BIM Manager / Managing Director of new Construction @ CAD-Ventures Inc.
Owner @ TILA Construction & Design Inc.
A.S., BIM, AutoCAD 3D, Revit @
A client-focused, enthusiastic and self-directed construction professional with over 25 years' industry experience combining design with the practical application of engineering science, technology, construction management, and the construction process from inception to completion. Results-oriented history of managing multiple residential and commercial projects while meeting critical deadlines, incorporating working knowledge of IBC and FBC codes. Knowledgeable of 2D
A client-focused, enthusiastic and self-directed construction professional with over 25 years' industry experience combining design with the practical application of engineering science, technology, construction management, and the construction process from inception to completion. Results-oriented history of managing multiple residential and commercial projects while meeting critical deadlines, incorporating working knowledge of IBC and FBC codes. Knowledgeable of 2D and 3D drafting processes and renderings with attention placed on clients established budget concerns, design ideas and cost control without forfeiting quality or safety.
Working in the construction industry, in all aspects from tradesman to owner, has provided me with the knowledge to focus on future developments. Keeping a finger on the pulse of BIM, IPD, and developing software, permits the delivery of projects while applying the newest technology and management techniques. Building, designing, and managing are passions in my life that began with my first Tonka truck introduction, I delivered my first project, and it was a mud-house at the age of 6. I’m proud to announce this endeavor was under budget, on time, with no injuries. The quality however, has since improved.
In the words of Pablo Picasso "Everything you can imagine is real" I imagine BIM coupled with IPD, sustainability ideas, and clash detection leading the building industry paving the way for innovative creative developments in the future of the A/E/C industry. I imagine a project designed correctly with a professional team assembled, in agreement with each other, taking responsibility for work while delivering a quality project, addressing safety issues, delivering on time, under budget, with first rate quality driven by a BIM mentality. I am a true BIM-aholic, and strive for perfection in the world of Designing, Building and Managing with a creative thought process to deliver projects as planned. So I imagine, then make it real.
Top Secret @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) BIM Manager / Managing Director of new Construction @ Describe your position From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida AreaOwner @ • Organized and delivered projects on time and budget, in both commercial and residential sectors, performing work on the trade side, design and management end.
• Full use and implementation of BIM software including, Revit , Revit MEP, Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, ACA, 3D’s Max design, Navisworks, and Adobe software.
• Developed design ideas and budget/quality concerns, as well as cost saving implementations, sustainability interests and ADA/environmental matters, maintaining a BIM standard of workflow.
• Executed a completion time-line, scheduling all trades while supervising, managing, organizing, and hands-on work during the construction projects.
• Monitored and recorded progress of ventures while keeping all parties informed of updates and/or changes with weekly meetings.
• Grew IPD teams instructing on completion of new construction/remodeling in accordance with designs, applicable codes; addressing conflicting issues with MEP and Structural matters, significantly reducing RFI’s. From January 2006 to 2013 (7 years) Building Inspector, QA/QC @ Pre-Inspection of Construction Projects to ensure code compliance while recording and addressing Quality Control / Assurance issues onsite to effectively control Building process and completions.
• Inspection of all structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and safety issues to ensure quality work performance and code compliance.
• All work quality was inspected while in progress and documented from start up to completion. Upon completion of projects, trained maintenance crews, building engineers and appropriate tradesmen to ensure full understanding of all working components. From July 2002 to December 2005 (3 years 6 months) Project Manager, Field Supervisor, Working Superintendant @ Scheduled, Budgeted Projects, Recorded progress and delays to present weekly with Owners, Architects, Engineers, obtained and recorded RFI's. Wore a toolbelt and worked doing all layouts, framing, drywall, finish work while Managing Projects. Made presentations to new clients using powerpoint presentations.
• Directly involved with owners, architects, engineers, and building officials from design inception to completion on commercial and residential construction projects varying from 1 to 5 million dollars with a hands-on approach
• Implemented cost and quality control issues while maintaining construction time-lines.
• Developed plan of preventative maintenance schedules on HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and structural, issues for facility engineers. From October 1993 to June 2003 (9 years 9 months) Master Carpenter / Supervisor @ From July 1989 to November 1993 (4 years 5 months) Lewiston/Auburn, Maine Area
Bachelor's degree, Construction Management w/ major in renewable & sustainable energy @ Everglades University From 2013 to 2015 A.S., BIM, AutoCAD 3D, Revit @ IADT Tampa From 2010 to 2013 Certification / License, General Contracting @ Gold Coast School of Construction From 2005 to 2006 Construction Management, Construction @ Broward Community College From 1998 to 2000 Arthur Larson is skilled in: BIM, Construction Management, Construction, Revit, Submittals, Construction Drawings, AutoCAD, Rendering, LEED, Renovation, Architectural Design, Architectural Drawings, Sustainable Design, Sustainability, AutoCAD Architecture
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension