Accounting and Finance Professional with expertise in Financial Analysis and Reporting, Project Coordination, Peer Training and Development, and Process Creation and Implementation in Fortune 500 companies. Strong follow up skills resulted in met deadlines in numerous project coordination roles with high degrees of accuracy and thoroughness. Highly personable professional with proven team leadership skills aided management with
Accounting and Finance Professional with expertise in Financial Analysis and Reporting, Project Coordination, Peer Training and Development, and Process Creation and Implementation in Fortune 500 companies. Strong follow up skills resulted in met deadlines in numerous project coordination roles with high degrees of accuracy and thoroughness. Highly personable professional with proven team leadership skills aided management with peer coaching and training to position site to have the most qualified and trained associates. Proficient procedure developer with advanced analytical skills resulted in more effective procedures that accelerated the learning curve by incorporating backgrounds to each topic item in addition to the step by step process.
Lead Accountant @ Lead Accountant over Corporate Receivables leading a team of Accounting Specialists and Accountant. Managing Billings, Payments, Corporate Deposits, Vendor Collections Dispute Resolution, forecasting, KPI, BS and P and L Analytics, Approving and Posting Journal Entries, Certifying Account Reconciliations From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Senior Accountant -Treasury @ Treasury and Sales Audit accounting From May 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 2 months) Senior Accountant - Sales Audit @ Account for sales and tender of pet supply company with over 1100 locations.Reconciliation of Sales Audit system and GL. Reconciliation of bank accounts. Maintenance and reconcilation of gift cards and credit cards. Oversight of variance/over & short process and reporting. Oversight of store polling issues for accurate sales & tender reporting. Set up of new credit card merchant accounts for new store set ups with Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover and Telecheck provideres. Credit card analysis; Sales analysis; P&L analysis; gift card analysis; Maintain the reconciliation application. Receive and import into the reconciliation system POS book deposits and bank BAI files. Utilization of MS Access to process and analyze large amounts of data and produce reporting. Key contributor to selection of new Treasury/Reconciliation system, new Sales Audit system, and new POS system. Provide development and training assistance to fellow associates in Sales Audit, General Accounting, Treasury, Inventory Accounting, and Advertising Accounting. From July 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 11 months) San Antonio, Texas AreaSenior Accountant @ Assists with the management and direction of the Accounting department. Specific areas of expertise:
• Senior Accountant for Frost & Sullivan, a profit organization; Sole Accountant for Frost & Sullivan Institute, SCIP division, a non-profit organization.
• Cash management, cash forecasting, wires/ACH/EFT transactions, online business banking, cash reconciliations, and loan amortization schedules.
• Sales taxes. State and Federal Corporate Income Taxes, Business Personal Property Taxes, Corporate Certifications, D&B Account Monitoring
• Global allocations, transfer pricing, deferred revenues, invoicing revenues, event accounting
• User and Administrative levels of expertise on MS Dynamics SL and MS Dynamics GP accounting systems and FRX report writer.
• Reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, P&L generation and analysis, financial reporting, financial statement preparation, P&L research, dispute resolution on P&Ls, and P&L distribution. From November 2009 to July 2011 (1 year 9 months) San Antonio, Texas AreaSenior Accountant @ Maintained accounting records for individual U.S. and non-U.S. investment clients and/or fund accounts managed by The Capital Group. Reconciled cash activity between The Capital Group's and custodian bank's records on a daily basis and share position and price on a monthly basis. Supported the trade securities function through daily cash projections and share availability checks. Closed monthly activity through validation of accounting records and review of client statements. Researched and resolved past due income and expense. Prepared various client requests. Analyzed the account's Net Asset Value for fund accounts. Prepared annual audited financial statements for fund accounts. From March 2005 to April 2009 (4 years 2 months) Sr. Accounting Manager @ Financial Analysis, Financial reporting, Managed the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Sales Receivables, Staff Accountants departments From March 2001 to March 2005 (4 years 1 month)
BS, Accounting @ State University of New York College at Plattsburgh From 1990 to 1993 Melisia Padilla Perez is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Coaching, Process Development, Accounting, Problem Analysis, Innovative problem solver, Attention to detail, Internal Controls, Account Reconciliation, Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Financial Statements, Training, Accounts Receivable, Process Simulation
Looking for a different
Melisia Padilla Perez?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension