M.S., Computer Science @
Oregon Health & Science University
I am a seasoned CTO and VP of Engineering who drives effective engineering execution to deliver great business results. I am a solid strong technologist with a proven track record in designing and implementing world class web and mobile application with scalability, security and quality. I run effective agile processes in both small and large team context
I am a seasoned CTO and VP of Engineering who drives effective engineering execution to deliver great business results. I am a solid strong technologist with a proven track record in designing and implementing world class web and mobile application with scalability, security and quality. I run effective agile processes in both small and large team context to deliver products fast without compromising quality. I attract great talent to work with me and retain them effectively. As an engineering leader, I love to build great products from the ground up and to help people build and grow their career path.
VP of Engineering @ * Effectively drive engineering execution to deliver business results
- User growth 500%.
- Revenue growth 500%.
- Three new product lines: online shopping, social content and mobile.
* Lead the architectural design of both consumer facing products and technological infrastructures.
- Eliminate maintenance downtime and achieve 7/24 service.
- Build stable and scalable engineering infrastructure with service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Clearly separate the the frontend from the backend on development cycle and greatly boost productivity.
- Develop and apply cutting edge technologies in building web and mobile applications: NodeJS, Static Application Architecture.
- Apply best practices in software maintainability, extensibility and reusability.
* Expand the engineering team 5x with top-notch silicon valley talents.
* Apply effective agile processes and do it right
- Never miss a deadline
- Resilient to change of plans
- Most importantly, people like it. From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Mountain View, CASenior Engineering Manager @ * Senior engineering manager of the online application engineering team for mint.com. Lead the overall architectural revamp and technological innovations of the online application, which laid a solid foundation for mint.com to become a single page application. Greatly improve both run-time performance and development-time productivity.
* Chief architect of advanced online data extraction technologies for finance data aggregation. Lead the design and implementation of a domain specific language specialized for web page navigation and content extraction. Design and implement both an interactive development environment for the language, and a Java based server-side run-time environment for it. From June 2009 to October 2012 (3 years 5 months) Mountain View, CAFounding Chief Architect @ * Chief Architect. Develop the core technology to realize the business idea.
* Full stack LAMP engineer.
* Chief ops.
* Chief Facebook application developer.
* Replace JSP based rendering with browser side rendering and greatly improve the site performance and shipping cycles.
* In-house expert for Hibernate and Spring MVC. From January 2008 to June 2008 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Engineer @ * Full stack engineer for Yahoo Tripplanner (http://travel.yahoo.com/trip).
* Full stack engineer for Yahoo Local (http://local.yahoo.com).
* Design and implement "Yahoo Local Content Management System"
- large-scale parallel data processing.
- large-scale database management.
- AI technologies for duplication detection and data validation. From August 2005 to January 2008 (2 years 6 months) Sunnyvale, CAProgramming Language Researcher @ * Develop a strongly typed compiler intermediate language that supports the compilation of C# interface definitions. From June 2004 to August 2004 (3 months) Remond, WA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension