School of Oriental and African Studies, U. of London
Experienced omni-channel retailer, bringing a strong mix of commercial, analytical and operational expertise to retailers and brands a like. Delivered significant revenue and profit growth for a number of brands, both as an outsourced service provider and an in-house p&l owner. Developed rare combination of analytical rigour of the "consultant" skill set, with the pragmatic lens from
Experienced omni-channel retailer, bringing a strong mix of commercial, analytical and operational expertise to retailers and brands a like. Delivered significant revenue and profit growth for a number of brands, both as an outsourced service provider and an in-house p&l owner. Developed rare combination of analytical rigour of the "consultant" skill set, with the pragmatic lens from large in house retail.
Frequent speaker at retail events, including Retail Week, IGD, Metapak, Brand Republic, DCA and Demandware to name but a selection. Industry commentator, published widely in the Times, Evening Standard, Retail Week etc.
Strong entrepreneurial and commercial interest, through own efforts as a startup, and as an investor in Laundryrepublic, Milroys of Soho and Beef & Brew.
Director of Retail Services @ Focused on maximising the reward and reducing friction for consumers when shopping with brands and retailers. As technology continues to evolve at unprecedented pace, opening up the opportunities of true consumer focused retail, I work with my team and clients to ensure they prioritise the right activities to drive performance...be it directly through owned channels, or through third party retailers. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) London, United KingdomInvestor @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Head of Retail Services @ As Head of Retail Services, my responsibility is to lead the team to assist our clients through the full lifecycle of plan - launch - trade;
1. Pre-sales engagement - we support and build client strategy and technology roadmap supported with a detailed P&L and necessary process documentation and training to mitigate risk of implementation and ensure a robust and realistic business case is set. We have provided this to new and established ecommerce providers, in the UK, France, Switzerland, Turkey, USA and India.
2. "Onboarding" support - we support through the onboarding process of a client; including site design and technical recommendations on topics such as SEO and webanalytics, through to recommendations of physical set-up of a warehouse pick station or contact centre.
3. "Inlife" support - we provide practical interim and ad-hoc merchandising support to clients at key trading points of the year. We also provide strategic guidance based upon proprietary analytics and review of client objectives to support a robust roadmap of client activity.
At the extreme, this service has included a managed service of the warehouse, merchandising and trading functions for four sites for Belstaff, but it has included smaller engagements for retailers including Jaeger, Speedo and Anya Hindmarch.
Through this team, we have assisted our clients in growing annual revenue at >40% for each of the last 4 years. We act as a go to point of contact for our clients on topics as diverse as international prioritisation through to SEO to technical product adoption. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) London, United KingdomInvestor @ From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Consultant @ From December 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) London, United KingdomHead of Business Development (Interim) @ Multiple responsibilities including;
1. Identification of new product categories to launch for customers. Subsequently found drop ship vendors to provide offer, matching SDGs customer service offer and negotiated competitive terms. Subsequently traded categories and generated significant 8-figure revenue and 7-figure profit to the group.
2. Oversaw internal analytics team, covering both business and web analytics
3. Led commercial due diligence for a number of prospect acquisitions
4. Ran commercial strategy and cost reduction programme in conjunction with CFO and shareholder advisers From April 2011 to January 2012 (10 months) Business Development Manager @ From September 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 8 months) Consultant @ 6 years experience covering PE due diligence, corporate strategy and operational efficiency. Focus on retail, but with broad sector experience including telecoms, media, financial services and consumer goods. Two placings to the U.S., including a competitive office transfer. From August 2003 to September 2009 (6 years 2 months) Co-founder @ From 2008 to 2009 (1 year)
BA, Economics and Management @ University of Oxford From 1999 to 2002 MSc, Economics @ School of Oriental and African Studies, U. of London From 2002 to 2003 3 As @ Royal Grammar School Guildford From 1994 to 1999 Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits, Distinction and top 30 of 4, 000+ examinees @ Wine & Spirit Education Trust From 2014 to 2015 Eric Fergusson is skilled in: E-commerce, Business Strategy, Retail, Strategy Development, Competitive Analysis, Change Management, Negotiation, Digital Marketing, Strategy, M&A work, Procurem, Business Development, International Expansion, Multi-Channel Commerce, Analytics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension