I am a highly innovative technology professional skilled in bringing people together in support of high-level organizational goals and objectives. A collaborative leader I have extensive experience working in dynamic environments with key stakeholders developing and implementing technical solutions designed around efficiency and sustainability. Data driven by nature, I am well versed in providing clear program/project management
I am a highly innovative technology professional skilled in bringing people together in support of high-level organizational goals and objectives. A collaborative leader I have extensive experience working in dynamic environments with key stakeholders developing and implementing technical solutions designed around efficiency and sustainability. Data driven by nature, I am well versed in providing clear program/project management direction leading to highly successful results.
Areas of expertise include:
Strategic Development • Risk Management
Organizational Leadership • Program-Project Management
Data Management • Software/Solutions Development
Operational Management • Software Lifecycle
Engineering Director, High Performance Data Division @ Provide engineering direction to storage software division developing and supporting Lustre, Intel Enterprise Edition for Lustre, Cloud Edition for Lustre. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Greater Denver AreaDirector, Technical Operations @ Provide engineering leadership for PMO, Software QA, and Development Operations of a multi-product engineering team.
• Lead efforts to improve product quality and field acceptance implementing strategic plans including developing/documenting a project charter made up of 3 sub-projects, leading to a divisional re-organization structured around quality.
• Serve in a key role as a leader on an RFP team critical to division advancement, securing $22M of contract value around new product development/R&D and creating the need for 20+ new engineering positions within the division.
• Created an employee Project Management Professional (PMP) development initiative by leading comprehensive study efforts resulting in four direct reports receiving certification. From July 2012 to September 2015 (3 years 3 months) Greater Denver AreaAffiliate Faculty @ Served as a part-time instructor within the Project Management (PM) Specialization of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program.
• Received certification to teach three PM Specialization classes of the Masters degree level.
• Led PMI accreditation efforts for the PM Specialization program serving as the project manager for GAC Accreditation that accredits the program to teach as a certified PMI provider. From September 2010 to December 2014 (4 years 4 months) Senior Project Manager @ Played a vital role in the venture-backed technology startup (bought out by Intel) continuing the development and growth of open-source file system software.
• Developed new proposal templates helping secure $17.5M in project revenue and enabling NRE team growth from 2 to 14 engineers within a 2-year period.
• Played a key role as an initial employee hired to design and implement strategy, placing the organization into a position that led to overall success measured by the business being sold after two years. From August 2010 to July 2012 (2 years) Senior Manager, Lustre Engineering @ Assumed overall Software Development Lifecycle responsibility for Lustre engineering team.
• Improved future contract performance through the introduction and use of formal estimation templates and detailed SOW development.
• Initiated and developed the organization’s project management framework, establishing disciplines (scope, schedule, budget, etc) and growing the group to six employees over two years. From March 2007 to July 2010 (3 years 5 months) Operations Director @ Led re-working of a mission critical campaign management and sales engineering application.
• Executed strategy that increased average price per sale 39% and reduced operational costs 26% as director of a $40M marketing division.
• Implemented multiple operational efficiencies, which lowered total call handling time by 15%.
• Saved $75K annually through comprehensive analysis of client relationships, eliminating unprofitable relationships. From February 2005 to April 2007 (2 years 3 months) IT Group Manager @ Performed numerous high-profile roles within the organization implementing strategic plans around risk and data management.
Group Manager, IT Risk Office
• Improved risk management awareness and accountability by introducing an enterprise-wide dashboard and IT Risk Scorecard.
Technology Platform Manager
• Implemented strategy to improve organizational data management efficiency (60+ terabytes of data) leading a staff of 20 project managers, business systems analysts and a QA specialists that met all SLA requirements.
Technology Program Manager
• Earned the “Center of Excellence” award for project leadership and innovation with the organization.
• Increased quality by implementing vendor training best practices. From October 2000 to February 2005 (4 years 5 months)
MS, Decision Sciences @ Virginia Commonwealth University - School of Business From 1998 to 1999 BBA, Information Systems @ College of William and Mary From 1991 to 1995 Jessica Popp is skilled in: Agile, PMP, Program Management, Software Project Management, Agile Project Management, Certified Scrum Master CSM, Start-ups, SDLC, University Teaching, Program Facilitation, Team Facilitation, Virtual Teams, Management, Distributed Systems, Business Process Improvement
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension