Senior Aide & Project Manager @ The Office of Sean Eldridge and Chris Hughes
I'm a partnerships and business development professional with over five years of experience working across sectors and issues to advance social impact. In each of my roles, my work has focused on ensuring everyone has equal access to opportunity. I have a passion for understanding how new technology and emerging, mission-driven organizations can unlock greater opportunity for
I'm a partnerships and business development professional with over five years of experience working across sectors and issues to advance social impact. In each of my roles, my work has focused on ensuring everyone has equal access to opportunity. I have a passion for understanding how new technology and emerging, mission-driven organizations can unlock greater opportunity for more people than ever before. I'm an effective communicator and team player who enjoys developing solutions to complex problems, identifying the systems and models that help make organizations more successful, and managing multiple high-impact projects. I pride myself on being a self-directed, big-picture thinker who produces strong work and drives teams toward important milestones. At Purpose, I'm at the front lines of developing innovative partnerships that are growing Purpose's impact and empowering our corporate, nonprofit, and foundation partners to put purpose and participation at the core of what they do.
Specialities: participatory campaigns and movements, strategic partnerships, business development and new business, marketing, business pipeline management, project management, current affairs, innovation trends, public policy analysis, political communications, research and analysis
Manager, Partnerships @ Driven by people, enabled by technology: Purpose builds movements and new power models to tackle the world's biggest problems. A proud public benefit corporation, we create and launch our own ventures, collaborate with the world's leading organizations and develop technology, tools and content that move millions to remake the world.
What we do:
• Start our own movements: We create new organizations and ventures where mass participation and collective action can unlock meaningful change.
• Work with others: As a strategy consultancy and creative agency, we collaborate with progressive companies, nonprofits and philanthropies—helping them put purpose and participation at the core of what they do.
• Create crowd-based tools: We develop cutting-edge technology and digital platforms that enable people around the world to build their own power. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaAssociate, Partnerships @ From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaSenior Aide & Project Manager @ The family office of Sean Eldridge & Chris Hughes.
• Coordinated Sean Eldridge & Chris Hughes's political and charitable giving.
• Researched and wrote landscape analyses on not-for-profit sectors.
• Oversaw the logistics of fundraising events for prominent federal candidates and not-for-profit organizations.
• Provided organizational support to two organizations founded by Sean Eldridge: Protect Our Democracy, an advocacy group that worked to pass comprehensive campaign finance reform in New York State, and Hudson River Ventures, a small business investment fund focused on the Hudson Valley.
*Promoted from Special Assistant for Nonprofit and Political Giving in March 2013. From March 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 7 months) Greater New York City AreaContractor @ Sean Eldridge's campaign for U.S. Congress in New York's 19th Congressional District.
• Monitored press and conducted policy research and analysis
• Wrote and edited campaign materials
• Handled operations, including setting up employee payroll / benefits and overseeing compliance From February 2013 to August 2013 (7 months) Greater New York City AreaFellow @ The New Leaders Council (NLC) Institute is the premier leadership training and professional development initiative for progressive, young professionals. It's a five-month, highly-selective fellowship that trains individuals on the fundamentals of not-for-profit and political entrepreneurship, admitting only 15 to 20 fellows to each program.
• Served as a fellow in NLC NYC's Class of 2013.
• Subsequently serving as an NLC Advisory Board Member and a member of the NLC Recruitment Committee. From 2013 to 2013 (less than a year) Greater New York City AreaGovernment Affairs Intern @ The Center for American Progress (CAP) is an independent nonpartisan educational institute dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through progressive ideas and action.
• Closely monitored legislative process; sent daily briefs to all CAP staff
• Prepared CAP materials for congressional briefings and hearings
• Conducted day-to-day government research for various CAP policy teams, including economy, immigration, energy, and executive. From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaFull-time Summer Intern, Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer @ The Washington D.C. Office of Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer.
• Attended briefings and compiled research reports for legislative staff.
• Communicated with constituents; organized and relayed their concerns to
Congressman Hoyer and his staff. From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
B.A., Self-Design Major in Public Policy @ New York University Maxwell Zorick is skilled in: Non-profits, Politics, Event Planning, Public Policy, Research, Nonprofits
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension