Growth Marketing and Digital Acquisition Advisor @ ALM Digital Consulting
Bachelor's Degree, Engineering @
Columbia University in the City of New York
Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant @ From January 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Hong KongVice President, Digital Marketing @ - Lead all customer acquisition and retention strategies for BaubleBar.com including channel management of Paid Search (SEM), Facebook Advertising, Display/Video Media, Organic Search (SEO), Affiliate, Direct Mail, Television Advertising and Email. Profitably grew annual advertising budget to
Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant @ From January 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Hong KongVice President, Digital Marketing @ - Lead all customer acquisition and retention strategies for BaubleBar.com including channel management of Paid Search (SEM), Facebook Advertising, Display/Video Media, Organic Search (SEO), Affiliate, Direct Mail, Television Advertising and Email. Profitably grew annual advertising budget to 300% in less than 1 year.
- Directly responsible for marketing campaigns resulting in 250%+ growth of topline revenue year over year while maintaining CPA goals. Implemented a/b testing strategies for ad and landing page optimization using 3rd party technology platforms (Optimizely and BounceExchange). Implemented promotional strategy via email, onsite messaging and display retargeting to increase CVR by 35% year over year. From December 2013 to August 2015 (1 year 9 months) Greater New York City AreaChief Marketing Officer @ - Lead and execute all website traffic and user acquisition strategies for Updater.com including Search Engine Marketing (SEM), content/link building strategy for Organic Search (SEO), Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing and Public Relations for consumer-facing products and services. Manage all agency and freelancer relationships to execute B2C lead acquisition campaigns.
- Manage business and partnership development with B2B clients including terms and contract negotiation. License and execute co-branded offers with corporate partners to monetize new mover database and test onsite advertising.
- Directly responsible for digital acquisition campaigns that have increased lead generation by 450% and site traffic by 300% within the first 6 months. Implemented and executed a/b testing technologies and website tracking to improve online conversion rates by 27%. Establish all marketing KPIs for reporting and optimization. From November 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaVice President, Consumer Marketing @ - Lead all paid acquisition marketing efforts to generate website traffic, registrations and sales for RentTheRunway.com. Hands-on management and strategic leadership of all digital member acquisition efforts including Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Affiliate Marketing, Email Contact Strategy, Social Media Advertising, Website Retargeting and Display/Video Marketing.
- Directly responsible for executing on marketing campaigns resulting in 400K+ registrations in year 1 (from a baseline of zero). Doubled this acquisition rate in year 2 while lowering cost per registration by utilizing conversion funnel testing and expansion to new channels. Implemented promotional strategy via email, onsite messaging and display retargeting to increase ARPU by 20%.
- Developed and test conversion enhancing opportunities such as onsite up-sells, co-branded partnerships/offers, television commercial advertising, out-of-home media and direct mail. From November 2010 to November 2012 (2 years 1 month) Vice President, Marketing @ - Led all web marketing activities for Knewton.com to maximize leads and sales generation. Responsibilities include Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search Marketing, Affiliate Partnerships, Email Remarketing, Social Media outreach and Video Marketing. Responsible for 500% growth in lead acquisition and 800% increase in paid enrollments within 7 months of joining the management team.
- Developed and optimized the sales conversion funnel (landing pages, free trial website and remarketing emails). Optimized landing page creative that increased prospect acquisition conversion rate by 10% within Paid Search.
- Increased organic rankings for targeted keywords for Google through extensive on-page content optimization, site/page code re-architecture and linking campaigns. Took top 3 targeted keywords from page ten to first two pages of Google organic search within 6 weeks of search engine optimization project. From April 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 8 months) Director, Online Marketing @ - Direct P&L responsibility for continuity membership products marketed in the Search Affiliate channel. Generate marketing strategy, new product launch, landing page and banner optimization and IT/Operational set-up and integration.
- Manage post-transactional cross-sell path for key websites such as Travelocity.com, VictoriasSecret.com and VistaPrint.com. Optimized online campaigns through creative testing that increased membership acquisition on landing pages by 10-15%.
- Developing and testing monetization campaigns including Google advertising, merchant/affiliate upsells, Rev-share based 3rd party cross-sell offers and developing down-sell/remarketing technology. From October 2005 to March 2009 (3 years 6 months) Director, Online Marketing @ From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Director, Account Management @ - Directed marketing team to manage and optimize the direct mail and email marketing of 20+ retail and multi-channel clients from diverse luxury categories such as jewelry (Tourneau, H. Stern, Baselworld Trade Show), fashion (Loro Piana, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste), fitness (Equinox Gyms) and high-end collectibles (Steuben Glass).
- Created and implemented annual marketing strategy and budgets for all clients. Developed and launched VIP and Sweepstakes programs, birthday promotions, B2B incentive programs and retail POS/direct channel data capture strategies. Provided strategic consulting to segmented campaign results reporting, profitability projections and for direct mail, e-commerce, retail and telemarketing. Increased marketing profitability by an average of 20% per client using P&L and ROI analyses.
- Managed all aspects of direct mail including database implementation, list processing, print and lettershop production for direct-to-consumer catalogs, mailers, postcards etc. From January 2003 to October 2005 (2 years 10 months) Associate Marketing Manager @ - Management of all business aspects including creation and implementation of strategic marketing plans, P&L analysis, quarterly sales projections, promotional materials design and product fulfillment for over 50 lines of collectibles from major licensors such as Pillsbury, NFL, MLB and Radio Flyer.
- Launched intensive marketing campaigns of continuity and one-shot collectibles programs netting over $5MM in annual sales. Developed new product categories and rejuvenated sales in a lagging product line that had been steadily declining for the past five years. Supervised product development, conducted counter sampling with overseas vendors and facilitated products from UK division for marketing in the US. From June 2000 to December 2002 (2 years 7 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Marketing @ Columbia University - Columbia Business School From 2009 to 2010 Bachelor's Degree, Engineering @ Columbia University in the City of New York From 1996 to 2000 Amy McDowell is skilled in: SEO, Online Advertising, Marketing Strategy, PPC, Web Marketing, Landing Page..., Email Marketing, Analytics, Digital Strategy, Social Media Marketing, Direct Marketing, Digital Marketing, E-commerce, Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing, Paid Search Strategy, SEM, Display Advertising, Retargeting, Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing, Bing, Affiliate Marketing, Marketing, Direct Mail, Web Analytics, Creative Direction, Advertising, Online Marketing, Product Development, Copywriting, Multi-channel Marketing, Strategy, B2B, Customer Acquisition, Organic Search, Google Analytics, Interactive Marketing, Online Lead Generation, Digital Media, Strategic Partnerships, Omniture, Multivariate Testing, Conversion Optimization, Mobile Marketing, Market Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension