Owner / Creative Director @ Stephen Wilson Photography
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Painting, 3.5 @
University of Central Florida
I'm a creative professional with an MFA and 10 years of experience. I excel at bringing people together to collaborate and push the boundaries of what is expected. Thus, I have started my own creative brand, NYblk, and opened an art gallery, W Archive. That's in addition to steadily building my client list as a professional photographer
I'm a creative professional with an MFA and 10 years of experience. I excel at bringing people together to collaborate and push the boundaries of what is expected. Thus, I have started my own creative brand, NYblk, and opened an art gallery, W Archive. That's in addition to steadily building my client list as a professional photographer in New York City. I have also been employed in management level positions in the fashion industry, designed advertising campaigns for globally recognized fashion brands, and done in-house photography consulting for fashion and apparel start-ups.
Owner and Creative Director @ W Archive - www.w-archive.com
May 2015 - Present
W Archive is an expertly curated online gallery of art and artist prints, championing the work of emerging to mid-career artists. (emphasis on career) From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater New York City AreaOwner and Creative Director @ NYblk - www.NYblk.com
July 2014 - Present
NYblk is a New York centric look at art, fashion, style, and creative culture with an emphasis on collaboration. NYblk joins the cultural discussion and drives traffic to its advertisers by creating original content and curating a contemporary lifestyle. It's focus on creative community sets NYblk apart. We are not just supplying puff pieces for site traffic, nor are we regurgitating the latest headlines from the spectacle.
Writer From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaOwner / Creative Director @ STEPHEN WILSON PHOTOGRAPHY www.swilsonphotography.com
Freelance Photographer and Retouching 2005 – Present
My clients and collaborators include(selected) Affinitas Intimates, ANN YEE COLLECTION, Elle Canada, Elle.com, Fashionista, Fenton Moon, Gabriel J. Shuldiner Jewelry, House of Waris, Laura Siegel, Lingerie FW™, Jo Malone London, Purely Fashion, Rich PR, Samantha Sleeper, SENA NYC, Sony Entertainment, Think PR, UNOde50, Vogue.UK, WWD, Wildly Smitten, and I have working relationships with model agencies such as Elite, Ford, Frame, Fusion, IMG, Major, MC², Muse, New York Model Management, One, Red, Re:Quest, Trump, and VNY.
What I can do for you:
• Produce photo shoots from pitch to post, including booking all talent, renting equipment, booking locations, shooting, editing and retouching, as well as markups and layout
• Creative Direct and Art Direct within given standards to produce a vision
• Manage shoot budgets and set schedules to maintain client expectations From May 2005 to Present (10 years 8 months) Freelance Color Corrector @ Color corrects batches of content images in Adobe Lightroom - 1,000 to 2,500 images per day From September 2012 to February 2013 (6 months) Greater New York City AreaFreelance Event Photographer @ • Photographs high profile and exclusive fashion, culture, and society events
• Uses Adobe Lightroom to edit, retouch, and insert all metadata
• Liaison between client and agency when posting photos to site, as well as making sure images are properly added to partnering syndication servers From September 2012 to February 2013 (6 months) Greater New York City AreaFlagship Store Manager @ BUCKLER
New York, NY
Store Manager (SoHo) December 2009 – September 2010
Assistant Manager July 2009 – December 2009
At Buckler, my main responsibilities on paper were manager of the flagship store in SoHo. However, my roles and duties far exceeded those expectations. In addition to being a brand ambassador and the manager of SoHo, I was also responsible for the Meatpacking location on the weekends. I was frequently asked for input in production. During show season, I often had a hands on role in our presentations or runway shows.
• Managed a team of 6 that was responsible for all of the New York retail sales
• Oversaw, allocated, and distributed inventory for retail, web, and wholesale
• Implemented new retail staff standards, focusing on product knowledge and engagement, increasing sales an average of 145.5% for the year
• Created and maintained a store blog to coincide with the lifestyle of the “Buckler Man” and further the digital presence and branding of the company From December 2009 to September 2010 (10 months) Creative Freelancer @ AR
New York, NY
Design/ Creative Freelancer September 2009 – December 2009
Design/ Creative Intern May 2007 – September 2007
At AR I collaborated with creative directors on pitches and concept creation for clients and new business, including Banana Republic, BEBE Sport, Brioni, Brooks Brothers, Elie Tahari, Gucci, Ivanka Trump Diamonds, Jimmy Choo, Jones New York and Moet.
• Compiled creative assets and image research for new business and existing clients
• Partnered with creative teams to suggest casting and photography ideas
• Retouched pre- and post-production artwork for fashion clients
• Created design elements that were center pieces for the Banana Republic Spring 2008 campaign and in-store visuals. From September 2009 to December 2009 (4 months)
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), Fine/Studio Arts, General, Graduated @ Parsons School of Design From 2007 to 2009 Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Painting, 3.5 @ University of Central Florida From 2001 to 2006 Stephen Wilson is skilled in: Photography, Image Manipulation, Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Photoshop, Art Direction, Commercial Photography, Adobe Creative Suite, Portrait Photography, Creative Direction, Web Design, Advertising, Portraits, InDesign, Art