Texas Health Resources (Physician Group) @
Nurtur Health @
Texas Woman's University
My professional qualifications include a PhD in Health Studies, and two Master’s degrees, one in Health Systems Management, and the other in Business Administration, a B.S., Cardio Respiratory care and over 18 years of relevant healthcare experience. To complement this background, I possess demonstrated expertise in PMI project management, Master Black Belt Six Sigma, third party administration,
My professional qualifications include a PhD in Health Studies, and two Master’s degrees, one in Health Systems Management, and the other in Business Administration, a B.S., Cardio Respiratory care and over 18 years of relevant healthcare experience. To complement this background, I possess demonstrated expertise in PMI project management, Master Black Belt Six Sigma, third party administration, enrollment expansions, revenue increases through effective marketing and close coordination with Physicians and healthcare management to meet objectives, as well as strong analytical, problem-solving and managerial capabilities.
Along with my Health Studies PhD, I complement this degree as a Certified Health Educator Specialist from NCHEC. I have a track record that demonstrates my ability to grow with the increased demands of full cycle healthcare management.
Specialties: Master Black Belt Six Sigma Certification,
Lean/DFSS Six Sigma Certification,
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) from NCHEC
Registered Respiratory Therapy,
Certified in Methods Evaluation Process through Population Health Impact,
Adjunct Faculty @ • Executed duties and responsibilities in accordance with the school policies and procedures.
• Facilitated learning to students.
• Provided review in course syllabus and curriculum to students.
• Applied active learning methods and utilized various instructional strategies for learners.
• Furnish a quality learning experience for students
• Collaborate with dean or other department heads to meet objectives From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Director, Service Excellence @ The Director of Service Excellence is accountable as directed for all phases of the THR Service Excellence Strategy including directing, planning, developing, prioritizing, implementing, analyzing and reporting. The Director of Service Excellence implements, executes and hardwires evidence-based, prescriptive tools, tactics and techniques to improve clinical, operational and service excellence at the physician group and helps to share and spread best practices across THR.
Using the following attributes to reach the THPG Director Service Excellence Goals:
• Strong coaching/consultative/strategic-thinking skills to provide guidance and resources in the achievement of strategic service excellence goals.
• Experience and expertise in organizational change, strategy and best practice assessment/research and adoption.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (including front line staff, senior management, department leaders, clinical staff and physicians) to creatively solve problems, guide and influence people, effectively manage time, operate as a self-starter by being proactive and assertive.
• Ability to develop and maintain a high level of expertise in the concepts, practice and evolution of service excellence by serving as a trusted subject matter expert and change agent.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines with excellent organizational and project management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience in patient satisfaction data analysis, report preparation with the ability to deliver effective professional presentations to various groups in order to help motivate and inspire improvement.
• Requires knowledge of CG-CAHPS, and other such patient experience surveys in the public domain that impact public reporting and value-based reimbursement. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaProject Manager, Performance Improvement Lean/Six Sigma @ Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals, i.e. KPI's Key Themes, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Develop full scale project plans and associated communication documents.
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
* Track project milestones and deliverables.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
* Conduct post project debriefings to create a recommendations report for identification of successful and unsuccessful project elements
* Set and manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
* Build, develop and grow business relationships necessary to success of the project.
* Lead performance improvement teams
* Develop and present performance improvement reporting to executive leadership From December 2011 to June 2013 (1 year 7 months) Performance Improvement Lean Leader @ • Assist director in development of systems & structure and ongoing improvement of program
•Provide training for yellow belt and green belt six sigma certifications
•Lead Change Acceleration Process/Work-Out Training sessions for THR Health System
• Develop and maintain database to track findings, results and better practices related to project funnel (Kaizens, workouts, and just do its) utlizing Lean DFSS and Green Belt Six Sigma certifications
• Conduct Work-outs identified from project funnel
• Develop and maintain data findings to indicate sustainability from entities after engagement has completed
• Conduct Value Stream Maps, Kaizens, and other facilitating skills to identify and eliminate waste from current process. From June 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 7 months) Performance Improvement Specialist @ •Advance designated Key Performance Indicators through multi-disciplinary teams, COPICs, and Councils.
•Develop, manage project plans and monitor success that reflects evidence based practices, standardization and improvement.
•Based on specialty training, provide operational assessment and integration of improvement activities utilizing TAPE/Baldrige framework.
•Apply specialized skill set for accelerated change and waste reduction, utilizing CAP/WorkOut, to accomplish system’s strategic goals around opportunities for improvement From September 2009 to July 2010 (11 months) Client Services Specialist @ •Recruited to ensure effective communication with clients of employer groups, TPA (third party administrator), union groups and health plans.
•Maintain and increase sales
•Account and Contract Management
•Facilitate all project management by PMI (Project management) guidelines,
•Designated as Wellness Coordinator for employer group.
•Ensure integrated employer accounts with multiple vendors.
•Perform in-depth direction of incentive vendors. From January 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 9 months) Clinical Operation Manager @ •Promoted to ensure compliance with NCQA standards while performing all project management to PMI guidelines.
•Oversaw and directed teams expanding enrollment through national program marketing.
•Performed quality checks on clinical stall resulting in upgraded program enrollment.
•Successfully assisted with maintaining budget/revenues.
•Facilitated communication with field staff, Physicians and Case Managers nationally.
•Tracked and assessed internal/external reports to ensure financial/contract goal completion.
•Orchestrated effective data analysis of managed care organizations showing increase/decrease in productivity and related areas.
•Coordinated with well-known Managed Care Organizations/Account Management From January 2005 to January 2007 (2 years 1 month) Respiratory Care Manager @ •Retained to perform wide-ranging respiratory duties.
•Educated members on disease process and treatment of Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRD) including medications and equipment.
•Successfully expanded enrollment by marketing program and utilizing effective sales training techniques.
•Developed highly positive communication with Nurse Case Manager for appropriate health plans.
•Exhaustively evaluated members’ charts for effective case study documentation utilized for presentation to Associates for Health Plan Accounts. From August 2003 to January 2005 (1 year 6 months) Teamleader, Respiratory Care @ •Brought into organization to ensure and maintain Joint Commission compliance.
•Ensured productivity measures were met
•Assist with Cath Lab Procedures
•Scheduled and prioritized Respiratory Therapist duties.
•Resolved staffing issues with House Supervisor.
•Acted as Staff Therapist.
•Maintained trauma/code arrest guidelines for Respiratory Department.
•Liaisoned with Doctors and Nurses to achieve exceptional patient care.
•Delivered efficient practice respiratory care by utilizing AARC, NBRC, GINA and GOLD standards. From December 2000 to June 2003 (2 years 7 months)
PhD, Health Studies @ Texas Woman's University From 2009 to 2014 MBA, Business Administration @ Texas Woman's University From 2007 to 2008 MHSM, Health Systems Management @ Texas Woman's University From 2007 to 2008 BS, CardioRespiratory Therapy @ University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine From 2004 to 2006 Rosalind Washington is skilled in: Disease Management, Project Management, Managed Care, Healthcare, Healthcare Management, Clinical Research, EHR, Leadership, Data Analysis, Team Building, Public Health, Policy, Healthcare Information Technology, Training, Nursing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension