I am a highly motivated ISEB qualified Software Tester with a specialist interest in monitoring. In my spare time I attend Testing, Agile, Coding and DevOps events - I have spoken at Agile Yorkshire and a TTP Knowledge Share, organised a Ruby LAN Party, participated in the Software Testing World Cup, follow mobile technology news and trends,
I am a highly motivated ISEB qualified Software Tester with a specialist interest in monitoring. In my spare time I attend Testing, Agile, Coding and DevOps events - I have spoken at Agile Yorkshire and a TTP Knowledge Share, organised a Ruby LAN Party, participated in the Software Testing World Cup, follow mobile technology news and trends, restore British Leyland cars, and work on electronics projects – I have assisted in organizing a community electronics workshop ‘Up Spark!’.
Test Consultant @ • Writing performance tests using Loadrunner, scheduling through Jenkins, analyzing statistics and reporting to stakeholders.
• Setting up DBFit servers, installing web tier using IIS, installing app tier, automating installation of app servers using powershell, installing database tier, setting up SQL Reporting Services.
• Restoring databases, deploying changes to databases, automating database deployments, writing stored procedures, writing SQL Agent jobs, testing TDE, database partitioning, and database replication; setting up linked servers, debugging SPN issues, database comparisons,
• Advising the Infrastructure team on how to conduct hardware testing, working with the DBA team to implement Red Gate SQL Monitor, assisting the live team with investigating live issues, performance testing COM+ changes in Pre-Production and attending meetings to discuss next steps.
• Project Manager on a 3 month project – communicating with stakeholders, organizing stakeholder meetings, leading the team through Foundations, resourcing, attending CAB meetings, liaising with security to identify security risks to the project, working with the Infrastructure team to identify hardware requirements, attending a Programme Board to present on how the project team succeeded with Agile.
• Writing automated tests using DBFit and SoapUI, running test suites through Jenkins.
• Writing a quality strategies, quality reports and presenting to stakeholders. From September 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 10 months) Test Team Lead @ • Working in an Agile team using Scrum methodology throughout the development life cycle to define test scenarios and acceptance criteria for the evolving solution.
• Writing automated tests in Telerik Test Studio using C# and keeping the automated test suite up to date.
• Performing demos of software to stakeholders.
• Testing web applications, cloud software (Salesforce), WPF applications, RabbitMQ and SignalR.
• Testing a wide range of systems from financial systems, financial integration, telephone interpreting using a back end of Asterisk, a review system for a major search engine, time management systems.
• Paired programming and software design with developers.
• Assisting other Software Testers with automated testing and any questions.
• Correspondence with third parties regarding software the team used (TargetProcess, Telerik Test Studio).
• Managing the team while the Test Manager was away, interviewing candidates, training new staff.
• Assisting with writing acceptance criteria, user stories and tasks. From April 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 6 months) Senior IT Support Engineer @ • Support of Citrix, shadowing users, general troubleshooting, supporting the Infrastructure team with troubleshooting issues, troubleshooting Citrix web client issues.
• Managing printers, telephone patching (analogue and VOIP), management of Avaya IP Office phone system.
• Creating and using images in Altiris.
• In depth installation of hardware, software and drivers, installing printers, video conferencing units and telephone conferencing units.
• Writing batch files.
• Installation and supporting users with Office Products, installation and support of Adobe products, Blackberry management using BES.
• Meetings with 3rd parties and internal teams to help resolve ongoing issues.
• Management of temporary staff; this included managing staff to complete a software catalogue and managing permanent staff while the Service Desk Manager was away, writing training documents and extensive training of staff.
• Sourcing hardware suitable for company use.
• Assisting with the implementation of ITIL compliant Service Desk software Service Desk Plus, assisting with rolling out new security procedures to meet ISO 20007.
• Designing and overseeing the install of a home office for the CEO, working with an electrician. From January 2009 to April 2011 (2 years 4 months) Temp @ While working for Huntress I temped at three different workplaces. All three roles required extensive use of Microsoft Excel. The first role was a general admin job which required inputting information from 3 different sources onto a spreadsheet. Second was finance clerical work which included dealing with the payment of invoices, general filing, emailing suppliers and photocopying documents. Last was a customer service role which required calling companies to collect information for spreadsheets as well as general spreadsheet work. From November 2008 to January 2009 (3 months) Help Desk Analyst @ • Answering queries relating to help desk issues.
• General administration in Active Directory.
• Installing applications manually and pushing out using Group Policy.
• Using Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance extensively.
• Hardware upgrades, rebuilding and ghosting PCs.
• Corresponding with 3rd parties.
• Recording incidents using Service Now and working to a strict deadline, updating users on progress of incidents, allocating work to 2nd and 3rd line. From March 2008 to October 2008 (8 months) Leeds, United KingdomTemporary Administrator @ Correspondence with other superannuation companies for transfer of funds into funds administered by Superpartners, answering inbound telephone calls, handling questions regarding investments, handling questions regarding claiming superannuation and redundancy funds, training of new staff, answering email queries, handling complex enquiries, photocopying documents, faxing documents, using the Microsoft Office suite. From November 2007 to February 2008 (4 months) Brisbane, Australia
High School Certificate @ Clairvaux Mackillop College From 1999 to 2001 Gwen Diagram is skilled in: Agile Testing, Manual Testing, SQL, Citrix, Active Directory, Altiris, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Microsoft Office, Staff Training, Selenium, Non-functional Testing, Load Testing, System Integration Testing, ISEB, Test Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension