Strategic Market Development Manager - Industrial Coatings @ PPG Industries
Manager, Procurement Operations @ Highmark
Accomplished diversified global Marketing leader with business experience in: China, India, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, France and Italy. Proven abilities in strategizing and executing marketing initiatives to grow businesses globally, managing global projects to meet strategic objectives, and identifying process improvements in businesses and manufacturing operations. In two years, completed over 22 global marketing studies and
Accomplished diversified global Marketing leader with business experience in: China, India, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, France and Italy. Proven abilities in strategizing and executing marketing initiatives to grow businesses globally, managing global projects to meet strategic objectives, and identifying process improvements in businesses and manufacturing operations. In two years, completed over 22 global marketing studies and presented to senior executives that have identified $29 Billion of market size opportunities for various business units.
As an Operations leader in Procurement, led in a transformation which included technology, strategic system improvements, processes and work-flow changes. Executed strategy and marketing initiatives in the Procurement department to meet internal customer needs which included a gap fit analysis, development of a technology business case and the implementation of a mobile application tool.
Strong core competencies in: operations, strategy and marketing development/deployment, customer relationship building, lean six sigma (continuous improvement), financial analysis, team leadership and delivering results. Strong leadership qualities with the ability to develop personnel, energize, and align employees around new initiatives and goals. Broad-based and hands-on experience includes business development, marketing, procurement, finance, auditing and human resources.
* Strategy and Marketing development/deployment
* Business Development
* Competitive Analysis
* Customer Relationship and Partnership Expertise
* Growth and Innovation
* Change Management
* Project management
* Procurement Operations and Supply Chain Expertise
* Continuous Improvement and Best Practice Sharing
* Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certified
* Financial Acumen
* Cross Functional Team Leadership
Strategic Market Development Manager - Industrial Coatings @ Leading strategy development for market segments to meet internal customer needs:
1. Partnering with Market Segment Managers, Sales and Technical to set key milestones, drive strategy implementation, and achieve segment growth targets.
2. Building and assessing market driven ideas for target segments.
3. Creating strategic marketing business cases which identify value propositions for existing and potentially new products. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Manager, Procurement Operations @ Led and managed a team of 10 professionals who supported $700M of Indirect Spend and had responsibilities on Procurement processes that encompassed spend analytics, data management, contract management, finance, supplier diversity and overall strategic system improvements.
Executed strategy and marketing initiatives to meet internal customer needs with the following results:
1. Conducted a gap fit analysis with Procurement customers and users to understand issues. Completed a market study to identify best practices related to Procurement technology. Reviewed and scored “Request for Proposal (RFP)” documents and conducted system demonstrations to assist in creating a business case to senior executives.
2. Identified, planned and implemented a mobile application tool for all cell phones and tablets to approve requisitions which streamlined processes and improved efficiencies.
3. Identified and created a metrics dashboard for leadership that resulted in a savings of $500K.
4. As a continuous improvement initiative, worked with cross-functional teams to standardize processes. Led the creation and delivery of Procurement training to Highmark subsidiaries and affiliates. From August 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 8 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaMarketing Strategy Development Manager @ Led and managed business units in the visioning of a marketing strategy, development of an economic business case and execution of an aggressive project plan. Created and utilized various tools to help Alcoa business units drive profitable growth by executing strategies and customer plans against market-validated value propositions. From February 2007 to December 2011 (4 years 11 months) Global Sourcing Strategy Manager @ Evaluated processes suitable for transitioning work from North America to Alcoa’s partner in India. Assisted in change management of the impacted departments. The goal of this work was to help reduce the Global Business Services (resource unit) costs by 50% by moving work from high cost to low cost countries. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Manager, HR Location Continuous Improvement @ Communicated and worked with the BU / Locations to build relationships, establish and improve key processes and metrics. Managed eight HR professionals and educated location staff in best practices within HR while applying the Alcoa Business System (ABS) principles. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Manager, HR Process & Metrics @ Actively contributed to a project team to implement HR Shared Services. Led the initiative to create metrics to monitor the budget, forecast, spend and savings of the project. Results included reducing HR costs by 40% (approximately $20 Million) from 2002 – 2004 and standardizing HR systems company wide. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Manager Executive Composition and Benefits @ Developed, implemented and managed Executive Compensation programs for the top 200 people in the Company. These programs supported the Corporate and Business Units strategic objectives. Served as an overall advisor to Executives on their issues and needs in the Executive Compensation area. Managed three executive compensation specialists and participated in their development and growth in this area. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Strategic Sourcing Consultant @ Accountable for over $35 Million in annual spend for the travel commodity. Negotiated and implemented various contracts and projects that have positively contributed to the company’s bottom-line. Benchmarked with companies throughout the United States to find ways to increase savings. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Accounting Supervisor @ Managed, planned and executed financial and operational audits at various domestic and international locations. Evaluated risk, internal controls and continuous improvement for each division visited. Partnered with Corporate Development on a financial review of a joint venture with TaTa Press in India. Assisted in the developing and training of new auditors. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Corporate Auditor & Financial Analyst @ From 1989 to 1996 (7 years)
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance and Marketing @ University of Michigan Monica Sandhu is skilled in: Business Development, Strategic Planning, Competitive Analysis, Business Planning, Program Management, Project Management, Six Sigma, CRM, Supply Chain, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Process Improvement, Leadership, Strategy, Management, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Marketing Strategy, Manufacturing