Richard Thorpe is an international marketing & sales strategist – with a flair for design and visualization, and a proven record of success in creating solutions and campaigns to drive clients´ brand development, market expansion and profitability. Communicative and intuitive, able to establish and sustain relationships with clients, partners and business associates, and lead sales and marketing
Richard Thorpe is an international marketing & sales strategist – with a flair for design and visualization, and a proven record of success in creating solutions and campaigns to drive clients´ brand development, market expansion and profitability. Communicative and intuitive, able to establish and sustain relationships with clients, partners and business associates, and lead sales and marketing teams to achieve exceptional results in complex, intensely competitive markets.
Specialties: Creative, Ideas- Driven, Well-Organised, Persuasive, Strong Technical Skills, Self Starter, Enthusiastic, Team worker, Strong Leader, Strategic.
Group Key Accounts Director @ PHS Group Key Accounts
A member of the senior management team. Managing PHS Groups Key Accounts across: 20 businesses, 270,000 customers, 6000 staff and 140 offices. Increasing growth by cross-selling our 20 business’s within the PHS Group.
PHS is one of the leading workplace services providers, specialising in making your life as a workplace services buyer a lot easier. We offer a wide range of products including Washroom Services, PAT Testing, Mats, Water Coolers, Plant Rental, Data Shredding & more. Great services delivered by great people!
Here's a list of our PHS Group companies and briefly what they do.
• PHS Washrooms - washroom products and services
• PHS Treadsmart - serviced mats
• PHS Greenleaf - interior and exterior landscaping, decorated Christmas trees
• PHS Waterlogic - drinking water dispensers
• PHS Direct - washroom and workplace consumables
• PHS Wastemanagement – healthcare, hazardous and difficult waste management
• PHS Besafe Garment & Laundry Solutions – workwear/workwear laundering
• PHS Allclear - waste collection and disposal for healthcare and leisure markets
• PHS Teacrate - crate rental
• PHS Datashred – confidential waste disposal and recycling
• PHS Recordsmanagement – secure storage, archiving and retrieval of commercial documents
• PHS Interclean - floor cleaning and restoration services
• PHS Compliance – portable appliance and periodic installation testing
• JPen Medical – on-site medical equipment testing and calibration
• PHS Wastekit - baler and compactor rental
• Ascott Design - replica plants and trees for retail/wholesale
• Matta Products - safety surfacing for play, leisure and work environments
• Syncros – entrance matting systems
• Warner Howard – hand dryers From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Wales Committee Member @ Helping to create the strategy and development of the region. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Head of Business Development @ Leading a Team of Marketers, Telemarketers and Business Development Managers. Responsible for the strategy to develop PPM contracts, Reactive contracts and FastTrack projects on a national scale across EIC's eight regional offices.
EIC is one of the fastest, most dynamic mechanical and electrical companies in the UK. With over 1000 engineers, working with EIC will give you complete piece of mind. From April 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 8 months) United KingdomService Sales Manager @ Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS), a leading provider of technical building solutions and service in the UK. Our comprehensive range of integrated building solutions encompasses the design, installation and commissioning of technically advanced Fire & Security, Building Management, Energy, Networks and Refrigeration systems. Our capabilities do not end at the handover of a project. Our maintenance and facility services combined with our technological expertise, customer led approach and nationwide network of highly skilled engineers and technicians brings reliability, responsiveness and reduced risk to your business. From May 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 1 month) United KingdomArea Sales Manager @ Expertise in Fire, Controls, CCTV and M+E make Honeywell the ideal partner for Facilities Managers, providing flexibility to deliver individual elements of maintenance or to assist in total fm. From October 2011 to April 2013 (1 year 7 months) United KingdomCreative Director @ Head of the creative department at an advertising agency. I was responsible for all creative aspects of all advertising campaigns being handled by the agency from concept through to production. I set the tone for the creative philosophy of the advertising agency and the standards for the quality of its workmanship, and was responsible for the effectiveness of all advertising produced by the agency. From July 2009 to September 2011 (2 years 3 months) Business Development Director @ Devising, agreeing and implementing a sales strategy for the overall business, through clinching new orders and supervision of the sales team. Managing and controlling budgets and working as a member of the senior management team to make a contribution to the overall operation of the business. From August 2005 to July 2009 (4 years) United Kingdom
BA (hons) MA2:1, New Media and Business @ University of Wales, Newport From 2003 to 2006 HND, Business & Technology @ University College Bristol From 2001 to 2003 Richard Thorpe is skilled in: New Business Development, Contract Negotiation, Negotiation, Key Account Management, Six Sigma, Solution Selling, Growth Initiatives, Team Leadership, Teamwork, Self Starter, B2B, Marketing Strategy, Management, Facilities Management, Team Management