Higher Certificate In Computer Applications, Information Technology, Java programming, Databases, Multimedia, QA, Applied Mathematics @
Waterford Institute of Technology
Flexible and adaptable software developer with a broad skill set across many different disciplines. I pride myself on producing clean and well documented code to a high standard. I enjoy solving new and interesting technical challenges and expanding my understanding into new areas. Also an excellent team player with a strong work ethic who works well in
Flexible and adaptable software developer with a broad skill set across many different disciplines. I pride myself on producing clean and well documented code to a high standard. I enjoy solving new and interesting technical challenges and expanding my understanding into new areas. Also an excellent team player with a strong work ethic who works well in a distributed work environment, with teams from many different nationalities.
Specialties: C++, Game Development, iOS & Android development, Cocos2d-x.
Senior Software Engineer @ Continuation of previous role at PlayFirst, Inc. (see below) From May 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) IrelandSenior Software Engineer @ Responsibilities:
• New product development and live-ops engineering for iOS and Android mobile games written primarily in C++, but also in other languages such as Lua and Objective-C.
• Investigation, development and extension of key technologies required by our games including advanced font rendering and text effects, flash based animation technology, downloadable content systems, shaders, and core game services such as memory management.
• Investigating and evaluating third party libraries and tools to support our development, including game engines, source control tools and content creation tools.
• Build scripting and maintenance of cross-platform build infrastructure and continuous integration systems.
• Design development and maintenance of cross-platform foundation libraries and support code.
• Development and maintenance of tools & scripts used by the game team, including a diagnostics console, content pipeline and scene graph editing tools.
• Optimisation and refinement of existing code to reduce memory requirements, space requirements (for App Store size limits) and to increase frame rates on lower-end devices.
• Investigation, diagnosis and fixing of live-ops bugs and crash issues reported by our users.
• Documentation, development and refinement of coding standards and best practices.
• Mentoring and guidance for junior team members.
• Coordination with art, design, product managers and producers to ensure smooth delivery of product updates.
• Task estimation and feedback on design documents and product requirement documents.
During my time at PlayFirst I have worked on the following titles:
• Cooking Dash 2016 (iOS/Android) - Lead Engineer
• Diner Dash 2015 (iOS/Android) – Senior Engineer
• The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (iOS/Android) – Senior Engineer
• Diner Dash (iOS) – Engineer
• Hotel Transylvania Dash (iOS) – Lead Engineer
• Cooking Dash (iOS) – Engineer
• Wedding Dash (iOS) – Engineer
• DinerTown Pets (iOS) – Engineer From August 2011 to May 2014 (2 years 10 months) Dublin, IrelandSoftware Developer solidDB Universal Cache @ Responsibilities:
• Development of core Universal Cache components.
• Development of product user interfaces and tooling.
• Contribution towards engineering and architectural decisions.
• Development and maintenance of high quality unit tests and test cases. From September 2009 to July 2011 (1 year 11 months) Dublin, IrelandStudent @ Completed a four year degree with distinction: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Games Development.
This course was specifically focused on all aspects of games programming, including areas such as graphics, AI, networking, audio and animation. From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Carlow, IrelandSoftware Development Engineer (Intern) @ Responsibilities:
• Development and management of localisation processes for XBOX 360 titles, including 'Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise'.
• Coordination with test teams and localisation vendors.
• Conducting in-house training and skills sessions.
• Design and development of prototype games for the XBOX 360 platform using C# / XNA. From March 2008 to August 2008 (6 months) Dublin, IrelandGame & Game Engine Programmer @ Participated in a 10 week Game Development competition with one other programmer from Carlow IT (Adrian Murphy) and three DCU students (Kieran Mc Cabe, Paddy O'Hanlon and Scott Bryan) who worked on the art & sound. Our team was the Southern Irish entry for the 2007 competition.
Our game was a water-based physics / action game called 'Heaven 2 Ocean'. I worked on the water physics, game-play elements and the core game engine itself. The game was well received at the Dare To Be Digital 'Protoplay' event by the general public, making it to the finals of the competition.
Gamasutra article about 'Heaven 2 Ocean':
http://www.darraghcoy.com/downloads/Heaven%202%20Ocean%20Setup.exe From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months) Belfast, Ireland
Bachelor Of Science (Honours) In Computer Games Development, Games Development, Graphics, Physics, Networking, Applied Mathematics, Programming @ Institute of Technology, Carlow From 2005 to 2009 Higher Certificate In Computer Applications, Information Technology, Java programming, Databases, Multimedia, QA, Applied Mathematics @ Waterford Institute of Technology From 2003 to 2005 Darragh Coy is skilled in: C++, Cocos2d-x, Game Development, OpenGL, iOS development, Android Development, Mobile Game Development, GLSL, Java, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization, Multithreading, C#, XNA, DirectX, Programming, Objective-C, Video Games, Subversion, Unit Testing, Software Development, Git, Ant, Ruby, Jenkins, Unix, HLSL, JNI, JDBC, Win32 API, Xcode, Perforce, Visual C++, CVS, SWT, x86 Assembly, HTML, Flash, Xbox 360, Photoshop, Databases, Direct3D, Havok, Winsock, FMOD, PhysX, Doxygen, Android, Mobile Games, iOS Development