Lecturer in Management @ Stanford Graduate School of Business
Chairman and Member of the Board of Advisors @ Lufthansa Consulting
Management Studies, First Class @
University of Cambridge
Sadiq has been a Senior Vice President at Lufthansa Group since 2011. He started as the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer for the Group, responsible for Corporate Strategy, Portfolio and Business Development. He was responsible for group-wide Innovation, including the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and chairing the Innovation Fund Board. He is recognised as an expert on Digital
Sadiq has been a Senior Vice President at Lufthansa Group since 2011. He started as the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer for the Group, responsible for Corporate Strategy, Portfolio and Business Development. He was responsible for group-wide Innovation, including the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and chairing the Innovation Fund Board. He is recognised as an expert on Digital and the future customer experience, with his TED talk having been seen by 110,000 people. He now works at Eurowings, responsible for Network & Fleet of the largest Low Cost Carrier in Central Europe.
Sadiq is also a Lecturer at Stanford teaching an MBA class on the Travel Industry, member of the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council for Travel, on the Board of Directors of SunExpress and Chairman of Lufthansa Consulting
He was formerly the Chief Commercial Officer of a Brazilian low cost carrier based in Rio de Janeiro. He has 10 years consulting experience. He was formerly a Senior Vice President with Seabury in Sydney and New York. He also led the firm's loyalty and turnaround practice areas.
He started his consulting career at Bain & Company in London and Johannesburg.
Senior Vice President, Network & Fleet @ Eurowings is a subsidiary of Lufthansa Group with 90 aircraft and the #1 low cost carrier in Central Europe
• Network/route planning & scheduling
• Fleet development and allocation
• Airport Relations
• Codeshares & partnerships From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Cologne Area, GermanyLecturer in Management @ Started the first dedicated MBA class on the Travel & Airline Industry From 2014 to Present (1 year) Chairman and Member of the Board of Advisors @ From 2013 to Present (2 years) Frankfurt Am Main Area, GermanyChairman & Member of the Board @ The Innovation hub works with travel startups to co-create business opportunities. It also develops own products/apps and supports the business in solving digital challenges From 2014 to Present (1 year) Young Global Leader and Member of Global Agenda Council for Travel @ Member of the Global Agenda Council for Travel 2014-2016
Selected as a Young Global Leader 2015 From 2014 to Present (1 year) Member of the Board @ Advise and support growth of LCC, with 80 B737s and $1.2B in revenue, with bases in Germany and Turkey
• Developed plan and partnerships to address seasonality through seasonal aircraft dry leasing
• Supported achievement of dramatic profitability increase, $4B fleet order and entry into long-haul From 2013 to Present (2 years) Antalya, TurkeySenior Vice President, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer @ Led team of 30 employees in Frankfurt and Berlin, reporting to the Group CEO.
Member of Group Leadership Team and Finance Committee, Chairman of Sustainability Council.
• Developed Group strategy “Way Forward 7:1”and led two actions fields
• Developed and implemented new Eurowings pan-European and long-haul low cost airline
• Spearheaded and implemented carve out of Miles & More into a separate business unit
• Initiated, developed and supported 1.5B EUR profit improvement program SCORE
• Implemented new Innovation & Digitalisation strategy creating central unit and dedicated fund
• Streamlined portfolio, assessed acquisition opportunities and new business fields e.g. drones
• Supported segments to develop their strategies/ enhance performance e.g. implemented NPS From 2011 to 2015 (4 years) Frankfurt Am Main Area, GermanyChief Commercial Officer @ Responsible for all revenue functions, including network planning, revenue management, sales & distribution, ancillary revenues and strategy for a startup low cost carrier with 25 aircraft. Helped lead the growth of the airline and prepare for new financing. Helped transform the company into the most profitable airline in Brazil From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Senior Vice President @ Partner at world's largest dedicated aviation management consulting firm and member of the leadership team. Supported growth of the consulting division from 10 to 60 people. Head of Airline Loyalty and Turnaround practice areas. Conducted 25+ projects,advising airline clients across the world, including Qantas, Air Canada, US Airways, Malaysia Airlines and Etihad. From 2006 to 2010 (4 years) Senior Associate Consultant @ Conducted several projects on customer loyalty and organisation design From 2001 to 2004 (3 years) London, United Kingdom
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ Harvard Business School From 2004 to 2006 Management Studies, First Class @ University of Cambridge Sadiq Gillani is skilled in: Strategy, Airlines, Management, Start-ups, Loyalty Programs, Management Consulting, Finance, Aircraft, Leadership, Strategic Planning, Consulting, Business Strategy, Business Development, Financial Modeling, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension