A Human Resource Professional with over twelve years experience in Human Resources involving full life cycle recruiting, revision and application of the internal policies of the company and evaluation of the personnel. Extensive experience in Executive Recruitment within the fields of Pharmaceutical, Health Care, Manufacturing, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Quality and Control. Leadership experience with the ability
A Human Resource Professional with over twelve years experience in Human Resources involving full life cycle recruiting, revision and application of the internal policies of the company and evaluation of the personnel. Extensive experience in Executive Recruitment within the fields of Pharmaceutical, Health Care, Manufacturing, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Quality and Control. Leadership experience with the ability to work efficiently in a team environment and set priorities in a multi-tasking work environment. Customer service oriented and a proven self-starter with the dedication to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Talent Acquisition Partner @ From January 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Toronto, Canada AreaSenior Human Resources Recruiter @ • Develop strong relationships with Business Partners and Hiring Managers to effectively recruit for diverse and complex positions related to the PharmEng Technology business
• Actively source and recommend candidates for all business units including Engineering, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, and Marketing
• Develop sourcing strategies for senior level and niche skill positions including internal recruitment, job fairs, partnering with educational institutions, social media, direct sourcing, niche job boards, volunteer programs and employee referrals
• Work with Managers and HR Managers to understand future needs and the current challenges with the positions to be filled, advise on recruitment strategy and communicate progress of searches
• Partner with employees to encourage applications, advise on career development, coach on interviewing skills and provide positive feedback on recruitment activities
• Track and analyze KPIs related to recruitment – time to fill, days open, recruitment activity
• Develop recruitment ads to attract candidates and promote PharmEng Technology as an Employer of Choice
• Source, negotiate terms and manage relationships with external search firms
• Coach hiring managers on how to conduct interviews and the overall Talent Acquisition process
• Coach junior Recruiters on best practices related to sourcing, presenting candidates to hiring managers, offer negotiations and internal processes/practices From July 2012 to January 2013 (7 months) MarkhamTalent Acquisition Partner @ • Actively source and recommend candidates for all business units including Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Sales and Marketing and Quality and Compliance.
• Developed and revised the Recruitment process to follow the required steps of pre-selection, phone interviews, arranging interviews with managers, presenting recommendations, reference checking and presenting letters of offer
• Coordinating all job fair and related marketing events (stands, registrations, publicity, communication, documents and briefing to participants)
• Interview and coach employees on the interview process, provide constructive feedback on interview performance, field employee questions respond to employee concerns, and escalate issues as appropriate
• Provide recommendations to Hiring Managers and/or Human Resources Partners regarding candidates.
• Present and negotiate offer packages with candidates while ensuring internal equity and following compensation policies in consultation with the HR Partners
• Identify and assist with continuous improvement activities, including recruitment systems, processes and metrics.
• Identify strategic sourcing initiatives, including new websites and various colleges and universities to increase Teva Canada’s exposure in the marketplace
• Develop sourcing strategies for various roles including multi incumbent positions, high volume recruitment blitzes, senior level roles and niche skill sets
• Lead Talent Acquisition projects, including Preferred Vendor List, and partnerships with TIPT and Oxford Learning Centres
• Provide back-up support for Manager, Talent Acquisition Identifying and participate in career fairs, and other recruitment outreach opportunities
• Successfully implemented an applicant tracking system (iCIMS)
• Train Hiring Managers on In-House ATS System and utilize HRIS employee database, iCIMS applicant tracking and Kronos payroll systems for access to employee data and reporting functions From May 2008 to June 2012 (4 years 2 months) Corporate Recruiter @ From September 2006 to May 2008 (1 year 9 months) HR @ From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Recruitment Consultant @ From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Executive Recruiter @ From 2000 to 2003 (3 years)
Bachelor of Arts, English @ Trent University From 1995 to 1999 Post Dilpoma, Human Resources @ Durham College From 1999 to 2000 Adam Kooy is skilled in: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Applicant Tracking..., Technical Recruiting, Executive Search, Internet Recruiting, Performance Management, Onboarding, HRIS, Employee Engagement, Screening, College Recruiting, Contract Recruitment, Sourcing, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Screening Resumes, Succession Planning, Interviews, Career Development, Staff Augmentation, Employer Branding, Strategic Sourcing, HR Consulting, Program Management, Management, Job Descriptions, Job Fairs, Training, Graduate Recruitment, Recruitments, Personnel Management, Workforce Planning, Change Management, Coaching, Leadership, IT Recruitment, CRM, Staffing Services, PeopleSoft, HR Policies, Employment Law, Reference Checking, Temporary Placement, Behavioral Interviewing, Hiring, Organizational..., Recruitment Advertising, Time Management, Resume Writing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension