Highly dynamic and strategic results oriented certified procurement professional (CPM) with 20+ years of experience with sourcing, category management, negotiations, cross functional team leadership and effective stakeholder management. Outstanding record of achievement for implementing new business concepts and delivering innovative solutions that add sustainable value. Successful in identifying opportunities for maximum cost savings, realizing them through improvement
Highly dynamic and strategic results oriented certified procurement professional (CPM) with 20+ years of experience with sourcing, category management, negotiations, cross functional team leadership and effective stakeholder management. Outstanding record of achievement for implementing new business concepts and delivering innovative solutions that add sustainable value. Successful in identifying opportunities for maximum cost savings, realizing them through improvement to the bottom line and growth in the top line. Recognized as a change agent and collaborative leader who builds strong customer and supplier relationships. Experienced at influencing at all levels of an organization.
● Category Management ● Strategic Sourcing
● Project Management ● Change Management
● Value Engineering ● Stakeholder Engagement
● Communication/Presentation Skills ● Supplier Relationship Management
● Risk Management ● Contract Management
● Green Belt Certified ● Negotiations
Director Global Sourcing @ •Responsible for Global Indirect Spend >$200K+; total savings for 2014 is $5MM
•Manage Accenture Relationship to deliver $3MM in savings for 3 year agreement (thru 2016) for
outsourcing Procurement services; achieved $1M in savings and value generation the first year
•Define strategic business plans for indirect and direct sourcing categories for global reach thru
category Management, defining key business requirements, innovation, sustainability and quality
for long term Strategic programs
•Development of Supplier Relationship Management Program
•Manage and support cross functional teams utilizing category management to develop and
implement key Sourcing strategies globally (Lab Asset Maintenance, Travel, Lab Supplies &
Services, Gowning, chemical sourcing, etc.)
•Developing knowledge repository process for executed contracts, NDA’s, Amendments, etc. to
allow for global use of agreements b/w sourcing professionals and operations
•Strong communication skills promoting cooperation and commitment within a team and business
partners to achieve goals and deliverables for the business From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Sr. Sourcing Manager for Lab Supplies, Services & Equipment @ • Defined strategy and business plan for Lab Supplies, Services & Equipment category globally for
• Responsible for Category Spend $165MM globally, an increase of 11% from 2012 due to increased
cross sector alignment and strategy optimization.
• Optimized the supplier base (45% reduction) and streamlined spend to strategic supplier(s)
• Increased standardization and efficiencies within the category.
• Identified 10% of scientist’s time sourcing Lab Supplies, Services and Equipment, created a lean lab
bench (5S Lean methodology) and increased assurance of supply for a savings of $20MM total for the
• Global supplier relationship manager for key strategic supplier, with spend of $70MM ($165MM total
spend for Category).
• Development and management of Strategic Diverse partnership within the category. Achieved $500K
diverse spend to contribute to organizational goals
• Member of the Global Pharm Sourcing sustainability team. Identified and led (2) sustainable initiatives
directly relating to lab supplies category.
• Effectively manages cross sector (Pharma, MD&D & Consumer) partnering to bring increased value
• Strong business partner engagement to develop a strong working relationship and trust, overcoming any
challenge and ensuring the needs of the business are met and measurable. From November 2009 to September 2013 (3 years 11 months) Chair for Supply Chain Committee @ Supply Chain Committe Chair for 2010-2011. Responsible for annual Sourcing Summit Education Program. From November 2010 to December 2012 (2 years 2 months) Vice Chair Supply Chain Committee @ Vice-Chair of the DCAT Supply Chain Management Committee and is the first J&J employee to hold this seat. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Sr. Manager for Drug Pharmaceutical Development (DPD) @ • Directed strategic initiative to establish a presence in the emerging markets for analytical and formulation
services for the Drug Product Development function.
• Established legally approved contracts for the emerging markets to include specific IP related language
with specific protection of processes and proprietary information.
• Successfully managed cross functional teams and proficient in the use of the Category Management
process to develop, organize and analyze the implementation of key category sourcing strategies
• Achieved savings of $7.8MM on $42MM spend (or 19%) with 96% of savings as cost reduction
• Attained Green Belt status with the creation of an intricate full time employee (FTE) allocation model to
determine the internal baseline budgets to compare against supplier prices. The initiative yielded a cost
savings of 60% by outsourcing the analytical and formulation activities within the emerging markets. From February 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 10 months) Sourcing Manager @ • Global responsibilities for the category management of the Drug Product Development outsourcing
initiative and US Comparator supply initiative.
• Championed procurement best practices, new tools and processes to peers and GPS management.
• Developed strategic RFI to submit to over 30 suppliers to gather Market Intelligence, supplier capabilities
• Developed business relationships with key senior management within Chem Pharm Drug Product
Development and engaged senior stakeholders and business partners around Category Management
process and deliverables. From December 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 3 months) Sr. Sourcing Analyst @ • Procurement team leader responsible for the Category Management Process for several various
• Direct Procurement experience in Construction and Services, Maintenance, Operations & Repair parts,
MRL Equipment, Pharmaceutical Equipment and Robotics.
• Responsible for large Capital Construction Projects, $45K to $200M, specifically for Research, Site,
Utility and Office buildings.
• Achieved $8M in savings for 2005 and 2006 through standardization, negotiations and leveraging spend
across all North American sites.
• Co-Led cross functional teams responsible for providing procurement/commercial guidance for several
corporate teams to include; Workload Initiative, Contracts Standardization, Counterfeiting Special
Project, and Biz Contracts Team.
• Developed and Implemented supplier value management initiatives to coordinate the overall
expectations and requirements of the project and Sourcing Teams for the development of performance
metrics to ensure supplier processes are properly managed and maintained.
• Organized successful supplier forums to include Pharma equipment, tooling and roller compacting
suppliers to align organizational, long-term, savings strategies.
• Trained suppliers on the Category Management process, year over year savings, lean manufacturing and
capital effectiveness strategies.
• Negotiated and implemented strategic agreements and interim strategies across responsible
commodities as needed.
• Sourced commodities through combination of strategic partnering, negotiations, and electronic sourcing tools (B2E and ARIBA).
• Proficient in the use several research tools (PROQUEST, EBSCOhost, Datamonitor, Business Source Premier) for benchmarking to gain further insight to internal and external markets to help align business strategies. From July 1999 to December 2006 (7 years 6 months) Site Contracts Administrator assigned to Merck & Co. @ • Project Procurement Leader for all MRL Capital and site projects.
• Managed and developed procurement cost data for MRL Research and Office Capital projects
proposals, including accurate man-hour budgets, incentive plans and savings reports.
• Facilitated and led the commercial relationship between Merck and two (2) Architectural Firms and two
(2) Construction firms to help facilitate better communication between the companies, improve
inefficiencies, assess current and future workload and ensure timely and accurate submission of project
• Management of Construction Project teams to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting of diversity
metrics, transaction logs, incentive plan tracking, change order status, cost savings and
Subcontract/Project Closeout reports. From July 1998 to July 1999 (1 year 1 month) Procurement and Contract Analyst @ • Responsible for Pharmaceutical and BioTech Construction Projects
• Active Management of Construction Project teams to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting of
diversity metrics, transaction logs, incentive plan tracking, change order status, cost savings and
Subcontract/Project Closeout reports.
• Formulated and administered multiple contracts for communication & transportation, safety services,
related commodities and electrical bulk materials. From May 1996 to July 1998 (2 years 3 months) Contracts Purchasing Agent @ • Contracts Purchasing Agent for Procurement and Expediting Department responsible for various large
capital projects on behalf of major Petrochemical/Oil Companies
• Responsible for various internal procurement functions for a joint venture between Bechtel and Itochu
specializing in small (< $10 million) modular capital projects
• Formulated and administered multiple contracts for communication & transportation, safety services,
related commodities and piping materials From September 1990 to May 1996 (5 years 9 months)
BS, Marketing @ Philadelphia University From 1986 to 1991 MBA, Global Management @ University of Phoenix From 2006 to 2007 Diploma @ CB East From 1983 to 1986 Julie MBA is skilled in: Project Management, Management, Data Analysis, Supply Chain Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategy, Procurement, Process Improvement, Outsourcing, Six Sigma, Supply Chain, Change Management, Purchasing, Sourcing, Strategic Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension