Research Staff Member in Image Processing @ Mayachitra, Inc.
Research and Teaching Assistant @ University of California Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) @
National Institute of Technology Surat
Anyone with diabetes is vulnerable to blindness that can progress without any pain or discomfort. The condition, called diabetic retinopathy, is completely preventable if identified early, and yet it is the biggest cause of blindness in adult working age population. Eyenuk has developed EyeArt, a fully automated diabetic retinopathy screening software which will go a long way
Anyone with diabetes is vulnerable to blindness that can progress without any pain or discomfort. The condition, called diabetic retinopathy, is completely preventable if identified early, and yet it is the biggest cause of blindness in adult working age population. Eyenuk has developed EyeArt, a fully automated diabetic retinopathy screening software which will go a long way in preventing vision loss in this large growing population with diabetes.
I am currently the CEO and Founder of Eyenuk, Inc. where I am leading the business development, marketing, and product development for various image analysis products, including Eyenuk’s pioneering diabetic retinopathy screening software, EyeArt. At Eyenuk, we have raised over $3.84 million in prestigious grant funding from the National Institutes of Health. I also oversaw the regulatory approval in Europe (CE Marking) for EyeArt.
With over 14 years in image analysis industry, I keenly understand the retinal and medical image analysis industry’s evolving landscape. I remain active in publishing cutting-edge research at conferences and journals, and am regularly invited to be part of technical program committees of international conferences. I have co-authored an edited book, as well as book chapters.
Previously, I was Member of Research Staff at Mayachitra, Inc. where I joined as one of the first engineers and helped grow the company more than five-fold. At Mayachitra, I led the development of key products from concept to commercialization. Over my career I have won grant award worth more than $5.5 million.
Outside of Eyenuk, as an expert in medical image analysis, computer vision, image/video recognition, information hiding and steganography, I am frequently invited as a guest speaker at conferences and events and to serve in PhD thesis committees.
Chief Executive Officer @ Leading researchers and engineers in developing and commercializing high-throughput automated analysis software products for medical images.
* Overseeing the design and development of products in automated retinal image analysis, including the pioneering EyeArt software for high-throughput screening of diabetic retinopathy.
* Developing and implementing the regulatory pathway for Eyenuk’s products, including overseeing the CE Marking of EyeArt within a short period of time.
* Raised/won more than $3.8 million in prestigious grant funding from the National Institutes of Health.
* Developing and expanding critical partnerships including with leading eye institutes, device manufacturers, distributors, and PACS and EHR software vendors.
* Setting marketing and sales strategy, and developing relationships with crucial customers worldwide, including in the US, UK, Italy, India, and several others.
* Leading the research and development of cutting-edge innovative technologies, and creating a formidable intellectual property portfolio comprised of 4 issued + 3 pending patents and several
more in the queue. From December 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) Research Staff Member in Image Processing @ Mayachitra is a small technology company (~10 employees, most with PhD) focused on developing state-of-the-art image informatics technologies for defense, biotech, and GIS markets.
• Basic research and development of software tools and libraries for content based image search, activity-based video retrieval, interactive query refinement, automated scene understanding, and image registration/panorama creation.
• Architect and developer for image search backend library, VIS (visual indexing and search), that allows interactive search over massive image database.
• Developed highly innovative algorithms for automated video analysis, including background estimation, moving object detection, object tracking, and activity description, for (highly challenging) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) video.
• As principal investigator of 5 SBIR/STTR projects, led a team to transition ideas into working prototypes (in phase I) and then into useful products/libraries (in phase II).
• Experience in all the steps involved in transitioning state of the art image analysis technology to commercial products, going from equations to web/desktop apps. From November 2005 to November 2010 (5 years 1 month) Santa Barbara, California AreaResearch and Teaching Assistant @ • Conducted pioneering research in multimedia data hiding, an interdisciplinary field involving image processing, digital communication, and information theory.
• Proposed theoretically well-grounded robust information embedding techniques that were considered state of the art in image data hiding by respected peers. Proposed a provably-secure steganographic scheme.
• Courses taught: Probability and Statistics, Random Processes in Engineering, Digital Image Processing, and Linear Algebra. From September 2000 to October 2005 (5 years 2 months) Santa Barbara, California Area
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering @ University of California, Santa Barbara From 2000 to 2005 Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Electronics Enginering @ National Institute of Technology Surat From 1996 to 2000 Kendriya Vidyalaya From 1984 to 1996
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension