Merchandising VP, Health & Family Care @
I have over thirty years of experience in Retail Merchandising ranging from helping run my own family's operated pharmacy to managing hundreds of people and billions of dollars in sales. I have been a Registered Pharmacist since 1993 and currently licensed in four states. I have experience managing single chain pharmacy locations, managing a District of stores,
I have over thirty years of experience in Retail Merchandising ranging from helping run my own family's operated pharmacy to managing hundreds of people and billions of dollars in sales. I have been a Registered Pharmacist since 1993 and currently licensed in four states. I have experience managing single chain pharmacy locations, managing a District of stores, Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs for over 4,100 locations in 49 states, acting as chief merchandiser for the Wellness category of the world’s largest retailer responsible for over $4 billion in sales annually. Currently, I am serving as the EVP, Chief Merchandising Officer for Family Dollar with responsibility for Corporate Merchandising, Inventory Management, Space Planning, Global Sourcing, Private Brands, Pricing and Financial Planning.
Specialties: Retail Negotiations & Public Speaking
EVP, Chief Merchandising Officer @ Executive Vice President with responsibility for all Merchandising, Merchandising Operations, Pricing, Financial Planning, Global Sourcing and Private Brands. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) SVP, Lead Merchandising Officer @ Responsinble for Merchandising in all categories including Consumables and Discretionary as well as Global Sourcing and Private Brands. From October 2013 to December 2013 (3 months) Matthews, NCSVP, Hardlines Merchandising @ Merchant with responsibilty for Health & Beauty, OTC, Baby Care, Pet, Paper, Cleaning, Laundry, Automotive and Hardware From July 2013 to September 2013 (3 months) Matthews, NCMerchandising VP, Health & Family Care @ Chief merchant over HBA, OTC, Rx, Optical and Baby Care. Also responsible for New Business Development From November 2010 to June 2013 (2 years 8 months) Vice President, Health & Wellness Operations and Compliance @ From May 2010 to November 2010 (7 months) Sr Category Director, Wellness @ Wellness Division of OTC items produces over $4 Billion in sales annually. The Team Lead heads up a cross-functional team responsible for successfully delivering results in Buying, Planning, Pricing, Modular/Layout, and Replenishment. Responsible for developing budget and strategy for the Category Team. Additionally, as Team Leader must mentor/coach associates, develop talent, and ensure brand assortment meets customer needs.
• Align with market and operations to drive support and execution for key strategy initiatives using learnings from historical promotions.
• Lead weekly meetings of cross-functional teams to review P&L and ROI, identify and resolve issues
• Work with replenishment and planning to develop and manage inventory plan and monitor results
• Ensure consistency in supplier metrics and gather customer and competitive insights to share with team. From May 2009 to May 2010 (1 year 1 month) Senior Buyer @ Responsible for managing the Pharmacy/OTC category that generates over $1 billion dollars per year. Successfully negotiated contracts in total cost reduction effort, establishing master purchase agreements and strategic alliances with domestic and international suppliers. Managed all high-level vendor negotiations. Maintained inventory turnover, gross margin, receipts, markdowns, and markups. Approved all purchases, handled bids, negotiated contract pricing, and performed technical research. Worked cooperatively with manufacturers to develop appealing packaging, price points, and marketing strategies to highlight products and create excitement within Clubs. Prepared purchase orders and bid requests. Procured quality products and maintained attractive price points satisfying customer demands and ensuring company profitability.
• Consistently grew sales in the category at twice the rate of inventory
• Leveraged solid relationships with supplier to maximize profitability for my category.
• Buyer of the Year for Sam’s Health & Wellness and Fresh Division in 2007
• Buyer of the Year for Sam’s Club Corporate in 2008 From November 2006 to May 2009 (2 years 7 months) Director, Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs @ Responsible for state lobbying and regulatory affairs for Wal-Mart Pharmacy across the U.S. Represented the corporation's pharmacy permit at conferences and hearings in front of Boards of Pharmacy across the nation. Owned relationships with all fifty Executive Directors of these Boards as well as attended their national and regional conventions. Lobbied and was influential at state capitols on pharmacy issues that have an effect on chain pharmacy. Ensured that drug diversion was mitigated by having a working relationship with DEA and local police. Responsible to ensure that all pharmacies had active licenses with Board's, DEA and Medicaid/Medicare.
• During my tenure fines and probation were lowered 34% over previous years.
• Utilized interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with chief pharmacy regulators to mitigate penalties against the corporation.
• Learned to use influence and relationships, not power, to get outside regulatory agencies and Legislators to make decisions favorable for Walmart Stores, Inc.
• During my tenure no Pharmacy related licenses ever lapsed. During this time there were approximately 12,000 separate licenses. From August 2002 to November 2006 (4 years 4 months)
BS, Pharmacy @ Northeastern University From 1990 to 1993 Temple University From 1986 to 1990 Jason Reiser is skilled in: Retail, Merchandising, Wal-Mart, Assortment, Customer Service, Store Management, Sales, Visual Merchandising, Inventory Control, Profit, Management, Leadership, Pricing, Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Pharmacy, Forecasting, Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension