Software Engineer and UX Designer — Contractor @ Percy
Software Engineer — Contractor @ Blinkk
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Fellow code people:
Come build useful things as a Software Engineer at Science Exchange. Former cancer biologist Elizabeth Iorns founded our company to solve the problem of slow scientific collaboration with an online marketplace for scientific services. We are working hard to build next gen web tools for scientists and accelerate the pace of scientific research. Help
Fellow code people:
Come build useful things as a Software Engineer at Science Exchange. Former cancer biologist Elizabeth Iorns founded our company to solve the problem of slow scientific collaboration with an online marketplace for scientific services. We are working hard to build next gen web tools for scientists and accelerate the pace of scientific research. Help guide our technology decisions and write code with a team that loves to learn together.
UX Engineer @ From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWeb Developer @ I was the first dedicated hire to develop Zendesk's corporate website, a core driver of the company's demand generation and customer acquisition. Over the next 3.5 years I supported every digital marketing effort, helping the company grow from 5,000 to over 30,000 customers reaching over 200 million end-users. Highlights include:
- Worked across departments to integrate marketing automation and user behavior tracking (Marketo, Pardot) across our marketing properties, empowering Sales and Marketing to create targeted nurture campaigns and reduce lead duplication.
- Collaborated directly with the Online Marketing director to improve UX to drive conversion and optimize the sales funnel.
- Lead internationalization of the website, developing architecture to launch the website in 5 languages.
- Drove development of Zendesk’s first major website redesign and brand overhaul since founding.
- Lead redesigns of the Product Tour, and UI for top level navigation and search.
- Prototyped an advanced publishing system enabling Content Marketers and Product Marketers to create inbound landing pages from select content approved by Creative.
- Hired awesome people to work with me and building a small team. From March 2010 to September 2013 (3 years 7 months) Customer Care and Web Design Manager @ Sustainable Websites was a tenure exploring my interest in technology and contributing to a healthier a planet. Supervising daily interactions with SW's customer support team, I routinely handled support requests directly on a range of issues, including email routing problems and full site outages, determining an escalation plan when necessary.
In short time I was also providing web design and front-end development services for premium customers on database-driven open CMS frameworks - hand-coding custom themes and templates, and managing full-site backups and restorations to customers - helping SW grow into a full-service web company.
I also redesigned the Sustainable Websites corporate website nearly doubling click-through rates on the homepage. From August 2007 to March 2010 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWeb Consultant @ Shortly after moving to the Bay Area I decided to take my new hobby tinkering with HTML and start a business to help social enterprises and progressive organizations "get online." Folks Pants delivered affordable online marketing solutions to over two dozen clients, including non-profits, publishers, real-estate developers, designers, and small-business owners, taking clients from discovery and planning through design and production.
I configured and wrote front-end code on the major open source CMS platforms of the time, (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla), as well as designed logos, landing pages, and brand programs in partnership with Makewell (http://www.makewellmade.com/). Through a partnership with Sustainable Websites, where I worked part-time, I was (proudly) able to offer affordable hosting and backup plans to non-profs and community organizations at below-market rates.
Urban Peace Movement
New Resource Bank
Rock for Equality From February 2007 to March 2010 (3 years 2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWarehouse Associate @ Awesome experience out of college working with a small team to deliver organic food to Boston residents just as organic consumption started taking off in US markets. Not gonna lie, most of the time I packed boxes and loaded trucks, but was also responsible for updating and maintaining website content (the humble beginnings of a web developer). From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Greater Boston AreaIntern @ http://www.infopeace.org From 2003 to 2003 (less than a year)
BA, Modern Culture and Media @ Brown University From 2000 to 2004 My GED, yo @ Francis W. Parker School From 1993 to 2000 None, Drawing, Painting @ The School of the Art Institute of Chicago Ross Chapman is skilled in: Illustrator, Information Architecture, jQuery, Google Analytics, Web Design, Sales Funnel Optimization, HTML 5, Front-end Coding, Web Development, CSS3, Zendesk, CSS, Front-end, Website Development, Photoshop