Founder and CTO @ RSDB Consulting, PackageRunner, and Servips LLC
Chief Information Officer @ Pier 1 Imports
Bachelors in Engineering @
University of Mumbai
CIO / CTO / Senior Technology Executive with over 16 years of experience in the technology field spread across consulting and corporate roles. Established track record of achieving results as well as transforming and leading world class IT organizations across Retail, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, and Financial Services Industries. Recognized Leader and Noted speaker at conferences and
CIO / CTO / Senior Technology Executive with over 16 years of experience in the technology field spread across consulting and corporate roles. Established track record of achieving results as well as transforming and leading world class IT organizations across Retail, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, and Financial Services Industries. Recognized Leader and Noted speaker at conferences and IT leadership forums on topics such as Using technology to drive customer-centricity, Business-IT alignment, Cloud computing, and Managing IT as Service Organization.
Specialties: Digital and Technology Strategy, IT strategy, Customer 360, Business-IT alignment, Cloud Computing, Product Development, Enterprise Architecture, E/M-Commerce, Strategic Sourcing, People & Change Mgmt, IT GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance), IT Services Management / ITILv3
CIO and Head of Ecommerce @ • Lead IT Organization through strategy and transformation to a product oriented technological task-force
• Lead the Ecommerce initiative and build an online sales model for supply chain/logistics services through self-service, integration, and automation.
• Help drive the business through key technology initiatives including supply chain and warehouse automation, data wareshousing and business intelligence, billing automation, revenue and operations dashboard automation
• Keep core technology operation humming like a well-oiled machine including core warehouse management systems, shipping/logistic systems, inventory management, order management, customer portal, website, technology infrastructure, DataCenter, SaaS application (e.g. Salesforce, Workfront), and corporate systems (email, ERP/Financials, etc) From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Greater Salt Lake City AreaFounder and CTO @ • Lead product development for this start-up venture from idea/conceptualization to UI design to mobile application and responsive website development
• Device an overall ecommerce, digital, and technology strategy (including marketing through cost effective channels such as SEO, Social Media, and Direct to Consumer channels).
• Minimize the cost of product development by using offshore and free-lance resources where practical.
• Minimize operating cost by using Cloud technologies for operational needs (website and mobile hosting, email services, office suite, etc). From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Greater Salt Lake City AreaCIO, CTO, and SVP of Technology @ • Transformed a “black-box” IT organization into product aligned technological task force resulting in record project through-put and growth for Overstock.
• Led a Customer 360 hub build-out to drive customer centricity across devices and channels resulting in improved customer engagement and cross-channel growth.
• Managed a technology budget of over $70 million, and increased IT staff to over 450 people (from less than 300 in 2012/2013) inspite of technical resource challenges in Utah.
• Led software engineering teams that:
o Modernized ERP and Warehousing platforms from legacy/unsupported hardware and software
o Built new supply chain and channel management platforms to support Overstock's venture into Fulfillment and Channel Mgmt services.
o Achieved best of web 2013 and Google’s Top Editor’s pick 2014 for mobile applications which resulted in significantly increased mobile traffic and revenue.
o Launched targeted email campaigns (vs broadcast email campaigns) that significantly increased email revenues
• Maintained 99.99% availability across all technology systems and zero data breach inspite of rising cyber-threats
• Developed and implemented infrastructure and Cloud strategy which included:
o Implementation of on-demand datawarehousing solution (Teradata capacity on-demand)
o Building private IaaS cloud for increased utilization and reduced hardware cost
o Combination of on-premise and Cloud solutions for DDoS mitigation
o Implementation of cloud based workload routing and management solution for customer service
o Starting to build of a new out-of-state DR sight to support Overstock’s BCP
o Implementation of SaaS solutions (Workday HCM and ServiceNow) to improve employee satisfactions. From 2012 to 2015 (3 years) Greater Salt Lake City AreaDirector, CIO Advisory @ • Lead business development and support clients globally in the area for CIO Advisory including IT/Technology strategy, Application Development, and Infrastructure Operations, etc.
• Oversee multiple client engagements and ensure 100% customer referenciability through quality engagement delivery and innovative IT solutions
• Manage and motivate a team of practitioners from Associates to Sr. Managers
• Lead solution development efforts for CIO Agenda specifically around Cloud Computing, Strategic Sourcing and Emerging Technology (Mobile commerce, Social CRM, etc)
• Attendee/Speaker/Panelist for various CxO events such TIE CIO technology innovation forum, MIT CIO Forum, ITSMF New England LIG, Cloud Expo, CIO Summit etc. From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Greater Boston AreaBearingPoint Engagement Manager and Solution Architect @ - Led a multi-year IT and Application development transformation initiative to develop, implement, and program manage a Shared Services organization. The new Shared Service organization broke through tradition silos and resulted in improved efficiency and cost savings to the tune of millions of dollars.
- Led various initiatives involving streamlining application development, application rationalization, Data Center move and consolidation, offshoring, contract management, analytics and demand management.
- Led global implementation of Peregrine ServiceCenter (a Services Management tool) and helped with its compliance to 21 CFR Part 11 From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Greater New York City AreaConsultant through Senior Manager @ • Responsible for oversight and successful delivery of small and large client engagements related to IT Operations, IT Services Management, and Automation
• Responsible for client relationship, satisfaction, and business development
• Manage a team of professionals from analyst to architects to project managers
• Manage alliances and vendor relationships with vendors such as HP, BMC, CA, IBM, etc.
• Provide thought leadership and solution development for new concepts such as IT Services Management based on ITILv3, Outsourcing, IT Supply Chain, Utility Computing, Application Rationalization, IT Demand and Portfolio Management, SDLC etc. From 1999 to 2009 (10 years) Greater Boston AreaIntern/Consultant @ • Analyzed financial systems and process to identify risks and recommend improvement for better control and quality of financial reporting
• Aggregated and analyzed data from multiple IT systems for redundancy and recommended improvisation in data management From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year) Greater Boston AreaSystems Analyst @ • Supported the MIS department to achieve automation of the registration process and consolidate data from disparate systems into a single data repository
• Supported the lab infrastructure and served as a helpdesk analyst
• Supported hardware repair services resolving laptop hardware and network issues From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Greater Boston Area
MBA, Finance and Technology @ Bentley University From 1998 to 2000 Bachelors in Engineering, Chemical @ University of Mumbai From 1993 to 1997 Bhargav Shah is skilled in: IT Strategy, Cloud Computing, IT Service Management, Program Management, Outsourcing, Professional Services, Vendor Management, SaaS, Management, Data Center, Strategy, ITIL, Application Rationalisation, CRM, IT Operations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension