I know ReMetrica inside out, having worked in its development and support team for over five years. Additionally, I have real world experience using it on the client side; so you get the best of both worlds, an intimate knowledge of ReMetrica as well as an understanding and working experience with the challenges faced by companies building
I know ReMetrica inside out, having worked in its development and support team for over five years. Additionally, I have real world experience using it on the client side; so you get the best of both worlds, an intimate knowledge of ReMetrica as well as an understanding and working experience with the challenges faced by companies building real capital/pricing models.
My experience building Capital and Pricing models in ReMetrica includes:
- From data mining and input preparation, to model building and documentation.
- Model building both, using automation for building models with many similar structures and manual construction of unique elements.
- Customisation of ReMetrica by programming custom components that:
- Incorporate custom logic into models.
- Simplify existing models by synthesising the logic of several components into a single custom one.
- Conduct sensitivity, stability and other tests in order to validate models.
- Document the whole model building/maintenance procedure.
I also have experience validating existing models following various regulatory guidelines.
I have been involved in projects developing and establishing validation policies as well as revamping the documentation policies for previous employers.
ReMetrica Support @ From September 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomRisk and Capital Modeller @ As a Capital Modelling contractor, I am to help companies build and maintain their Capital, Pricing and Enterprise Risk Management models. From July 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) London, United KingdomActuarial Consultant @ My main role at Kiln is to bring ReMetrica expertise to the team and help them comply with various submissions (including to the Board), deliver presentations to other departments of the company and keep up with the Model Improvement Plan. My duties included:
• ReMetrica model improvements: I analysed the model and helped optimise it, mainly by identifying areas where the model could be simplified, while ensuring the outputs remained consistent. I also used my extensive modelling experience to implement new business logic in the model; this included automating ReMetrica and authoring custom components to conduct specific tasks.
• ReMetrica upgrade from v.5 to v.6: Taking advantage of my familiarity with ReMetrica, I suggested and implemented a migration to updated components for certain aspects of the company’s models, analysing the impact of the upgrade, reconciling any changes to the outputs. After testing various alternatives I helped senior management decide the degree to which an upgrade was desirable for deployment for the production version of the model.
• Model review and reconciliation: I helped the team reconcile the inputs and outputs of various areas in the model, this led to identifying areas where it was not behaving as expected and to introducing the corresponding corrections, and consequently the team now has a better understanding of and more trust in the model.
• I ran weekly knowledge-exchange sessions, in order to transfer some of my expertise to other team members. From January 2014 to August 2014 (8 months) London, United KingdomActuarial Analyst for Risk Analytics Team @ I joined XL Group in their central actuarial function in order to help them migrate their models to a Solvency 2 framework as the company had recently re-domiciled to Europe.
My position in XL broadened my understanding of the role of analytics and capital modelling within a (re)insurance company, and gave me the opportunity to develop my business sense. I worked closely with other areas of the company, requesting information and presenting results to various stakeholders. I was also involved in dealing with regulatory submissions and compliance.
• I capitalised on my ReMetrica experience by building and maintaining capital models for several of the legal entities (both insurance and reinsurance), including preparing results reports and documentation for presentations to the Board and submission to regulators.
• I also used my familiarity with ReMetrica to update, optimise and build customisations for several models used throughout the company.
• I conducted validation work on models developed by other teams and communicated my findings to the board and other stakeholders. I also contributed to the development of the validation strategy used company-wide.
• I assisted in the design of policies in preparation for adapting the company’s models to the Solvency 2 framework. This included designing validation strategies, as well as reporting and documentation templates.
• My duties focused mainly on underwriting risk, but I was also involved in Cat and reserve risk tasks. From July 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomHead of Risk Software Technical Stream @ Support users both, internal and external, in the use of our software, mainly ReMetrica and CRAFT.
Develop custom components, macros and other customisations for our software to aid our users.
Lead developer for CRAFT, our Curve Fitting Tool.
Train users, both internal and external, locally and abroad, in the use of our software.
Deliver software presentations and demos to potential users. From May 2007 to June 2012 (5 years 2 months) London, United KingdomTechnical Translator @ From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Translator @ From June 1999 to December 1999 (7 months)
Luis Solorzano is skilled in: Reinsurance, General Insurance, Solvency II, Actuarial Science, Enterprise Risk Management, Catastrophe Modeling, Insurance, ReMetrica, VBA, Property & Casualty Insurance, ALM, Risk Management, Financial Risk, Risk Analysis, Underwriting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension