I ha ve 15 yrs. progressive experience in a variety of companies and technologies, with a great work ethic in achieving results/excellence through effective communications and teamwork (3.5 GPA), as communications major while in the IT industry fields. My last independent contractor job was private consulting- coordinating with remote users, management/technical staff on rolling out MS Lync
I ha ve 15 yrs. progressive experience in a variety of companies and technologies, with a great work ethic in achieving results/excellence through effective communications and teamwork (3.5 GPA), as communications major while in the IT industry fields. My last independent contractor job was private consulting- coordinating with remote users, management/technical staff on rolling out MS Lync project for security company that moved to a new location and facilitating/delivering hardwares & softwares (while asset managing and training) to all users on time despite setbacks. Also did executive support/systems administration for bank branches and real estate offices.
I completed Hyper V, Security +(certified), Network+, 2008 server and Exchange 2010 from 2003/2007 courses. Taking CISSP & PMP next.
I have a unique combination of technical skills and people conflict/coping skills with a personable/can do attitude as a team member or self managing, level headed individual that's great to work with.
IT Administrator @ Project Managing Sharepoint revamping project with internal group of developers, giving access to various Sharepoint web pages for AD groups, Data Backup administration, Exchange Server mailboxes, Office 365 distribution groups, mail/malware filtering, remote support, managing vendor accounts agreements/billing arrangements/business Flex plans to save company over 14k with one carrier & also with other providers, AD password resets, WSUS/patch management. From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Consultant - IT Manager @ • On-site computer consultant servicing OC to fix hardware (such as Sony laptops)/OS/applications problems, setting up DSL/cable access for (home based/small network) businesses.
• Upgrade/maintenance for customers based on business needs with companies such as Anaheim Surgery Center and SBN.COM call center.
• Made/tested cables or network jacks and connected to punch down/patch panels as needed.
• Configuration of routers & internet connection sharing. ATM modem for 7-11 store. From January 2000 to Present (16 years) Installation Engineer @ • Contracted through Kimco Technologies in supporting field technicians on VPN tunnel installations.
• Configuring of Cisco/Juniper/SonicWall routers and broadband modems.
• Coordinating with ISP’s and local ILEC’s to facilitate services to several clients and mainly for the Jones Apparel Group project. From August 2008 to November 2008 (4 months) Executive Support @ • Contracted through Manpower Professional on supporting over a 1,000 users
• Training a few technicians (four) in a lead type role
• Also covered multiple sites in surrounding areas.
• Refreshing of user’s leased PCs and support of many applications/database connections, along with networked printers.
• Also support of VPN clients with PKI digital ID’s and executive support. Implement use of RCS/3DES and S/MIME encryption with signed certificates for Exchange email.
• Repair desktop/laptops and support of Blackberry PDA’s.
• Configuration of license server for client/server application (including web based server connections)
• Asset Management with SRMS ticketing system and loaner laptop sign off sheets.
• Coordination with 3rd party vendors to efficiently and effectively support executive users/engineers. From August 2005 to March 2008 (2 years 8 months) Consultant @ • Network planning of extending LAN to building across the street and researching satellite service in a MAN overseas location.
• Consolidating of company website on Windows 2000 Server to Apache Tomcat on Free BSD.
• Support/repair of PC’s and softwares.
• Asset management of hardware and software licenses From April 2005 to July 2005 (4 months) Computer and Network Support @ • Site support team member for 16 Boeing buildings with over 14,000 users through Superior Technical Resources contract. Troubleshot at the desktop and over the phone.
• Contracted for “Refresh Project” and coordinated internal moves and new user setup.
• Scheduled and transitioned Dell desktop/laptops from 95/98 to NT/2000 while configuring various Boeing software including Office 2000 and Nortel IPSec/AT&T VPN client for secure RAS to users working from home offices.
• Refresh project also included migrating users’ data/profiles over to upgraded OS, imaging systems with Disk Pro Image, and implementing new granular control security access list groupings with Active Directory into power user group.
• Problem solver with desktop trouble ticket issues and received award from a manager. From March 2002 to August 2002 (6 months) Systems Engineer @ • Supported over 200 users including over 150 IBM/Toshiba/Compaq Notebook users working from customer sites or home offices and running Win 95/98, Office 95/97, Outlook 98, Lotus Notes, Netscape and Internet Explorer and other specialty software. Setup laptop configurations.
• Evaluate new hardware/software. Coordinate and manage hardware maintenance.
• Monitored servers and performed tape backups.
• Supervised training of technicians and delegated work to them as lead.
• Wrote procedures for creating and updating disk images, email/internet/network/RAS configurations for laptop/desktop computers.
• Supported users using Remedy software for managing trouble tickets.
• Supported PDA’s (Palm Pilots/Casseiopia)
• Asset management with Access database and lease management with IBM/Toshiba. From August 1998 to February 2000 (1 year 7 months)
Daryl Manarang is skilled in: Servers, Networking, Windows Server, Routers, VPN, Cisco Call ManagerE/ WSUS server, upgrading Enterprise AV program, Symantec tape, GFI console for patch management. I completed Hyper V, Security +(certified),, Network+, 2008 server and Exchange 2010 from 2003/2007, Security, Hyper-V, Cisco Technologies, Microsoft Exchange, Computer Hardware, Operating Systems, LAN-WAN
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension