Latin America Export Sales Manager @ LeMaitre Vascular
Case Manager @ BCFS Health & Human Services
Sales Operations Lead @ DePuy Synthes Companies
Bilingual sales and marketing professional with profound experience in successfully opening emerging markets, establishing exceptional personal relationships with stakeholders, and amassing impressive sales results in emerging markets. Proven track record in capital equipment sales, medical device, and disposable sales. Responsible for handling key opinion leader management, international sales, vascular therapies, account management, direct operations in emerging markets,
Bilingual sales and marketing professional with profound experience in successfully opening emerging markets, establishing exceptional personal relationships with stakeholders, and amassing impressive sales results in emerging markets. Proven track record in capital equipment sales, medical device, and disposable sales. Responsible for handling key opinion leader management, international sales, vascular therapies, account management, direct operations in emerging markets, and attending over 1000 cases in the OR and cath-lab. Experience in training operating room staff in sterilization for orthopedic power tools, arthroscopes, and the use of endoscopic visualization equipment. Built a cadre of exceptional relationships in Latin America with cardiologists, endovascular and orthopedic surgeons, and also hospital administrators and health insurance companies. Highly skilled in understanding the multilateral decision making process of medical devices in Latin America and the process of market access in Latin America. Innovative, versatile, and dedicated up-and-coming professional providing 9 years of business experience acquired within the medical devices industry in Latin America and the Caribbean. Native English and Spanish speaker.
Capital Equipment Sales
Literature and Writing
Regional Sales Manager Latin America @ From August 2014 to July 2015 (1 year) Latin AmericaTerritory Manager @ Assigned the task of discerning the entire cardiovascular market in Dominican Republic, and of switching the business model from distributor to a direct model. Built strong relationships with the presidents of the Dominican Cardiology Society, Caribbean Endovascular Society, Dominican Endocrinologists, and Cardiovascular Surgeons Society. Travelled with more than 65 physicians to 12 different countries for education workshops, Medtronic led events, or 3rd party congresses. Mapped out the cardiovascular market in 6 months, which brought the executive leadership team to Dominican Republic. Lived as an expat in Dominican Republic and travelled more than 100% of the time. Led sales through KOL and stakeholder relationship building, reached quota on 4 consecutive quarters, where the company went through 4 reorganizations, and reported to 5 different managers in 3 years. The average quota per quarter was of 550,000 USD.
• Created a market development plan during first 90 days to understand the reimbursement pattern in Dominican Republic.
• Improved market perception in Dominican Republic of brand image through referral dinners between KOLs and different societies like the Endocrinologists society, this was in an effort to raise the endovascular therapy awareness and get the KOL more patients.
• Directed programs with the payers to VIP visits at the manufacturing plants to raise therapy awareness with payers for endovascular and innovative procedures.
• Working together with the local distributor, we rebuilt cardiovascular stent business in Trinidad and Tobago going from 320k to 480k in our second year.
• Netted over 300k in direct sales in the Dominican Republic and opened up a new distributor after having the same one for the last 28 years. From September 2011 to August 2014 (3 years) Caribbean BasinProduct Specialist Endoscopy and Instruments @ • Achieved $125,000 quota out of 120k in 2008 on a three month assignment.
• Achieved $180,000 quota out of 140k in 2010 on a four month assignment.
• Attended to 650 surgeries, which covered laparoscopy, colonoscopy, knee and hip replacement, knee and shoulder arthroscopy, trauma, ent, vein harvesting, spine, and vertibroplasty.
• Coached operating room personnel on how to use Stryker power tools and endoscopy towers.
• Supported sales by managing demo, and loaner equipment for 60 hospitals
• Worked with the technical service manager to develop SOPs for repairs, loaners, PERs, and trainings for biomedics.
• Trained in-coming CS personnel on how to use our QAD system to process orders.
• Learned operations and worked closely with our 3PL partner to facilitate the operations process for capital equipment and disposable orders
• Handled all inventory orders, and kept the DII under 45 days.
• Prepared sales projections and used financial data to successfully forecast future consumption trends and new product movement
• Used pivot tables to help order inventory for spare parts to ignite our beds and stretchers
• Collected over $250,000 in past due account with the help of operating room, purchasing agents, and hospital administrators
• Strong knowledge of financial indicators and product portfolio allowed Puerto Rico to grow exponentially in the disposable business.
• Developed a use for consumption program in arthroscopy blades and cutters which netted over $450,000 in disposables and over $360,000 in endoscopy towers.
• Managed 9 orthopedic distributors in 5 different Andean countries.
• Provided support 4 orthopedic distributors in 4 different Central American and Caribbean country.
• Travelled, and built professional relationships in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Venezuela, and Trinidad and Tobago. From July 2007 to September 2011 (4 years 3 months) San Juan, Puerto RicoMen's and Women's Head Soccer Coach [U20 and U17] @ U-20 Men's Team Achieved the Best Defense of a 13 team tourney [9 goals allowed].
Held opponents to .75 goals per game
Scored 25 goals per game which is an average of 2.1 goals per game.
Played classical football with the ball going through a block system, and always using a horizontal approach to the orientarion of ball movement with short and crisp combination passing to open up spaces in the final third of the field. All of the results were with amateur players with no prior soccer experience on 11v11 field.
U20 Men's Team 7-3-1 4th Place Finish on Standings. Disputing Semi-Finals against Quintana 5/28/2011.
U17 Women's team 4-1-2 3rd Place Finish out of 6 teams. Lost in Semis.
Pro Bono head coaching jobs to gain experience in the field of coaching From January 2008 to January 2010 (2 years 1 month) San Juan, Puerto RicoHead Basketball Coach @ Coach U11 Kids Basketball. From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months)
BA, International Relations and Business, , and English with Creative Writing @ Albion College From 2001 to 2006 B.A., International Law, , Commerce, , Finance @ Universidad Metropolitana From 2004 to 2005 Kenny Cardozo is skilled in: Leadership, International Relations, Result Oriented, Public Speaking, Coaching, Medical Devices, Orthopedic, International Sales, Business Model Analysis, Distributor Management, Market Development, Market Assessments, Return on Investment..., Capital Equipment Sales, Market Research, Team Leadership, Healthcare, Distributed Team..., Endoscopy, Management, Surgical Instruments, Spine, Disposables, Training, Capital Equipment, Surgery, Sales, Account Management, Interventional..., Hospitals, Interventional Radiology, Surgeons, Vascular, Cath Lab, Product Launch, Cardiac Surgery, Pacemakers, Cold Calling, Global Marketing, Orthopedics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension