to consider myself as a
With thorough knowledge in several software practices, I am a “generalist” software engineer with experience in development, devops, automated testing, and quality control, along with co-developing and enhancing Continuous Delivery systems for Apollo Group and HP. At Intuit, I am currently a multi-role engineer, working for CICD and Tools Engineering. I like to consider myself as a “grinder” type employee whose reach is limited to as far as my passion for the field goes.
Specialties: CI, Continuous Delivery, Agile, automated testing / building practices, release management.
OS: Linux (several), Windows
Languages: Java, C#, Ruby, Chef, PHP, Python, Ant / Ivy, Maven, Gradle, AngularJS
DB: MySQL, Postgres
Testing: Junit, SoapUI, Fortify, Findbugs, Checkstyle, Clover, Loadrunner, Fitnesse, Selenium, Parasoft products (Jtest, SOAtest, .Test, etc.)
Dev Tool Infrastructure: Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.), Hudson, Artifactory, Nexus, Splunk
SCM: Perforce, SVN, Git, Mercurial
Staff Software Engineer @ CI/CD Onboarding Scrum Master From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ CI/CD development From November 2013 to July 2014 (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSr Tools Development Engineer @ - Trusted with creating scalable and multi-staged solutions in build, testing, and communications between all associated with production and release.
- Maintaining 3rd party tools across multiple branches (ArcSight and Fortify).
- Responsible for HP Security's Development Tools infrastructure, along with the continued development of custom development tools to automated processes through the software lifecycle.
- Working and augmenting 3rd party APIs to create greater cohesion between the organizations SCM, bug tracking, CI server, and custom build and publishing tools.
- Assisting in the publishing of standards and best practices for the organization.
- In charge of the integrity and availability of Agile related tools and processes / workflows
- Currently working on enhanced visibility of product quality (development to release analysis), along with documentation of all build and test metrics. From November 2011 to November 2013 (2 years 1 month) Automation Engineer (DevOps) @ - Company guru in Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure, along with automated build and testing organization and management.
- Co-architect for Apollo Group’s Continuous Delivery (CD) infrastructure.
- Authored and assisted in company standards in CI structures, versioning, version control, and maven build scripts.
- Chief engineer for Apollo Group’s parent poms, along with assisting all development teams in improving their build scripts corporate-wide.
- Developed maven plugins and Java based tools to automate and simplify versioning, Jira / bug tracking reporting, and automated package tracking through the CI / CD process.
- Assisted in the development of company specific automated release and server / application data warehouse applications (Java based).
- Served as system administrator for several servers housing Apollo Group’s development tools. From June 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 6 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaSoftware Engineer @ - Served as a developer for a course registration and roster balancing application.
- Assisted in bug fixing and application improvements in the code base.
- In charge of writing unit and functional tests using JUnit.
- Converted application build scripts from Ant to Maven.
- Created one of Apollo Group’s first Continuous Delivery schemes. From March 2008 to June 2010 (2 years 4 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaSoftware Quality Engineer @ - Lead Apollo Group’s SQE team in best practices for CI and unit testing, along with introducing code coverage, types of load testing, and static analysis (via Checkstyle and Findbugs).
- Served on three development teams as an enforcer and in charge of returning them to compliance with company standards.
- Introduced and enforced Apollo Group’s first corporate-wide Continuous Integration infrastructure.
- Created and presented company standards in CI usage and testing frameworks.
- Participated in code and application reviews to improve quality.
- Presented at Phoenix Java User Group for use of continuous integration for quality control (http://www.phxjug.org/meetings.html - 5/9/2007) From November 2006 to March 2008 (1 year 5 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaSales Engineer @ - Complete knowledge in Parasoft’s automated test suites
- Demonstrated Parasoft’s technical products to managers, developers, QA engineers, and CEOs.
- Assisted in the instruction and integration of Parasoft applications to customers.
- Provided technical support for client’s having problems with testing and integration. From April 2005 to November 2006 (1 year 8 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
Bachelors of Science - Computer Science, Software Engineering @ California State Polytechnic University-Pomona From 1998 to 2004 El Rancho High School Alejandro Escalante is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Maven, Ant, Continuous Integration, Spring, Linux, Core Java, Selenium, SOA, Unit Testing, Ruby, Automation, SoapUI, Java, Apache Ivy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension