Top-Performing and Results-Oriented Sales Professional with 19 years in the computer hardware, services, and software industry. Proven track record managing relationships, creating accurate sales forecasts, and developing grass roots territories and alliances with partners. Excellent communication and effective leadership with strong motivational skills and proven ability to build a highly productive territory that aligns with my company’s
Top-Performing and Results-Oriented Sales Professional with 19 years in the computer hardware, services, and software industry. Proven track record managing relationships, creating accurate sales forecasts, and developing grass roots territories and alliances with partners. Excellent communication and effective leadership with strong motivational skills and proven ability to build a highly productive territory that aligns with my company’s solution value. Specialize in Virtualized/Centralized Desktop Computing from end to end.
Keywords: channel desktop virtualization VDI secure computing cloud VMware RTCS Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions enterprise software VAR cross domain multi level security MLS Air Force reseller GSA military DOD DOE Department of Energy Austin Texas
Core Competencies: SalesForce, VDI, blade PCs, zero clients, thin clients, VMware, channel sales.
Federal Account Executive @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Regional Territory Manager- Federal @ Responsible for finding opportunities and growing federal sales to both DoD and Civilian agencies nationwide. From December 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 7 months) Federal Account Executive @ Responsible for growing existing accounts and finding new opportunities for the Air Force and Department of Energy in the Western United States. Growth achieved by enabling partners/integrators to understand our solution and provide them the tools to evangelize and grow our solution in accounts.
- Build end-to-end centralized/virtualized solutions for customers requiring physical and virtual resources
- Grow VDI business as more desktops are being replaced by zero and thin clients
- Help architect multi-level security environments for customers with specific security requirements
- Continue to drive new product development by consulting with customers on their future requirements
- Understand DoD and DoE policy initiatives to architect appropriate solutions that meet/exceeds needs
- Grew by territory by 40% year over year From December 2004 to December 2013 (9 years 1 month) Account Manager @ Drove, developed and guided business development with IT permanent and temporary staffing. Negotiated, established, and authorized contract agreements for local clients. Worked with recruiters to assure necessary personnel resources were available for clients.
- Cold called and prospected for new accounts while growing current client relationships
- Won first ever contract with Dell within 6 months after multiple attempts before me had failed
- Won vendor/rep of the year after placing 15 people at Dell From June 2003 to November 2004 (1 year 6 months) Account Manager @ Development Account Manager,
Aug 2002 - Feb 2003
Managed 18-20 accounts in the Preferred Account Division(PAD). Responsible for growing desktop, laptop, server, storage, and software and peripheral sales.
Acquisition AccountManager, Aug 2000 - July 2002
Perform cold calls into new accounts to win Dell hardware, software, and services away from competition. Onsite meetings were then established to build relationship and demonstrate what our products did to make their business more productive and lower their TCO
Software and Peripheral(S&P) Territory Account Manager,
Oct 1996 - July 2000
Work with hardware team to grow overall Dell footprint with customers ranging in size from 400-2000 employees. Managed a product catalog with over 10,000 items so it was critical to understand how products would integrate with Dell equipment.
Oct 1995 - Sept 1996
Personal computer sales to both personal and small business customers in a queue environment. Fast paced environment in a rapidly growing direct sales model with cutting edge pc products From September 1995 to February 2003 (7 years 6 months)
BBA, Marketing @ Stephen F. Austin State University From 1989 to 1995 Cary Slape is skilled in: Salesforce.com, Solution Selling, Channel Partners, Channel, Cloud Computing, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Direct Sales, Partner Management, Storage, Account Management, Sales Enablement, Professional Services, Sales Process, Demand Generation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension