My personal motto is "Make the user happy." The success or failure of a software product depends on the users'
My personal motto is "Make the user happy." The success or failure of a software product depends on the users' willingness to use it. When I approach a project, I try to put myself in the mindset of a propspective user. I try to learn about the subject matter of the software.
We've all used software that we hate. My goal is to avoid that experience.
Senior Software Engineer @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Senior Software Engineer @ - Served as a lead engineer overseeing three junior engineers.
- Performed extensive work on ROAMmerchant (merchant-facing web application) and REST-based web service API.
- Implemented a major re-design of the ROAMmerchant front-end using jQuery, LESS, and Handlebars.js.
Participated in all stages of UI design process: paper prototyping, wireframing, usability testing, and implementation.
Spearheaded an effort to make EqualLogic management UI fully Section 508 accessible.
Launched a code quality initiative. Implemented code reviews with Review Board, continuous builds with Jenkins, and unit testing.
Built an asynchronous task UI for EqualLogic’s VMware integration tools.
Contributed to the development of a proof-of-concept web management UI using AngularJS and Kendo UI. From March 2009 to March 2014 (5 years 1 month) Software Engineer @ - Continued work on the sipXecs open-source project along with the commercial, Nortel-supported SCS 500 edition.
- Integrated sipX/SCS 500 PBX system with FreeSWITCH conference bridge, with a conference management UI to manage participants.
- Added support for new IP phones to sipXecs using Velocity to generate configuration files.
- Implemented a search feature for the BlueView Management System using Lucene.
- Updated a Department of Defense web application UI to be Section 508 accessible.
- Designed and implemented a proof of concept visualization application for the DoD using Java Swing and JAXB.
- Developed an automated test system using JUnit and Selenium. From July 2004 to November 2006 (2 years 5 months) Software Engineer @ - In a sustaining role, investigated and fixed bugs in the Digital Archives application using Struts and EJB.
- Implemented a graphical tool with Java Swing to automate several functions of the customer onboarding process. Resulted in less downtime and faster integration of new customer data. From February 2004 to July 2004 (6 months) Intern @ From June 2002 to January 2004 (1 year 8 months) Intern @ From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) PC Support Tech @ Provided technical support in-house to production staff. Assisted in the upgrade and maintenance of company computers and servers, as well as the daily operations of the corporate network.
Also developed internal help desk tools to help in carrying out support requests. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension