Educational Sales Consultant @ McGraw-Hill School Education
Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education and Teaching @
Indiana University Bloomington
An education professional with extensive experience teaching both child and adult learners and managing and training teachers and administrators for a variety of best classroom practices, school programs and district initiatives, including training with technology. In addition, experience working in educational publishing and e-learning as an educational sales consultant and product trainer with experience performing on-site installations
An education professional with extensive experience teaching both child and adult learners and managing and training teachers and administrators for a variety of best classroom practices, school programs and district initiatives, including training with technology. In addition, experience working in educational publishing and e-learning as an educational sales consultant and product trainer with experience performing on-site installations and diagnostics of software and compuiter hardware. Knowledge and proficiency working with Windows and using application software including Office, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and learning management systems (Moodle and Blackboard). Strengths include both written and verbal communication, time management skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently and work both independently and as a team player.
Sales Consultant @ From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Support Training Specialist @ Performed on-site installations, diagnostics and troubleshooting of software and computer hardware, training teachers and administrators on the software program and facilitating discussions with school and district technology personnel on technical requirements and procedures. In addition, I was responsible for proactive school visits to provide support and increase product usage. From February 2012 to September 2012 (8 months) Educational Sales Consultant @ Delivered high quality sales presentations to teachers, principals and district administrators, provided product training of educational print and digital products, conducted professional education workshops, and attended local, state and national conferences and meetings. Interfaced with customers and peers in all aspects of the customer life cycle from the sales to the implementation, including additional follow up support by 20%.
* Applied consultative selling strategies to existing customers which resulted in customers buying an average of
$5,000 worth of additional products.
* Developed relationships with key customers to maintain business and create customer loyalty, thus driving
sales in assigned territories by 25%.
* Assisted sales reps in assigned territories to meet and surpass sales goal by as much 22%. From January 2009 to December 2011 (3 years) Adjunct Instructor @ Duties included teaching graduate level Reading Courses to teachers and administrators, facilitating discussions, leading group activities, using various forms of technology to aid in the teaching process and evaluating presentations and written assignments from graduate students.
* Helped successfully prepare cohorts for graduation and reading certification.
* Volunteered additional time to answer questions and provide individual student support From January 2008 to March 2009 (1 year 3 months) Literacy Consultant for Reading Intervention Program @ Literacy Consultant for Reading Intervention Program
Helped to implement a high profile account working with Chicago Public High School teachers in an after school literacy program. Primary responsibility was to train and support teachers while modeling and conferencing with teachers and program coordinators.
* Raised literacy scores in 70% of assigned High Schools. From August 2008 to December 2008 (5 months) Literacy Consultant @ Provided professional development for probationary elementary school in Chicago. Duties included meeting with literacy coach and administrators to help coordinate the literacy program, and working with classroom teachers to
provide literacy support through modeling, observations, feedback and grade level meetings.
* Helped to support and deepen the understanding of teacher's use of McGraw-Hill reading series.
* Contributed to students achieving almost 10% gain in literacy scores on the Illinois Standards and
Achievement Test. From January 2005 to June 2006 (1 year 6 months) Reading Specialist @ Worked closely with administration as part of the school leadership team and helped to facilitate the literacy program as a Reading First literacy coordinator. Acted as liaison between the teachers and administration in regards to the Reading program, consulted regularly with new teachers and observed, modeled and provided feedback and guided teachers through activities and lessons using best practices and sound strategies. Worked closely with administration to analyze data to drive instruction and plan intervention accordingly.
* Worked closely with probationary staff at a failing school using Success For All Reading and saw a 9% rise in
literacy scores during a six month assignment at the school.
* Successfully motivated resistant teachers in a challenging inner city school by mentoring and coaching
individual teachers in classrooms with struggling students.
* Instrumental in writing and winning the Reading First Grant for assigned elementary school From January 2001 to May 2005 (4 years 5 months) Classroom Teacher @ Taught all subjects to children in grades K-4 with various levels of ability, including children with learning disabilities. Facilitated a literacy program, "Read, Write Well" which enabled teachers to produce more competent writers and participated in the Chicago Area Writing Project. Facilitated and taught after school intervention programs, volunteered before school providing individual tutoring sessions to students and taught and coordinated summer school programs for seven years.
* Chosen Outstanding New Teacher by colleagues during first year of teaching .
* Wrote and won a number of classroom grants including the Rochelle Lee Grant, Munching on Math,
and Literature Through Art which awarded recipients generous classroom stipends for books and classroom From January 1990 to June 2001 (11 years 6 months)
Master of Arts @ Reading Education Northeastern Illinois UniversityBachelor of Science, Elementary Education and Teaching @ Indiana University BloomingtonElementary Education and Teaching @ Northern Illinois UniversityYork High School Julie Sarti is skilled in: Curriculum Design, Educational Leadership, Staff Development, Classroom, Teacher Training, Teaching, Literacy, Training, Tutoring, Coaching, K-12, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Data Analysis, Technology Integration
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension